Thursday, January 14, 2021

Home Safely

 

Ollie relaxing at home lol. Matt says that he is very content and slightly becoming spoiled lol.

Hi,

 I hope all are doing well. I am ok. I got home about 9:30pm Sunday night. We had a huge snow storm to hit Texas while I was in Reno starting Saturday night and becoming a big event on Sunday. I had to fly into Denver from Reno and Courtney's mom just outside of Denver and she told Courtney that it was so white from all the snow that the night looked like day. I remember seeing that effect when I lived in Indiana.

 It was just really crazy to see snow here in Austin and watching the weather seeing how big the storm was.

 Well like a lot of people I am just stunned and heartbroken of the events that happened at the capital. It was just horrible but really not unexpected for me.

 I had told my sister that I was afraid that someone was going to get killed if Trump kept up these rally's and a while back I watched one of the Governors of Alabama or Georgia who was very angry at the death threats that his family was receiving after the attempted kidnapping of the Governor of Michigan and he said "It has to stop now. Somebody is going to get killed."

 So I am reminded of the conversation that I had with my sister. Courtney was on her lunch break when we both got notifications on our phones. I was busy doing something and I didn't look at my phone anytime soon. I am hoping that our country heals and that Unity will be restored and that we are not heading for a Civil War as my son Nathan and daughter Karyn fear. 

 I had a doctor appointment yesterday. It went well. I have appointments all the way to Feb11th. It is the first of a new year and so I have to get all of them done before I leave so I will have my referrals that I need to start health care in Nevada. 

 I guess I need to get off of here and get some work done and start going thru some things that I want to take with me. It is going to be a hard job. I am torn in between staying and going, but I was only home 3 days and yesterday I asked Jonathan a question about something that happened 20 years ago and I wasn't prepared for him to get so angry at me. Even Nathan said he was out of line and I walked outside and I heard him yelling at Nathan why I had to live in the past? I told Jonathan we are all defined by our past in one way or other. Our past, our mistakes make us who we are today and he just continued and of course I started to cry and that is when Nathan joined Jonathan and criticized me for not having control of my emotions. I was so upset for several hours and I still get teary eyed when I think of some of the things that were said to me. Why do my son's hate me? I would have never dreamed of talking to my parents in the way that they speak to me.

 The thing is I taught them to treat people with dignity and respect. I remember when the kids were growing up that No One would sit down to the table until Jonathan pulled my chair out and seated me at the dinner table. 

 I remember how they used their manners and believed in respect. I don't know what has happened but I feel that I have done something wrong somewhere along the line. 

 Karyn said No that they have just had so much that they have had to deal with that they just hold in all of their emotions and then it all comes out, like bottling up all that bothers me.

 So I guess I will get off here and get busy. Take care and stay safe! BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...