Saturday, May 26, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend



 My friend Kim. The kit is a freebie from one of my friends who is now designing her own kits now. I am so proud of Kim... she is as outgoing as she is pretty but suffers horribly with Fibromyalgia.. It is such a hard disease to have. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful support group.

 Hello and Welcome to Sunday,

 I have  been resting some this evening, but not ready to call it a night just yet. It is 12:28 am here... So Sunday is being welcomed in by me. It is Memorial Day weekend. I pray for the fallen, the active military personnel and for the those that have fought the fight and have lived.
 May the red poppies flow... You will not be forgotten.

 Today I have been on the computer a lot longer than I have thought that I would. I have had terrible neck spasms so it was really painful. I stayed off of the computer for a while and the spasms went away for the most part.
 But this afternoon they returned but I miss my computer time. I broke it up all thru the day so I will continue to try and get back into my routine.

 Well can you believe that we have a Tropical Storm in the Gulf Of Mexico??  It's not even Hurricane season yet. That will be June 1st and already this storm can actually become a Category 1 by the time that it makes landfall on Monday. Anywhere from Florida, Alabama and Mississippi. Of course Louisiana is also in the path. New Orleans could see a lot of damage since it is so low ground.

 No one wants to see it coming. Poor people are still recovering from last year and Puerto Rico is still without power in a lot of places. 
 Houston is still not doing well. We had a Relief Drive last weekend. They were taking anything useable. I donated dishes we don't use anymore. I also donated books and magazines, A new pack of pens and some spiral notebooks, some clothes and some other things.
 It feels good to help out others. I have been right where these people are. I lost everything once and was so grateful for the help I received from others. I think that I was about 13 when a tornado destroyed our home and then again in 2011 in a flood...perhaps that was 2012. Some where around that time. 

 I am in a Fibromyalgia support group. This is not a group to lament all your illnesses. The purpose is to fellowship and share as much positive things that you can. 
 As with any illness, sometimes we really feel isolated. No one wants to hear a bunch of complaining. I don't and I know others don't want to hear it. I try not to say too much. Just my close friends know what is going on with me. I have been battling some depression. 
 Sometimes I withdraw and deal with it in my own way. I have learned a lot about how to work thru it. The key is to allow the person time to work thru it. I will ask if I need help. I do a lot of coloring and writing in my journal and I listen to music and I have my little comforts. 
 My sister's, two of them do not understand. They say it is all in my head or I could work thru it if I really want to.
 I would be a rich old girl if I had a nickel every time that I have heard that I would never have to worry about money. 

 Dang it, I am going to have to go.... My computer is trying to do a update... 
 Take care to everyone..... BB

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...