Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Christmas Spirit 2019


Elegant Christmas kit by Rosie from our private group. Images from free site.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas at my house. We have some secrets going on around here lol. I love this time of year and so far it is better than previous Christmas's. I think that it is because we have the kids with us for the first time in several years. That always makes it better!

 We are trying to decide where to put the tree. We moved the living room around, or I should say that Nathan did and where I had the tree last year will not be able to go there this year. 
 So we are thinking that we will move the chair more into the center of the room by the sofa and use the space where the chair is now.
 I want to go to the dollar store and get some new decorations for the tree. I also need to get some stockings and stocking stuffers. I am getting really excited!

 Oliver is in the house with me and laying by the patio door. I am letting him stay with me tonight. He is my buddy. 

My latest photo of Oliver.... excuse the debris in the back. I didn't crop this one.

 This isn't the best photo of Oliver but he is camera shy lol. He is such a sweet dog. I am very attached to him. He makes my heart smile and Foxy is doing better around him. She has learned for the most part to leave him alone and I am happy that she is.

 I also have a photo to share of my Christmas Cactus. This is the first time it has bloomed since I got it. This was a gift from my son Matthew almost 3 years ago.


I have it in a foil pan since I brought it inside. It doesn't like a lot of water and I have to repot it into a larger pot but I was afraid if I tried to repot it a couple of months ago that it wouldn't bloom. Anyway I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and the side of the pot broke off and I didn't have anything else handy and I figured since we were just going to throw the foil pan away I would use it so when I water it the water wouldn't make a mess. What ever works right? 
 In a couple of weeks after the blooms fade I will repot it. When I do I will take some cuttings to use in smaller pots for my friends Julie and Emily for a little Christmas gift. I already have the pots and soil. 

 Things have been crazy here. Jonathan had to go to the doctor and he tested positive for the flu. 
 Laurie now has it and she went to the doctor today. They both have different symptoms. 
 I really hope that I don't come down with it. I have been sick enough this past year and I have taken a lot of precautions trying to stay healthy.
 Having a compromised immune system sucks. 

 Back in 1982 I caught mono and it attacked my immune system. It also attacked all of my internal organs and since then my immune system has never recovered. 
 It didn't help that while I was recovering I found out I was pregnant with Jonathan and my doctors were very worried about him as well.
 I still don't think that I ever really recovered from that. I know that I use to have so much energy that I could run circles around everyone and still had lots to spare.
 Ha.. that vanished lol. My energy level never returned and I catch everything under the sun. So that is why I catch colds and illness's so much.

 After Christmas is over I am going to be planning for our Florida trip in March. I am so looking forward to spending some time with Miss Edna and Pogo and hopefully Audrey if she gets to come. 
 It will be just wonderful to see my sweet friend and to relax for 10 entire days and enjoy having a beautiful place to do so. 
 Last year I didn't take anything other than my laptop and tablet. I bought new clothes while I was there and mailed everything home so I didn't have to deal with luggage on top of everything else that I had to have with me like my walker and my carry on which is my laptop bag, medicines and personal items. 
 It cost less to mail the box home than what my suitcase would have cost so I will do that again this coming trip. 
 I took my walker and suitcase to Reno this year and that was such a pain in the butt let me tell you. And the airlines actually lost my walker and my suitcase. They went to Baltimore Maryland when I had to change planes in Las Vegas. It was supposed to have been a direct flight but we ended up having to change planes.

 It is getting late so I am going to close and try to get some sleep so I will chat with you all again soon... Hugs to all. Have a Blessed day... BB

 

5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas cactus looks great! It looks much better than the ones I've been trying to root at home. I think maybe I've given them too much water. As you said, they don't really like to be wet -- but they're cuttings with no developed roots so I also want them to stay hydrated.

    Oliver is adorable! Olga would love to meet him, I'm sure.

    Good luck with the traveling and I hope the flu spares you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve the cuttings have to be dried out so that the ends of the cuts are scabbed over for a few days. Just dampen the soil and then put your cuttings in the damp soil. Don't water for about 3 weeks. Best to get a spray bottle and lightly spray. Good Luck..
      Oh no doubt that Oliver would love to meet Olga. He is the most gentle dog I ever seen with other dogs.
      TTYL...

      Delete
  2. Oh my, Oliver is such a handsome fellow! I'm so glad he is staying in the house with you. Doggies belong in the house with us. He'll be needing his very own indoor bed soon. As for Florida, it's more like two weeks than 10 days. You are staying the whole time, right? Gosh, I hope so. It's busy here too with only a couple weeks left to get everything done. You stay healthy my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children always do make the holidays brighter. I hope everyone will be well again soon. One of my aunts always said one should book travel well in advance because then you get to enjoy the anticipation of it for longer.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...