Monday, August 31, 2020

Can't Sleep

 


 I don't know about you but I am seriously longing for some crisp Autumn mornings, sweater weather, hot chocolate and pumpkin patches, the return of comfort foods and snuggling in my favorite blanket with a good book or a movie and decorating our small home with colorful autumn leaves, candles that smell of apples and cinnamon and the wonderful holidays that we will be able to enjoy our families even if they are at a distance, it is the love that counts!!!! So made this scrap page from a kit that was given to me in our group called A Feeling Of Fall. 


Hello,

 I can't sleep but I really need to. I have to be up at 6:00am to be at the imaging center at 7:30 for that stomach scan that has been put off 3 times in a row and I have got to make sure that I get there.

 Several years ago I had to have surgery to open a part of a muscle that leads from the esophagus and every time I swallow there is a small flap that opens and allows food or liquids to flow into the stomach. Mine stopped opening since I was a child but it was just about 6 years ago that they went in and cut the muscle to stay open permanently. So my surgery was a success and I have it checked every once in a while and it was good until about 6 months ago and it is possible while the muscle is still open it appears that scar tissue is growing over the top of the muscle. 

 So I am going to have this scan done and while they are at it I will also be tested for Celiac disease and a few other things. In total this scan is going to be 5 hours long and I was lucky enough that when I made this appointment I was also able to squeeze in my Mammogram... So Yay Me!!!

 It sounds worse than it actually is. Starting at 8:00 I will eat some crackers and then they will do the scan and take pictures of me swallowing and I will be able to go back to my private room and watch tv or sleep or what ever I want to do until the next scan at 9:00 and my mammogram is at 9:30 and then the next scan etc. and I should be done around lunch time and my sweet son Jonathan and I are going to have lunch together somewhere that we can eat in the car lol.

 I wish that it was a beautiful autumn day but it isn't. It will be really hot again tomorrow with triple digits. I think that it is supposed to be 103 degrees so we will not be able to find a nice shade tree and a picnic table that would we could enjoy our lunch. I think that we are going to just get a sandwich or something like that.

 We might just get something and take home or maybe Jonathan will make something here at home. Nathan is off work tomorrow as well. Jonathan took the whole day off. He has been wanting to use some of his leave. He couldn't take it for his birthday because they were on mandatory over time so he decided to just take tomorrow off and I have a list of things I want them to do and Jon is wanting to clean our floors and rearrange his room so I am glad that he was able to take the day off.


 I had Miss Foxy both Saturday and most of Sunday. Karyn came and got her and she was ready to go home. She was a lot of fun while she was here. 

She cuddled with me and we both needed that. Olly has been a real sweetheart as usual. He decided that he did not like Foxy in my room. He would stick his head in the door way and see Foxy and he would snort. I swear that is the only way I can describe it. He doesn't like it when she comes to visit lol.

 I am going to try and get a cat nap in for the only hour I have before my alarm goes off but I want to leave you with a fun photo that I have found.

 There is a famous Face in the puzzle but I have not found it. Maybe you all can discover it and share who it is. I have tried several times and still no luck on my end.

 


Good Luck my friends... 

I will be back soon. Take care and have a Blessed Monday... BB


 

 I was searching for the face while Jonathan got ready and started the car. He asked me what I was doing and I said I was searching for the face in the puzzle and I want you to know that he leaned over my shoulder and pointed out the face in like 15 seconds if not quicker... That little brat lol.. 

 Time to go. Talk to you later... Oh the face is really there and looks familiar but I am not sure... Bye












1 comment:

  1. I saw the face right away, but I don't know who it is. You have a good day today. I hope all those scans don't wear you out. Enjoy your day with the boys. I'll chat with you soon. hugs and love, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...