Tuesday, May 14, 2019

My Blog Post Was Eaten And Happy Birthday Laurie


My baby girl was born at 7:20 in the morning. She weighed in at 7lbs and 8 oz and 22 inches long. She was a very fast birth. Happy Birthday my beautiful girl... I hope your day was as special as you are....
 My water broke at 6:30 that morning and I had a doctor appointment. I was thinking of canceling it but at the last minute I told my husband that I needed the car. 
 He said... Hurry up I can't be late to work today. (He was a relief driver and when someone couldn't take their route then he had to. No ifs and or buts. He had to be there.)
 I was walking from our living room to get Jonathan and Karyn from there rooms and walking in the kitchen I had a contraction and grabbed the pantry door knob. My water broke and I looked at my husband and said... I have to go. I am in labor.
 Laurie was born less than an hour later.
 It is a great story but not so great at the time.
 My husband practically forgot me. No kidding. He said "Beth you cannot have this baby today. I have to work."
 I looked at him like... "Oh I will just tell the baby that Daddy has to work and you can't be born" I was having some great contractions so he had to get the kids in the car and seriously, he drove off leaving me standing in the damn kitchen.
 Then when he returned do you think he came to help me? Nope he honked the damn horn. I am not sure how I got to the car. But I had a new car and we had to protect my seats before I could get in. Minutes are ticking.
 Mama and daddy lived close by thankfully and I had already packed their suitcases and so Mama had everything she needed. We just had to drop the kids off. Finally we are on our way.
 I told him to just go to work since we had to pass his work but he drove to my sisters house instead to get her to take me to the hospital. He always did stupid stuff like that. He was in such a hurry to get to work but passed it right on by.
 I was really upset because I could drive myself. Go to work already and let me have this baby. We finally got my sister to the door and we were less than 5 minutes away from the hospital but instead of taking me he drove back to his work.
 Linda and I are both in our night clothes. We dropped him off and we headed back down hwy 31 and just our luck. We got stopped by a train. I was very worried by this time because I was having contraction after contraction.
 There was no alternate route. We had to wait for the train. I told Linda I thought I was going to have the baby in the car. The good Lord was looking out for us because I barely finished my sentence when the end of the train went by.
 We also missed the stopped lights. They were all green. YAY!
 When we got to the hospital she pulled up to the emergency entrance and said. "I will be back. I have to go and get the girls and take to mama and I need to get dressed. You will be ok until I get back. Right?"
 Well I guess so. I got out of the car and walked in all by myself. To make a long story short they inserted the IV in the elevator and took me up to Labor and Delivery and my friend Barbara met me with a big smile. She lived close to me.
 "So we are gonna have a young un... come on girl I got cha now.... " and getting onto the bed Laurie started to crown.
 My doctor barely made it. And they had put some kind of pain medication in my IV and when Dr. McHenry held her up I said... Twins... Twins???? and he laughed and said it is the pain medicine. You have a beautiful little girl."

 And she is beautiful....

This is Laurie with her daughter Cathy.
 This isn't the photo I wanted to use but it is handy as I can't find the one I used earlier.

 Anyway this is it for tonight. I still have dinner dishes to do and I will have to recap everything I wrote in my blog that was eaten tomorrow...

 Take care of yourself, have a great day or evening and as always be safe.... BB



1 comment:

  1. Quite a trip you had! Ain't the road to motherhood grand? Somehow, we'd all do it all over again too. Your girls are beautiful Beth. I know how you feel about Blogger eating your post. Every now and then it happens to me too. It's frustrating.

    Today I'm going to look on the web to see if there's a way to fix some of the videos we took at this last show. That should keep me busy for a while. haha. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...