Monday, June 21, 2021

My Son Nathan And Other Crazy Happenings

I forgot that I had experimented with this kind of art a few years ago. This is not my work but it and others like it has been inspiration for a lot of my pages in the past. I am going to be trying to get back into my scrapbooking soon but right now I am having some problems with my old computer not coming on that has some of my newer kits for my scrapbooking program and I really need to find out what is going on with it because this laptop does not like any of my kits or the scrapbooking program that I use and I thought that I had everything backed up but I guess that is what I get for thinking because I cannot find the newer kits I had backed up. 

 Courtney is going to help me when things settle down just a little bit more if that is ever. But she did fix my phone so that my photos will now be synced to my Google photos and I have started working on my albums.

Hello,

 I have been trying to get over to blog for the last week or so but things have just been really crazy around here. 

 I think that I told you all that last week Courtney had a family friend from Utah come over and spend almost a week with us.

 His name is Randy. He is Courtney's older sister Heathers biological father. He goes to California every year for Heathers daughters (His granddaughters) birthday. On the way back to Utah he stops in to visit Courtney and her brothers. This past weekend was really busy because Courtney's mom and sister came Friday night and stayed until Tuesday morning. Randy left Monday morning.

 I asked Courtney if it felt weird for her mom to spend a long weekend with her ex-husband here. Courtney said no, that they all get along fine, which they all did, so I guess that they worked out the dynamics of families a long time ago.

 My son Nathan flew in also towards the end of the week. He went to school just outside of Reno in a town called Sparks Nevada. He and Matthew both went to the same school. Well Nathan's best friends name is Paul and he is a manager of a Truck Stop in Fernley. 

 Paul is a direct descendent of their Tribal Chief and his grandmother passed away last year and Paul told Nathan that he could live in his grandmothers house that is next door to his house so that is convenient and Nathan can go to work at the truck stop. The pay is what he was making in Austin and Paul told Nathan that the house needs work so Nathan will work on the house also.

 Nathan and Paul are wanting to take HVAC classes and then they can get a lot of hands on training and re-wire both of the houses. Right now they only have fans to help keep them cool. Nathan bought a 110 window unit the other day and just has to install it. The nights are really nice and cool here right now so that is a plus but during the day, fans are just not enough.

 So Nathan is living on the reservation in Wadsworth. Yeah I know... the names of some of these places are really crazy. Nathan spent most of his free time with Paul and his family while they were in school except for Christmas. Nathan came home for 3 weeks Christmas every year. 

 One year my boyfriend and I went to see my daughter Laurie and we had a really nice A-Frame camper and we camped at San Bernardino National park in California and then on our way back home we decided to stay a few days at Pyramid Lake. It was only about 45 miles from the school where Nathan was and it was a long weekend. I called his counselor and made arrangements to come and pick Nathan up and I wanted it to be a surprise and so I asked his counselor to not let him sign out for the weekend so that I could come and get him.

 Well as usual things never go as planned. When I got to the school I pulled over and called him and when he answered I said "Hey, what are you doing?" Nathan replied "I'm walking to the car. Stay where you are and I will be there in 2 minutes." 

 Awww how did he know I was there? Well his counselor had to leave early and so he told Security that Nathan Reed's mother would be there around 4:00pm to sign him out for the weekend and Security sent a note to Nathan's workshop director telling him to tell Nathan that his mom was picking him up and to get what he needed from his dorm because they were locking it up for the long weekend. So Nathan was dismissed from his last class of the day and went to the dorm to pack what he wanted to bring with him and then he went out front to wait on me. I still had to go to the Security post and sign Nathan out and then we were as Nathan put it... Outta there lol.

 We had a great weekend. Nathan was pretty exhausted and we had a great camping spot and we also had free cable and so Nathan just watched a lot of movies and slept some. I was tired from all of the driving so I enjoyed the down time as well. I took Nathan back to school on Tuesday and my boyfriend and I took the long way back home. We chose to go home by Route 66 and let me tell you that was one scary drive pulling a camper behind me on some of those hair pin curves but after I made it to our destination I was so glad that I got to experience it.

