Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Time Change


 

  A beautiful Day


 Greetings. 

 Has this time change affected you? For us, it seems that we just acclimated to getting an hour extra sleep at night, but Saturday night we sprang forward an hour, so we lost an hour of sleep and yesterday, everyone that I know was having trouble, forgetting something or just getting out the door to get to work or school or other appointments. 

 Karyn's co-worker forgot his badge and couldn't get into the building and then after a trip back home, she dropped him off at work and she went to work and lo and behold, he left his phone in the truck. Thinking that it was hers she dropped it into her purse and then later discovered it. He managed to call her and said he would just let her keep it, so she didn't have to make another trip to his office. She picked him up and he just wanted to go home. It was a Monday after all and he had already had a rocky start to the day, bless his heart. Karyn's day didn't go well either.

 She came home and was in bed by 8:00pm. I swear that girl was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. She needs a few days off after this past week. She said... "This Job Is Trying To Kill Me Mama". 

 But... It is a beautiful morning here in Austin Texas, considering that I did not sleep much last night. Karyn is here with us, and she didn't rest well either. I know that my mask is a little tight and just didn't want to wake up enough to adjust it, so it is basically my fault that I didn't rest well, and Karyn I think worked in her sleep most of the night. 

 Foxy has a hair ball, and we are trying to experiment with her food, adding some oil to help lubricate the hair so that she can get it up. Long haired breeds usually do have them due to being long haired and shedding. We keep her groomed, but all the shedding that she does, our house is filled with dog hair. I guess that is part of being a fur baby mama. I mostly let Jonathan and Karyn keep the dog hair swept up these days lol. 

 So, as I mentioned earlier, Karyn is here with us. She has been working in the office this week and she found out yesterday that she is going to be here another week. This job is not being convenient for her. The added expense is another reason as to why. She lives an hour south of us now and the price of transportation is crazy... Right now, a friend of hers is loaning her his truck so that she can commute to and from work from our house, but it is still expensive. It's a good thing that he doesn't live too far away from us, but it is a pain in the butt and Karyn is trying to pull in some overtime so that she can make up for having this crazy commute. 

 Laurie came on Sunday for about an hour. It was good to see her. I had not been back since the ice storm. I had some things that I wanted to give to her, and it gave her and Karyn a chance to catch up and I was glad that I could get them out of the way. It has been here for a good while. I didn't have room in my suitcase when I went last and it is just too hard to take what I need, my medication and now I have to carry my machine with me so it was a little much so it was nice to give it to her and she can always use it or rehome it all. I don't care as long as it is out of my way lol. 

 Speaking of machine, I have to have another sleep study done for insurance purposes. The company that I was using went out of business so I had to get a different company and they have some strict rules. I had to see my pulmonologist and she is the one that will sign off on it and she couldn't get my sleep apnea results and her hands were tied so I am going to have another one, but this time it is going to be in a sleep center and not at home. 

 I am not a big tv kind of person, but the last month I have been Binge watching Netflix. I watched season 1 of The Secret Of Skinwalker Ranch. I remember hearing about this stuff as far back as high school. It is creepy but I have never thought that we were alone in the Universe, and I believe that our Native American ancestors had some great stories to tell.

 It is on the History Channel, so I am now watching season 2. I have to deal with the ads, but they don't bother me very much. So, in order to watch it, I will watch the ads. I'm not much for reality television, but this one... WOW I am really not sure what to say, but since I was growing up with this stuff, I am caught up in it and I know that the producers and editors cut and clip and make things more interesting. They would have to because who would want to watch a bunch of scientists and researchers who are analyzing tons of data? Still history and science are my favorite subjects it is easy for me to get lost in the data aspect of it all. Not that there is much to make me zone out, just enough to keep me guessing and of course coming to my own conclusion and then go... OKayyyy WOW lol.

 So, if it is something that might interest you, there is I believe 6 seasons. The first season is on Netflix and then seasons 1-6 are on the History Channel. Just remember that there are ads on the History Channel. At least we use to call them commercials once upon a time lol.

 Karyn and I were talking to Laurie about taking the kids to the park this weekend, but it is supposed to turn off cold and rainy. So maybe weekend after next if the weather is pretty. Those kids have so much energy bottled up they are ready to explode! We decided that we will grab a bucket of chicken, some sides and have a picnic and the park that we are taking them to is called an All Abilities Park. They have challenges for people of all ages and abilities. From Mazes to playground equipment to hiking and bike trails and they have the half pipes for skateboards and roller skating. Basketball hoops and so much more. It reminds me of the park that I use to take my boys too when we lived in Nevada. It is all free of course but I need a new Chairity to donate too, and these parks always need donations. One Park is asking for trees this year, so I donated to 2 trees and a dog park. I donated money to the tree fund I should say. They get to pick what kind of trees, buy them and plant them so that is all great with me. Trees are much better than those umbrella stands that they have in places that don't have much shade.

 I am having issues with my photos. All of my folders are empty. My external hard drives are packed up in the shed somewhere. Karyn packed up a lot of my things and now I have to dig them out when I get some energy. I don't know what happened. I still have a few, but you might see me using a few that I already have posted before. Just be patient with me. Even the photos that I take with my phone are not showing up, so I don't know how to fix it. I am going to keep trying though.

 Have a great week and take care of yourself. Hugs to all... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...