Thursday, October 10, 2019

Hello and Happy Thursday!


The Name of this kit is called The Night Of The Raven.
Rosie's Designs

https://www.e-scapeandscrap.net/boutique/index.php…

 My dear friend Rosie is now putting her designs up for sale. This is a beautiful kit. Check it out... She is truly awesome.

Hi,
 I am not sure if I shared this page or not. I just made it simple as I was in a hurry, but I don't think it turned out half bad but I did not do this kit justice.
 Still I will have Halloween pages to make and grandkids in costumes so I still have ample opportunities to make more pages.

 I wanted to blog yesterday but I was not feeling my best with my leg hurting. Actually I was in pain all day yesterday and so I just tuned everyone and everything out.
 I tend to do that when I am in pain. Some times it is all that I can do and if you have chronic pain then you understand what I am talking about. 
 Depression goes hand in hand with pain. How can one not feel depressed when it takes every ounce of energy just to concentrate on moving my hurting body to get up and go to the bathroom?
 Even tho I was hurting and still am to a point, having my grandchildren has been a joy. It is hard to be depressed when one of my little ones comes up to me and says "I love you Na-Na." or the baby when he puts his little arms around me and lays his head on my shoulder and babbles away. 
 So I haven't been depressed but the pain is getting to the point that yesterday was a hard day. I slept as much as possible and I was in bed asleep at 9:30 last night.
 Miss Foxy woke me up during the night and licking me on the mouth. She usually does this when she is thirsty. I got up to check her bowl but it was full. I gave her a fresh bowl and opened a bottle of water for her but that is not what she wanted. 
 I took her out but that isn't what she wanted either. After I got back into bed I realized what the little stinker was after. Peppermints. 
 We have a brand of hard peppermints that I buy. She is like me and loves these things and Nathan bought me a package yesterday.
 I got up and got her one and she was a happy puppy dog. As soon as she had it then she settled back down and cuddled with me all night. The rest of the night I should say.

 Well tomorrow is my big day. It is really hard to believe that I will be 60 tomorrow. 
 I have heard my birth story many times. 
 Today is my favorite uncle on my dads side of the family's birthday. He wanted me to be born on his birthday so bad. But I was born the next afternoon.
 Apparently my dad and uncle were at work. It was a Sunday. Many of you know that my parents were alcoholics and apparently they didn't know anything about alcoholic fetal syndrome but honestly common sense when your pregnant should take over and say hmmm I better not drink, but I know that the bottle is stronger than anything else to a person who battles Alcoholism.  
 Anyway I think that since it was beer and it only took my mom 2 or 3 to be drunk as a skunk. I really think that beer was a better option than hard liquor but I could be wrong. I would have preferred my mother choose water, tea, soda or coffee to beer or hard liquor but she chose beer from what I have heard.
 The night before I guess that they must have pulled a good one because I heard from my older sister and brother that the morning of my birth my mom was sitting at the table drinking a gallon of milk. She even sent my siblings to get more and that they had to buy quarts of milk and she had milk bottles sitting on the table to drink.
 Hmmm so around 4:00 that afternoon my aunt sent my uncle to where my daddy was clearing land and said "Your fixin' to become a daddy so you better get on home and clean up."
 Mama wasn't in labor very long before I was born. 
 I was a Sunday child. I weighed 6 pounds and 6 ounces. It had been 13 years since my mother had a baby and everyone talked about how fast I was born. I guess all that milk must have helped lol.

I just checked the mail and I have a package from Miss Edna and Pogo. I did not open it. I will wait until tomorrow! Thank you Miss Edna and Pogo. 
 But I did open my beautiful card and have it sitting on my computer table so I can enjoy it. It is very pretty and I just love the birds. Thank you.

 So I guess that I will be going clothes shopping this weekend. We need to find me a few winter clothes and I have to get a pair of winter shoes and socks. I was just planning on borrowing some items from my daughter Laurie but we have a major cold front heading our way. 
 It is supposed to be as cold here this coming week as it will be in Reno when I get there. 

 It is time for lunch so I have to get my lunch and noon meds. You guys take care and I will talk to you all a little later... BB

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Beth. I do hope your pain subsides and you can have an awesome day. Pogo is sending you woofs and a great big lick to go right up the side of your cheek! I understand about the pain and the depression that comes with it. But, you hang in there and tomorrow the sun will shine. We got up early this morning and had a little bit to eat. Then it was back to sleep for Pogo, and I got to post my blog. Soon, though, I need to give him some medicine. Not the funnest thing to do, but necessary. Beth, don't forget to send me a good photo of Karyn so that I can have that page printed up and framed for the new place you girls find. Now I'm off do a bit of blog reading. Again, have a blessed and awesome Birthday, big hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edna, Oh thank you so much for my gift and tell Pogo that I loved the woofs and the great big lick upside my cheek! He is so sweet! and so are you too. Everyone loves my bracelet. I love it and the color is just beautiful.

      I will send a photo as soon as she lets me take one. I told her I needed one so maybe she will let me take a good one soon and I will send it to you.

      Once again Thank you for my gift and birthday wishes. It is a good day! xx

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful day, with little pain and lots of little grandchildren arms around your neck professing their love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what!? I awoke this morning with 3 of my grandchildren kissing me and saying Happy Birthday Na-Na... It was awesome and my friend Miss Edna sent me a gorgeous bracelet with Ethiopian pink pearls which is one of my birthday stones.
      So far it has been a beautiful day. We even have a huge cold front that I find awesome to give us a huge break from this heat! Thanks for stopping by. Hugs to you and you have an awesome day as well. xx

      Delete
  3. Have a happy birthday! Sorry you've been having pain -- I hope it subsides. I'm glad Miss Edna sent you a present! I've never heard of a dog eating peppermints -- LOL. I wonder if Olga would like them? She likes peanuts but I think something minty might freak her out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Steve I laughed when I read that peppermints might freak Olga out. Well Foxy will eat most anything. She is a little chichua and she loves Mexican food. We tell her that of course she loves her heritage lol.
      One night I was eating some peppermints and she kept crying and pawing at my mouth and so I gave her the one I had in my mouth doubting she would eat it but I figured she would stop crying and to my surprise she ate it and wanted more and she can smell them a mile away so it is funny how she asks for them.

      I received a beautiful bracelet from Miss Edna. Pink Ethiopian pink pearls. It is just gorgeous. I will treasure it for the rest of my life.
      We go to Kissimmee Florida every March. It would be nice if you could join us one year. Give you a chance to visit family and Ms. Moon too!

      Give Olga a big hug for me. I bet she will love all the extra attention lol... Take care and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Unable to receive bitcoins in the bitcoin trading process on the exchange or unable to receive bitcoins from someone ? If you want to delete this error and looking for ways to deal with such steps, you can always take help from the tea who is ready to assist you. feel free to take help from the team via calling on Ledger nano phone number which is all the time active and users can connect to them at any period of time without any problem. The team experts are always at your service to serve the best solutions so that you can easily execute the process and carry forward the process and your work without any complications. The team is always ready to guide you to provide the best results.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...