 We ate at a little cafe where dollar bills covered the walls, ceilings, doors and we also went to the hotel and saw the room where Clark Gable and Carole Lombard spent their wedding night. By todays standards the room was/is a dump. The bed looked very lumpy but they did have a telephone, a wash basin and water pitcher, a small pretty lamp next to the bed and if I recall some kind of rug. 

 Anyway I asked Nathan to call me when his plane landed and he did call me. He asked for my address and his friend Paul brought him to see me. Celeste was ecstatic and she was not about to let her Uncle Nate out of her sight for a single second but she did give in and let him use the bathroom but as soon as he was done she was standing before him with her arms UP and Ready for her Uncle Nate. It was the first time that I got to meet Paul. I have talked to him lots of times on the phone and on Messenger but in all of the years that he and Nathan have known one another this was the first time that I actually got to meet him. They stayed about an hour and then headed back so that Paul could get ready to go to work.

 So Matthew was going to Austin to pick up a load and scoop up Nathan while he was there and bring him out to Reno but Matthew was worried about his weight and so he took one of Nathans huge duffle bags, his amplifier and his guitar and Nathan decided to fly to Reno. It turned out to be kind of a good thing in the long run because Matthew didn't get a load to Reno after all. He ended up going to Portland Oregon and then to Washington State. I might have that backwards but it doesn't matter really. Courtney's brother picked Nathan up yesterday and drove him to Boise Idaho to get his things off of Matts truck. It was the first time that Bryan and Nathan had ever met and they seemed to hit it off great. Boise is only 6 and a half hours from here but Matt was going to put Nathan and Bryan up in a motel but Bryan wanted to get on back home because he wanted to be here with the kids for Father's Day. Yeah well that didn't go as planned. I will get to that in a little bit. But for now... 

 Last night while Bryan and Nathan was on their way back to Reno, Megan and the kids came over and we put a movie on for the kids and we sat outside enjoying the beautiful orange moon and cool breeze and then the when the movie was over we put the kids down to bed and we decided to have a girls night out.

 Courtney has not had anything stronger to drink than a beer in a couple of years. Megan went home and got a bottle of Southern Comfort Whiskey and I had my trusty Margaritas.

 Then we had music, laughter and Courtney read our horoscopes and we had more laughter. Megan called Bryan to check on him and Nathan called me to say that Bryan had just dropped him off and was on his way to Reno. 

 We went thru our playlists to play some songs and Courtney went inside to check on the kids and when she came out she was like... Oh My Song and she and Megan started singing and dancing and they looked so cute both of them more than Tipsy and I decided to video them... I can't figure out how to share it here so I will have to have Megan or Courtney show me how to do it. I have it saved in my videos but I am probably doing something wrong. Oh we had soooo much fun. I sent the video to Matt this morning and he laughed his butt off. He said you girls are terrible. Here I am out here working my ass off and y'all are getting wasted. I said... Not me. It takes more than 2 puny margaritas to get me wasted. Tipsy maybe but not wasted. Now Megan had to go to work with a hangover this morning and Courtney said, "Now I remember why I don't drink hard liquor." lol. I really wanted to put that video in this blog. I may just have to do it next time.

 Today was not a good day as far as the kids go or as Nana or the parents go. In fact it was one of those days that I ended up short tempered and all of the kids saw a side of Nana that they had never seen before.

 Not one of them minded. They tore the room up multiple times. Gunner the 3 year old was one of the worse. Not once but twice he tried to stick his fingers into the box fan. I saved his fingers TWICE today and finally I told him..... "You know what little boy? I am not stopping you from this second forward. If you don't want your fingers then go ahead and stick them in the damn fan and let them get cut off. I don't care any more." Well lets just say that I think he learned a valuable lesson because I didn't stop him the third time and he screamed and screamed and screamed. He didn't stick his fingers far enough in there but far enough that it scared him more than anything. I let his mama and daddy handle it. I told Megan I was going outside and have a cigarette and when he stopped screaming I would be back in. He still has all fingers but I bet he won't be doing that again.

