Wednesday, August 11, 2021

A Little Crazy Goes A Long Way!

 


My son Matthew on Monday. He was dressed in his Sunday best for a court hearing. When I look at this photo of him I cannot believe how much more mature he looks since he has started driving a truck. I guess it has made him grow "Older" lol. Ssshh I really didn't say that did I? lol


 Hello,

 I hope that all are doing well. I guess that we are ok. At least we are working on being ok. Monday was the first day of school for Alex. He missed it because he and his dad and Courtney had a court hearing which ended up being re-scheduled because the other party did not appear on time. Right before they left to go for the court hearing they received a confirmation that Alex did not have to attend but since the hearing was a hour and a half away they did not have time to take him to his class and spend the time that his first period asked the parents to attend so he started the next day and it worked out fine. His dad was able to meet his teacher and stay for awhile, fill out any papers that needed to be filled out which was not many because all of that is done online now. He was enrolled a week before school even started and he also was able to get the electives that he wanted. 

 He said today that he really liked the school lunches. He said that the food is a lot better than the food at his old school. He eats breakfast here and today he chose chicken nuggets, corn, green beans, a roll, and a banana and milk. He is able to choose as it is cafeteria style.

 He is going to call me on his way home each day because he will be walking and that will be a added plus for me. He will have Courtney's sister in law meet and walk him home but today he walked home by himself (along with a group of kids who live here at the complex) so he wasn't alone and if he wants to call me then I think that is just wonderful. 

 This child has been thru so much. I can't post about it because it is rather private at the moment and so really can't comment because of court hearings and such but hopefully things will be looking up not only for him but for his 5 siblings as well. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for we surely need as much positivity as possible.

 We are working on wedding plans. The wedding date might change due to our family situation but right now the wedding plans are still in the works. We are excited and happy and Courtney and Matthew have chosen the venue and it will be rather beautiful. As the mother of the Groom I don't have that much to do at the moment. I did order my dress for the rehearsal dinner for the night before. I am waiting to see what Courtney's mom chooses for the actual wedding as we are suppose to dress similar but not exact. For my rehearsal dinner dress I am going to have the buttons replaced because the buttons look like giant pearls and they are just gaudy and Courtney is not a fan of pearls and in the catalog the buttons look like silver snaps but in reality they are huge white balls and half of them look like they are going to fall off any second so I am going to have them replaced with something else and thankfully they are just decorative and do not actually button up. I do love the dress tho. It fits like a dream and very comfortable. 

 I am going home to Texas the first week in October so I can go thru a few things in storage and spend a couple of weeks and it is also my birthday on the 11th so I will be glad to be able to spend some time with Jonathan and Karyn and then the second week of November I am flying to San Diego and spend a week with Patsy so I have a few fun things planned. All according to my health of course. I really hope that I stay well. I am going to try my best to and I will schedule all of my eye stuff around the few weeks that I am home. Then my traveling will be over because the holidays will be looming right around the corner.

 Before I go I want to tell you what Courtney and Matthew got for me. They know that I have such a hard time staying cool so they got me a new time of cooler. It is called  Newair. It has a big basin in the bottom for water and comes with a ice pack that keeps the water cool for 8 hours. It is portable so I can pull it close to my bedside if I need additional cool air or move it to where it can just circulate around the room. It also has a humidifier to help with the dry air. It is really super nice and I am really happy with it. I said no when Courtney first talked to me about it because the nights are cooling down really nice and I know that money is needed for other things, especially since Alex is here and needed new clothes and his school requires uniforms and so I said no but they surprised me with it and I can't believe how much of a difference it has made with my sleeping.

 It is almost time to start dinner so I will go for now. I hope to catch up reading everyone's blog as soon as possible. Please take care and I hope to be back soon. I am going to have to change my computer hours since Alex is in the computer area for now. I enjoy my computer at night but it will be really good for me to change my hours in the day instead of night. 

 So please take care of yourself and I will be back as soon as I can. BB

2 comments:

  1. Wow, busy busy! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to make travel plans. This will be fun for you. So stay well! Matthew looks good in his photo. The kids are being really good to you. That cooler thing sounds awesome. It's wicked hot here, but soon it will pass. ( I hope )

    I'm glad things are working out so well for Alex. He sounds like quite a nice young man. He will be great company for your granddaughter. It's great growing up with a cousin for a best friend.

    Deanne is coming by after work today and we're going to Dairy Queen for an ice cream. I'll make mine a strawberry sundae. Yum Yum! Beth, you take care and be well, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Alex got started in school with no problems despite missing that first day. I hope you have a good trip to Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...