Saturday, June 20, 2020

Saturday Evening Post



A Scrappage I made for my daughter Karyn in 2015 when she went to Puerto Rico

Hello,
 It is Saturday evening and a very hot evening. It's a bit muggy and the mosquitoes tried to carry me away. Even my little hand held mosquito zapper was no match for those blood suckers.
 Tomorrow is supposed to be 4 degrees hotter and that will put us at 99 degrees. Our poor A/C has been gasping all day lol and running non stop until around midnight and it finally catches a break lol.

 Not much going on here. We have been busy doing nothing today. I slept a bit today because last night Matthew, Jonathan and I went to get a bite to eat and my son Matthew took our drink cups to get our drink and I was following him and fell. 
 My left shoulder, leg and hip hit a counter going down and I know I rolled because I rememer trying to protect my head so the right side and arm hit the concrete floor. Thankfully nothing was broken other than my pride. 
 But I am sore as hell all over. It could have been worse tho because I could have broke something.
 I didn't have my walker. It had jammed when I tried to use it Thursday so I called the company and left a voice message but no one returned my call.
 Miss Edna thank you for suggesting that I call my insurance. I will do that Monday. I need to call them anyway to check on this insulin infusion pump and also to place an order for a blood pressure cuff and a few other things over the counter. I like that I can order what I need and Walmart will deliver it all to my front door.

 Speaking of doors the boys have been packing away everything in the house. I might have a new door in a few months.
 We are in combat battle with cockroaches and everything that we have been using is not working to kill all of them. We are cleaning up dead ones but there are thousands more that are under the house and yard and in the house and Jonathan and Nathan said that we are looking for another place to live. Possibly a house and I am in complete agreement as I also know the battle that we are fighting is useless. 
 So I have my fingers crossed that we can find a nice house somewhere that has a great big back yard where Olly can run and play.

 I signed up for Kindle Unlimited and have been enjoying reading. Before the pandemic lock down I would not have really looked to e-books but since I have not been able to go to the library I finally gave in.
 I started reading just the free ones that were with my Amazon Prime but I got caught up in one of the series and the last 3 of the books were ones I would have to purchase and just one book cost more than the unlimited each month so I went ahead and decided to join and I have really enjoyed it so far.
 A little while ago I went to see what was offered and I found a book that I might enjoy. I think that I am going to start a book journal. At least keep a list of the books that I have read and maybe aing small description of each.
 I had the same teacher for 5 years. The last year of junior high and all 4 years of high school.
 She was awesome and I loved being her student. I went to a very small school. My graduating class was very small. Less than 20 students. I dropped out before graduating however. I had gotten married and if we were married we couldn't continue going to school.
 Isn't that the most ridiculous thing you ever heard of? Well up there with the most ridiculous things anyway.
 I knew it was policy but I was naïve enough to think that I could talk my way through it. The joke was on me. 
 I either had to drop out or be expelled for the rest of the year so I dropped out.

 Still I look upon those 5 years as the best years of my education along with a few years in middle school where I went to a very large school. Going from a huge school to a small town public school was a shock. It was a total culture shock.

 My granddaughter Celeste called me a little while on video chat and we talked for at least 2 hours. She loves playing with the little characters. I love them all but the dragon and the unicorn is my favorites. 
 She has such a great imagination. Celeste is the granddaughter that I went to see in Reno Nevada in October. 
 I wanted to go spend the 4th of July with her but am just not up to the trip and actually I am not comfortable with being closed up on a plane even with wearing masks. 
 Those masks are not that comfortable to wear after a while of wearing them and I am not sure that they can actually social distance on a plane. Some of those planes are small to begin with and the 6 foot rule for social distancing would mean only 1 person each isle by the window and what about the people in the front row ahead of you and behind you? 
 It doesn't seem like that would really work but I don't know. I haven't talked to anyone that has flown lately. 

 It is later than I thought and is now Sunday morning. Happy Father's Day to any dads out there. Have a wonderful day and to all Son's and Daughters, if you still have your dad make sure to give him a call and wish him a great day and say I Love You... 
 I will be wishing my dad in heaven a Happy Father's Day.

 Have a wonderful day everyone and take care of yourself. BB













1 comment:

  1. I hope the insurance people get your walker fixed real soon. You really need it before walking outside. Is there a medical supply place nearby? Maybe they would be able to fix the walker? Just a thought. I called you yesterday, but you nmst have been napping. I'll try again later. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...