 Earlier in the day the kids dumped out all of the toys and we were making them all clean them back up. Well Celeste comes in with her silver unicorn head band and wanted it put away so it didn't get broke. Courtney was busy so I took the head band and put it on Celeste's dresser. Far back on her dresser and I showed Celeste where I put it. When I went back in to check and see if they had the room picked back up the sheet and comforter to my bed was pulled off into the floor and I reached down to pick them up and stepped on the unicorn head band. I asked who got it down and well we have a Not Me ghost living here. No one would confess, and I said well the only way that it could have gotten down was if someone climbed up on something and got it down. Still they swore that they didn't do it so I lined everyone of them up against the wall with their hands behind their backs and they hate that with a passion and Emma especially hates it so she confessed with in 5 minutes but the problem with her confession was that she couldn't tell me how she got it down. She was going to confess just to get out of standing on the wall so she ended up with extra time which made her start bawling which in turn woke up the 2 year old so they stood there a good 45 minutes before Lily confessed that she and Celeste climbed up on the handles of the dresser and got the head band down. Oh Celeste was pissed that Lily ratted her out too. So I gave each one a potty break and a drink of water. I told them that they had better drink as much as they wanted because I wasn't going to play the I'm thirsty game. That is where they just drink a tiny sip and keep going back every 5 minutes because they are thirsty. Nope Nana doesn't play that game.  So they each got to potty and have a drink and then they got to sit on the sofa until lunch was ready and then they had to sit back on the sofa until nap time. Celeste never takes a nap but she was the first one to say that she was tired. Yeah she was tired alright. She and Lily were on the top bunk just having a grand old time until I went to check on them and I made Lily get down off of the top and she kept saying but my mom said I could and I said I don't care what your mom said, get your butt down from there and lay down on my bed now. When I went back in again, Celeste was leaning over the top rail talking to Lily so I made Celeste leave the room entirely and she thought that she was going to get her tablet and she got all nice and comfortable and I said.. Hand it over. She started crying and I said... If you want it back any time this week then you better dry it up little girl. You know me well enough to know that your crying does not phase me. In fact it makes me mad to see you just bust out crying when you do not get your way.  

 So I couldn't figure out exactly what kind of punishment to give Celeste and Lily for lying to me about the head band so Celeste usually gets a little extra time on her tablet at night. I told Courtney I didn't think that she deserved the extra time for lying to me and Courtney agreed. Well she thought that her mama wouldn't agree with me so she was in for a surprise when her mama told her to get her pajamas on, her teeth brushed and her hair brushed and get in bed, Courtney followed up to tell her good night and what was Miss Celeste doing? She was watching tv. The tv went off and the water works started but not for long. She knew that she was still in trouble and big trouble for lying to me.

 And Miss Lily got into trouble more than for her part in the head band fiasco and had to do without her dinner tonight. She didn't know that her mom put her plate in her bag to take home tonight but just the thought of not getting dinner and having to watch the other kids eat while she sat on the sofa was hard but her mom and dad made that decision over something that happened earlier and the last time that they had to clean the in the day because I did lay down on the sofa and nap for about a half hour or so and Courtney said that it took over 2 hours for them to clean that room back up yet again... they were busy playing. That might have been why Lily was in trouble with her mom and dad. I don't know because I did sleep for a little while.

 It was a long hard day and I told Courtney that I was happy that tomorrow was a work day for her and I would just have Celeste to take care of. I am too old to take care of 4 other kids. They wore me out. 

 Speaking of wearing me out, I am very tired. I am passed exhausted so I am going to go to bed. I have to be ready for a doctors appt. early so I am going to say good night now and you all thanks so much for listening to me moan and groan and whine.  Have a wonderful evening/day... Until next time... BB





 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It doesn't sound like a fun time to me. I can't do a group of noisy kids anymore. I don't think I could have sent the little one to bed with no supper. If I did, I wouldn't be able to sleep all night worrying about it.

    I hope you are feeling more rested today. I'll give you a call later, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cracks me up that Clark Gable and Carole Lombard's motel room has been preserved! I'm glad that boy still has his fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...