Monday, April 6, 2020

A Muggy Monday


One of my favorite scrap pages..... Lins Creations.

I did this page when I was on Lins Creative Team. She has some of the cutest kits and I really enjoyed working on her team but after that bout of flu that I had about 3 years ago I just couldn't keep up with all of the teams I was on. I think that with the flu and just plain burnout I stopped creating for a long while. But working with this kit was just super fun.
 Before I close I will try to find the name of it and the link to her stores in case anyone is interested in downloading this kit and take a look at all of the other kits she has.

 Today is hot and muggy. We have had a lot of rain and it looks like it is going to come down again. Every time I decide to go out and at least sweep the patio off and to clean it up a bit it starts raining.
 It is also smelling really bad out there too. I have looked and the only thing that I can find is a couple of bags of leaves that have gotten wet and we need to get them thrown away but our compost bin is not large enough and they charge us $10.00 a bag if we set them out on the street. So I think that we just need to wait it out at least until we can get it all cleaned up at once.
 I called our lawn guy to ask if he could come to mow our grass again and he said yes he would try to come today. I called him back to cancel because I just looked out and it is pouring. Of course I probably didn't need to call him but as a curtesy I did.

 I am working a bit more in my bedroom. I need help getting everything unpacked and put in place but I had a conversation with Nathan and Jonathan and they are wanting to move. They are not happy here and it is because of all the bugs. Roaches, spiders and ants. We have sprayed and bombed and fogged but they are seeming to just get worse and we will not live with the roaches. We have never lived in a place that will not call an exterminator to come spray. But when we mentioned it to our landlady she dropped off some Home Defense and said we had to pay for pest service ourselves. 
 They were not really bad until a few months ago and so that was really one of the reasons that the boys have issues about staying here and I have the same issues.
 This place has become to have more issues than we are happy with. Our dishwasher is horrible, the venti hood on the stove has stopped working and the landlord came to look at it and said he would be back and never came back. The bathroom tub had been resurfaced when we moved in but we cannot set bottles of shampoo or conditioner on the side of the tub because it will eat off the pain. So we are careful not to do that but I pulled up my shower mat a few months ago and it pulled up most of the paint in the bottom of the tub. I called to let them know but they didn't respond so that is another problem.

 But moving is not really ideal at the time because of the coronavirus. Also another thing is ... do I really want to unpack my things only to have to repack them again for a move?
 It is what it is. 

 I am going to have to get off of here and post this. It is now turning into a thunder and lightening storm... 

 Stay Safe and stay Home and stay Well... Love to all... BB

3 comments:

  1. Can you use your bags of leaves for something in the garden -- mulch, maybe? Or compost them at home?

    I don't know what to think about the bugs. They're always a problem in warm climates. We had plenty of them in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve,
      We did have a compost system in the back until the bugs started carting us away lol. We upgraded our compost bin but it is still rather small compared to what we have been raking. Actually my son Nathan has been raking.
      The rain has everything so wet that the smell is coming from the leaves and twigs that are mildewy. Nathan went to put them into another larger bag and the smell sent us both back into the house!
      Texas really does have more bugs than our fair share it seems. I know Florida has the same problem. We had a news segment a few weeks ago that said with all the rain we are getting to be on the lookout for brown recluse and black widow spiders. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Landlords are taking a chance nowadays renting to new tenants. I don't even bother putting my ad in the newspaper because I'm not wanting strangers coming to my house during this pandemic. Glad to see you are feeling so much better. Stay safe. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Hugs, and woofs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...