Monday, May 13, 2019

A Belated Mother's Day and Short Post



 Indian Paintbrush and Blue Bonnets


Hello,

 Spring is so here... I love it. I love the spring in Texas when all of the bluebonnets and the indian paintbrush wild flowers are blooming. It is that time of year again for us and I am so happy at seeing them.
 These are pictures from the internet. Needless to say our trip was postponed until next weekend.




 So yesterday we were in Karyn's little car... Jonathan, Karyn and I. Poor Nathan has a very swollen and abscessed jaw. Lots of pain and no sleep and so he stayed home. All he asked for was for something for pain. I got him some otc  Ambesol, some Tylenol and a ice pack. 
 Anyway there we were in the car riding along with everything going well singing Zippity Dooooo Daaaa Dayyyy when along came a THUMP.... thump thump thump… Our trip up the hills and down the valleys came to a pretty near stop. Not a real flat tire but to a stop none the less.
 I say that literally because traffic was a bumper to bumper.  We decided to turn back and we thought that if we had an early dinner we would beat the Mother Day crowds.
 Haha the joke was on us. We went to 3 different restaurants, A bar and grill and the waits were an hour plus. 
 I think that as early as it was that these poor people must have been sitting and waiting since right after Church services.
 We did manage to find a place that we had never been and no waiting. It was busy but we were seated straight away and the food was really delicious except for the enchilada's. They were very salty. I thought that it was me because I have cut a huge portion of my salt out of my diet but the kids said that theirs were very salty as well. 
 I suppose that we were very lucky to have gotten anything to eat at all with how busy every place was. We really didn't want Mexican food but like I said we were lucky to get in at all.
 The chips and salsa were excellent as well as the flavor of the food. I just left the salty food aside and concentrated on my entrée. 

 Back home I was feeling so tired as we had been out and about for hours and I still had one more stop to make. Karyn and I went to see Matthew because he really wanted to see me yesterday. I wanted to see him too so we took another hour to go and see him.

 I hope to go to bed early tonight. Today has been busy as well. Nathan had a visit to the dentist and is now on Penicillin.  On Friday they are pulling 5 teeth. Poor kid. 
 His teeth are in terrible shape. They have all just started to crumble and break off. The dentist wants him to finance with them but seriously he cannot afford the finance charge. 
 So he is just going to have to pay as he goes. I don't understand why young men cannot get dental help or reasonable insurance. It really aggravates me to see him having to scrimp every cent to get dental help. 

 Well forgive me for this being a short post but I really am tired. Hopefully I will be able to rest tonight and I hope to have a good day tomorrow.

 My youngest daughter will be 33 at 7:20 in the morning. Happy Birthday Laurie. I need to make her a page so I will try and work on that in the morning.
 Have a great week and take care of yourself... BB

3 comments:

  1. I hope Nathan is feeling better today. I agree about the insurance coverage. I guess he needs to start saving up now for dentures. At least your day was interesting with nice folks and some good food.

    It's raining here. What else is new? The forecast keeps changing but we do have some sun coming sometime this week. And I might get my porch set up over the weekend. Woo Hoo! I'll give you a call in a while. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. motherdays2020.com

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...