Saturday, March 5, 2022

Sleepless Night In Texas

 


 This is my great niece and nephew. The baby is protesting "Girl" kisses LOL. I am going to scrap this photo for my niece. I know that she will love it.

Good Morning,

 I have been up since 2:00 this morning. I woke up yesterday morning with a very sore throat and achy all over. I decided to go back to bed and I slept until 10:00pm and just got up to go to the bath room and I went back to bed but the smoke alarm went off at 2:00 this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep so I made some coffee and worked on my game for a little while, but it didn't capture my attention so I closed it out and decided to do some blog reading instead.

 Not much has happened around here. I went to my pain doctor on Thursday, and I am so happy that I was able to get in. He and I decided that I would go back to the medication that I was on before I moved to Reno. I have to call them Monday because my pharmacy told me that they only received 2 of the medications so I have to call about 2 others. My daughter and I know that he must have forgotten because he had sent the first two while we discussed the other two. I also had some left of my February medication so he might have thought that I had enough for March. I will call on Monday to make sure it is sent in.

 Afterwards we stopped in a store and I bought a 16 month calendar and I got it for $3.00. I got home and went to fill in my medical appointments and a host of others dates and Darn It... It is a 2021 calendar. So I threw away $3.00.  I will not be going back to that area until April, so I will have to check at another place. I cannot believe how expensive calendars are. 

 While waiting for my prescriptions to be filled, I checked at the store while grocery shopping, at their calendars and was shocked that a simple calendar with pictures of animals were $13.00. Things have tripled in Price since January. Our fuel is $3.30 a gallon and Matt said diesel is $4.98 a gallon. He said he doesn't know how much longer he can afford to run his truck. He said that the loads he is getting isn't compensation for how much fuel he is using. 

  I think that Karyn has to work in the office on Monday so she will probably come into town tonight. We are suppose to go and see a movie tonight or tomorrow night. Jennifer Lopaz and Owen Wilson in "Marry Me." 

 We went to The Texas Roadhouse for dinner the other night. My steak was delicious. Karyn ordered the Salmon and she gave me a bite of her salmon and it was awful. It tasted fishy and smelled fishy and it had barely touched my tongue and I was looking for the exit to go and spit it out, but Karyn handed me a napkin and said "Just use this." I found it embarrassing but our dinner guest agreed to just spit it into the napkin. Karyn said, "Is it really that bad Mom?" I was nodding my head and drinking my water. A few seconds later, Karyn was doing the same. She pushed her plate away and caught the servers attention. The girl came over and Karyn motioned to her plate and said "Please take my plate away. My fish is raw and I can't eat it and please don't replace it because I have lost my appetite." She and Karyn had a long conversation about the salmon. The server said that the manager needed to see the fish because this was not what the fish should look like. Karyn apologized to me and said she was sorry that she just thought I didn't like it. While that is true for most fish to me, I really just do not like it but I was willing to try but I told her not to offer me fish again, and she agreed lol.

 I am going to lay down until Jonathan gets up. I think that I will read for a little while and hopefully catch a nap. 

 You guys and gals have a super weekend and stay safe. BB

1 comment:

  1. Everything costs more now. Is it because all the truckers are busy protesting mandates and not delivering to the stores? Thanks to the few who are actually working, delivering. I hope you get some rest and feel better. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...