Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Updates And Waiting 4-Ever



This is a collage of my grandson Alex and his baby sister Bella.... I have been looking for this kit for about a year now. I lost it when my computer crashed and I have hunted every place I can think of but without knowing the name or the designer I am just hoping it comes around again but shall not hold my breath...

This one is done with a kit from free kits from Salt town Studios.  There are some great kits and all free..... I will try to post a link now...
 It tested fine so we will see. I will leave it blue and not change to red. I think that is where my problem is... 
 So this is Alex and Bella a few years older obviously.... Thanks for looking and while I am at it I will share one also from Salt Town Studios of my granddaughter Cathy.

My granddaughter Cathy had just lost 2 of her top teeth and developed a smile hiding the gap... I love how creative she is... Thanks for looking.....

Good Morning,
 It is early here. Soon I hope to go to bed and I thought instead of laying there tossing and turning I would work on my blog. My sugar dropped to 58 earlier in the day and then again to 55 between 1 and 2 this morning. I want to sleep but am afraid that my sugar will drop again so I will stay up for a little longer and make sure that I am alright.
 I had a good dinner. I made German Stir Fry. It was filled with all kinds of veggies and smoked sausage. I am not sure why my sugar is dropping like this. I have had wonderful meals and enough carbs to keep me in balance but I am having to watch it closely. I am thinking that my insulin is working a little too well. I will discuss this with my Endocrinologist the next appointment. If it happens again I will call her to find out what she wants me to do.

  So my computer did the big Windows April Update...  I am not the only one it seems that complains, although I really do love the new features, but it takes so long to finish.  I was down for about 12 hours... part of that was me sleeping but it was worth it. 
 I love having everything at my finger tips and how I can go from one task to the other. It is nice and easy and it keeps track even if I forget. So I am done until they do the new Fall update. 

 So my daughter Karyn and I have plans for this weekend. We are going to fancy ourselves up and going down to the "Domain"... Whooo Hooo!
 She was treated to a night out with her group of friends and she wants to take me... 
 We are going to get an Uber and since she drives for them she will get a discount. There is a place she knows that we pay $11.00 each and can have Unlimited Mimosa's. 
 Since my limit is 2 (I am limited on drinking alcohol  to just 2 in an 8 hour time frame) I will savor mine... See I will be a good girl!
 Then we will just stroll around and just in case she gets snockered we will not have to worry about driving home... 
 I went to the gallery and snagged some pictures. These are from their website...

 They always have some kind of concert, play or comedians to entertain. I have been wanting to go since they opened up. They also have street vendors as well. 


Night view.... This place is really huge. I have been following it for 4 years now since they first opened. We never thought that we would go because it is pricy but Karyn found out that it is not all costly. Of course the stores are... they are in the HIGH Dollar range lol.



 They have a lot of fountains scattered around along with The Village which is luxury apartments orr Condos.... I am not sure if they even call them condos anymore. Most of them are now called Town Homes. Same difference... haha



 Isn't this a pretty setting? We are planning to leave here around 5:00pm and it should be cooling down a little by the time we eat and we can walk off some food and drink!

 Anyway so that is our plan. I hope that it doesn't fall thru. Never know what crazy things will happen.

 We had plans for Memorial Day to go to the cemetery and pay our respects to the Fallen Soldiers and support our military and our veterans. 
 We didn't go because the service was not in the morning or evening and we have been close to triple degree days here. 
 It was going to be really hot and no real shade and a lot of walking. Not that I mind walking as long as I can stop and take a rest and I don't mind walking if I can find some shade to rest in for a few minutes.
 So we stayed home and paid tribute here. Jonathan and I made a pizza for lunch. It was really good. We enjoyed it. 

 Not this weekend but the next we are volunteering at one of the animal shelters here. It is for kitty cats. They need to be socialized so they can be put up for adoption. I don't mind. A fur baby is a fur baby. Heck I used to help my ex husbands cousin who was baby sitting her daughter's  spider monkey. I wish I had pictures of that... That darn monkey was eating her alive. Her son was young and he opened the cage. She called me and I guess that since the monkey saw a kindred spirt of a animal lover no matter what the species, I walked around wearing that monkey. He attached to me and would not let go. He was dangled around my neck, across my shoulders and on my head. Every time I tried to put him back in his cage he would screech and hold on tighter. Thankfully her husband came in and wrestled him off me.... 

 Speaking of cats tho... I have a photo to share....



 This is me back a lot of years ago. Jonathan my son had just graduated high school in the spring and decided to go to a trade school college in Phoenix Arizona. 
 My husband was a truck driver and we along with the parents of the boy that let out the monkey, we all went together. Jonathan and Alan rode with his parents and I rode with my husband in the semi.
 We had dropped off Jonathan, got him settled and then we had to leave because a trucker always has a load to deliver or one to pick up.
 This was taken at The Tiger Truck Stop. 

 The cat is just a baby. I paid $10.00 dollars to have my picture taken with this cat. His attachment to me was extremely real. From the minute that I walked into the cage he was all over me. You cannot tell in this picture but I was actually trying to get out of the cage. My 10 minutes were UP... but he didn't think so. 
 He would even put his teeth on my wrist and hold... and tighten slightly if and when I moved. I was his prey.... 
 The poor lady behind me was waiting so patiently but by the time that I finally exited the cage he was royally ticked off and he let everyone know it to. They had to give the woman back her money because he would not let her in the cage. 
 The manger told my husband and I that he had never reacted like he did with me. 
 So you can see why I am such a fan of animals and they love me too. I really believe that they react to something deep in my soul. 

 When our house was flooded my boyfriend and I went around gathering up as many animals as we could. When you live in a very tiny rural area then no one chains their dogs. Most of them are farm animals. They are used for various reasons and so they mainly stay on their property as they were trained to do.
 Anyway back to the flood. We shared our home with about 5 dogs... Big dogs, stinky dogs from the flood waters. My backed ached for a month after bathing them. 
 We were very glad when the owners came to collect them. We put big signs up at the post office and local store and city hall and other places. One thing we was really running low on was dog food. Our local store and hardware store was running out and we were cut off in every direction well over a week, closer to two weeks. 
 Plus buying huge bags of dog food was not cheap but we made it thru. God supplied that extra few dollars for a bag of feed when we thought that they were down to their last meal. 
 Since we lived in the Rice Capital of the World, one thing I had was rice. I took advantage of all that rice that was given to us. I started boiling it by the one pound bag and adding a scoop to their food to make it go farther...

 Anyway I am finally getting tired so I will say goodbye for now. Have an awesome Wednesday and take care of yourselves.... BB

 P.S. After this was published my link turned from blue to gray but I tested it and it still works... I hope it works for you if your interested... BB



No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...