Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Monday Night


Hello Everyone,

 I chose this photo that says Joy is in the simple moments and it is certainly very true. It is the small moments, the little moments and all the moments in between. 

 Miss Edna knows this but I really haven't had much time to do anything if it takes more than 5 minutes. 

 So I will start by telling you that my hand hurting was a really strange ordeal and I talked to one of my doctors that told me that she thought that it was a tendon that wraps around other tendons in diabetics. Later that same afternoon my primary care doctor and I had a telemedicine appt and she also agreed. The next day my hand was worse and I really wasn't feeling good at all. I broke out in a cold clammy sweat and I told my kids that I thought that I needed to go to the hospital. That was Thursday and my hand was hurting and moving up my arm and across my chest. I had a heart attack. The next day was Friday and they cardiac surgeon found one of my arteries on the back side of my heart was 90% blocked. He cleaned it out really good (cholesterol build up) and put in a stent. I was able to go home Saturday afternoon and the next day I flew on out to Reno. 

 My kids and family really didn't want me coming to Reno this soon afterwards but the truth is I couldn't afford the air fare and I would have lost the money I had paid so I decided to come on ahead and make the trip. It was alright. I slept from Austin to Oakland California and I had a 4 hour layover but the time went rather fast. Before I knew it I was landing in Reno and my granddaughter and her mama met me at the baggage terminal. I was happy that Courtney met me because I cannot lift anything heavier than 5 pounds. 

 It was cold and windy here. Actually the turbulence was very scary and this morning we were greeted with hail, sleet and snow but it calmed down except for the wind.

 Matthew and I were in the air at the same time. He was going to Austin to see me and I was on my way to Reno. Karyn told me Saturday night that Matthew was coming in to Austin to be with me but I had already made the decision to go ahead and catch my plane to Reno. Jonathan called me this morning and said that everyone was off work except for Karyn. She had a dental appointment this morning and then was working until 8pm. 

 This just about catches me up for now. I am ready to go and lay down but I wanted to let you know how I was doing. Now I plan on going back and reading all of the blog posts that I have missed. Please excuse any errors I have made. It is late and if I made any mistakes please over look them. Until next time please be safe. Virtual Hugs xoxoxxo BB
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, girlie! You sure move fast! I hope you are feeling okay. That was a lot to do so soon after the surgery. And God Bless Matthew for flying out to see out to see you too so soon after he was quite sick in the hospital. I hope there are all good healthy days ahead now for both of you. Take your time, get settled. I'll wait a few days before calling you. Take care of yourself, hugs and love, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of coming and going! I'm glad you're in Reno safely and I'm so sorry about your heart attack! Holy cow! You have way too much excitement in your life. Take care of yourself, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...