Friday, June 1, 2018

Happy June! Happy Friday


Two of my favorite people.
 Miss Edna and Master Pogo... Why Yes, Pogo is a Person too! Just a cute handsome little person.

 Good Morning,
 Welcome to June! And also the weekend awaits us... Happy Friday!

 I have wanted to scrap this photo of Edna and Pogo for a long while now and I have been on scrap page creating spree tonight/ umm this morning actually.

 I started this at 5:30 this morning and had hoped to have it posted by now but Karyn came over and we went to the bank and to Walmart. I needed some dish soap to put in the dishwasher and was hoping to get a cup of coffee and a biscuit sandwich but McDonalds inside the store did not open until 7:00 which people were standing around looking at their watches... seriously. I would have thought that they would open an hour earlier given the fact that a lot of people have to be at work by 7:00 and it is a 24 hour store. Oh well now we know.... now that we do know Karyn and I on our first of the month before dawn trips to Walmart... they will change the hours to 6:00 am. hahaha

 No big deal really. After we got what we needed we just headed to the McDonalds closer to our apartments. 
I bought myself two new night gowns. One is Hot Pink and in silver letters it says "Mama Needs A Vacation" and the other is white with little flip flops all over it in all sorts of colors and styles that says "Life Is Better In Flip Flops" and I just love these kind of gowns. 
 I have had so much abdominal surgery on my stomach area and a big surgery on my kidney on my back so wearing pants really agitates those areas and after a while it hurts, so these loose fitting gowns are comfortable for me to lounge around in at home and to sleep in. I can simply not ever have too many as sometimes I run out and can't get over to the Laundry center to do them because I can't get in and out of the gate. It isn't a big problem but sometimes I just toss my few garments into Nathan's laundry. But my collection is growing. I am up to 6 night gowns now. 
 Speaking of which is really a stupid idea for whoever chose that system. You cannot enter or exit until a car comes thru. Oh for little skinny people  like my son Nathan who can squeeze thru the gate it is fine, but for short fat people like me... my tummy and rear end is just a little bit to much and I don't have the height to make it possible. 
 Anyway all of the gates around Austin city and beyond have gone with what they call exit gates. There should be a way for people inside the complex to be able to get out in case of a fire or emergency. They should have an exit for the residents here with a key pad like they have at the front, or a clicker or something to trigger the gate to open. I guess that they think everyone has a car or that everyone can walk all the way to the front to get out. Oh well, what is or what isn't I don't think that anyone is going to care enough about what I think to change it. lol.

 There has been a change of plans. My son Matthew is going to work driving a truck so he is going to school up in Dallas and so tomorrow Karyn is taking him IF he gets his car back from the shop. I think that it was ready late yesterday evening but if so then I am going to ride with them and they will drop me off at my sisters house and then we are going to her granddaughters house for a birthday party. My brother in laws birthday is the 4th and their grandsons birthday is the 5th. So my great niece has a combined birthday for them. It will be hot dogs and hamburgers and fun! I haven't seen the baby in a long time. I guess in 2014 and he was just a toddler. 
 He graduated kindergarten this year. He was very premature. He weighed just a little over a pound. He was a trooper tho. In spite of being tiny he has overcome so much. 
 Also my nephew and his wife who lost their little baby boy the 14th of April will be there and I really want to see them. So they can drop me off and Karyn can take Matthew to where he needs to go and then she can come back and pick me up.
 I am taking my pillow with me and can nap if I need to. I probably won't because I don't like to sleep when someone is driving in case they doze off but I can at least tuck my pillow around my right side which has given  me problems lately.

 I have had a lot of pain lately. I try not to complain much about it. The doctors have said that with all of the abdominal surgery it is scar tissue that becomes inflamed. It pulls and it is painful. But I don't want to go thru the surgery to cut it out. So I just deal with it along with all the other aches and pains. But I am seriously going to have to talk to my pain management doctor and see what we can do. My pain medicine doesn't last as long as it should. about 2 1/2 hours I am already feeling pain and I shouldn't be. It hasn't been that long ago that we changed it so I am not sure she is going to want to switch it to something else or not.

 Well my body is begging me to sleep so I guess that is what I am going to do. Try to lay down and sleep. I need to put some cream on my neck and shoulders. The few hours on the computer is getting to me so I will say "Good Night" for me and "Good Morning" to everyone else.. Have an awesome day to all and enjoy your start to a new month and a new weekend to be.... take care of yourselves and I will be back when I can... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...