Friday, February 19, 2021

Snowed In


 

 It is super cold out. I am hoping that I am posting the right picture of my neighbors roof edge and icicles. This is day 5 of our adventure and it is really has been a adventure for millions of people. One that millions of people are not prepared for and does not want to ever repeat again.

 We have been without power since late Monday night. We got power back on after 80 hours plus a few more. Nathan stopped counting how many hours in total because it wasn't on  constantly as it would come on and go off.

 It all had to do with a power grid that is rather hard to explain. The way that I understand it is that they were going to do a roll out like 45 minutes on and 15 minutes off. They do this in the summer time as a controlled measure to avoid massive outages by shutting the power off at certain times of the day in places that have these smart thermostats. 

 When we lived in the apartments (Ridge Point and San Paloma) they did this. It was fine because it was usually cool enough that we didn't even notice it. By the time it was getting warm in the apartment it was coming right back on. It didn't interfere with our tv's or other things, It just shut off our air conditioning for 15 minutes each day so that it wouldn't cause blackouts like it did in California.

 But as they were taking us off line they were actually trying to take the big establishments off line and OOOp's... it caused Texas to fall off of the grid completely. One of the news stations said that we were minutes to seconds from a total catastrophe. One where we could have suffered months of no power.

  Then to have topped it off yesterday morning (Early) they took our water off line supposedly to protect our Nuclear and Power Plants. So long story short we have no water. The boys have been shoveling snow to melt down so that we can have water to flush the toilet with but it is melting so fast that today will be the last day of that. 

 I am sorry that this is so short but it is almost supper time.. I mean choose our can night lol. Thankfully we have soups and crackers and things to make sandwiches with. I think that I spotted a can of chili in the cupboard. If not I am sure that I can find something that I can eat. One good thing is that we do stock up when we go to the store. I had one of those Mac and Cheese cups for lunch today so I do have some options.

 Take care to all and to all a good night... BB

3 comments:

  1. Stay safe and warm Beth. Take care of yourself. Wish I could send you water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This situation is unbelievable, Beth! I hope you get your power and water back on for good and meanwhile TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying that this horrible mess gets cleared up quickly. Is the water back on yet at least partially? It sure would help. Can I do anything to help you? Let me know. I'll call you later, love and hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...