Thursday, September 23, 2021

A Beautiful Day

We are still having the smoke from the wildfires. This photo was taken just a couple of days ago.

 My Blog settings are not doing what I want them to do but that is nothing new. I hope that your all doing well. We are alright here and just wish that it would pour down raining for a couple of days to get rid of these wildfires. Just when they think that they have a handle on it, then another one is started from the wind sending ash and with the drought conditions the ground is so dry and the under brush just ignites and that is all that it takes to start the fires blazing once more. We just pray for rain. That is about the only thing that is going to help put them out. That and the strong winds need to calm down.

 So there isn't really any news to report. The weather is just gorgeous. The high today is 78 degrees and the low is 49 degrees so it is really nice. 

 On Monday I was outside with Matthew and he said Mom look over your shoulder. There was a crow inching his way over to me. I usually have some kind of treat for him so he came looking. He left when he realized he wasn't getting a treat. I was prepared the next morning tho and he has been hanging around a lot more. He is still a baby. 

 We have a lot of sea gulls and they are pretty wild. They are not as easily trained as the crows. I still love to watch them and try to be up so I can see them but they are usually really early with the bats. We have tons of bats that roost in the trees and they are like clock work. If I am a single minute late getting outside then I miss them and can only see a few stragglers that come by.

 I had to go to see my podiatrist. He takes care of my feet and I had him look at my pinkie toe as it is so sore and I can barely wear my shoe on the left foot. I started complaining about it back a few weeks ago when Courtney's parents were here and I had Courtney look at it. She said it was red but didn't see anything wrong with it. Well he x-rayed it and it is broken in 3 places. I haven't done anything to it for it to be broken. No stumps, nothing that I can recall and since there is nothing that can be done about it I said "Well now I know why it hurts!" I swear I am falling apart piece by piece lol.

 I have some things that I need to do soon. I guess I need to get busy with it. I have a sink full of dishes to wash but I will have to wait until Courtney is off work because her mic picks it all up so I guess that will teach me to wash the dishes after dinner at night. I was not feeling good last night and so I didn't wash them so I will make sure that I do tonight so I won't have so many. I hope lol.

 Have a great day tomorrow and a awesome weekend. Hugs to all and take care. BB

2 comments:

  1. It's cute that you have a "pet" crow! I bet it's fun seeing the bats, too. We need more bats in the world.

    Sorry about your toe! That's got to hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how painful that toe is. You need to be very careful these days. As we get older, things get hurt much more easily. I love the story about your crow. Birds are wonderful. They bring such happiness. I wonder how come we don't have any bats around here. At least, I've never seen one. Today I'm off to get my booster vaccine shot and maybe my flu shot. I'm not sure about the flu shot. If I don't get it today, I'll try for next week. Did you know that you made all your print in your post Blue? It's different. I'm off now to finish my blog reading before I start getting dressed. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...