Saturday, June 26, 2021

Is It Really The Weekend??


 More art from my album Blog Inspirations. I totally forgot all about this album and when Courtney fixed my photos and I started making my albums I came across this one and I decided to use some of these pictures until I get back to scrapbooking full time. 

 I have some wonderful photos but I promised Courtney that I wouldn't put any photos of Celeste online. It is a long story but it is for safety reasons and as a parent I cannot say that I blame her. 

 It is always wonderful to see pictures of our kids, how much they have grown, the cute things that they do and the fun pics but since I realize the danger that these innocent photos can put our kids in, I wish more parents wouldn't display so much of their children's activities online. 

 I made some English Pea Salad the other day and Celeste was sitting on the counter so she could stir the ingredients and it was so funny to watch her because she asked for a spoon and she just reached in and loaded up her spoon and took a bite right out of the big bowl. Needless to say she loved my pea salad and I sent photos I took of her to her daddy, her Aunty Karyn and both of her uncles and her mama. I realized that I can send pics to who I wanted to in our family. I didn't have to display them all on Facebook, Instagram and so forth. I know that even my photos can be hacked but I feel more comfortable doing this than splashing them all over the internet. 

 It is 4 in the morning and I am still awake. But no one has a set bedtime on the weekends. I am usually asleep by now but nothing ever goes according to plans. I should just stop trying to plan things and just take things as they come rather than trying to plan something.

Weekend before last we had a house full of company. Randy from Salt Lake City Utah was here and then Courtney's mom and sister from Colorado.

 I know that Denise and Cecile wanted to spend time with all of the grandkids but in my opinion it would have been easier if they had gone over to her son's house but no, everyone came here. It was really a mad house. Courtney had to work the last day they were here so it was hard trying to keep the kids quiet while she worked. Denise has a doctor here and asked me if I could watch the kids for about 45 minutes. I said sure no problem but her daughter Cecile decided to drive her to her appointment and they took the kids with them. That just left me, Celeste and Randy here and by the time that they got back and we had lunch (Denise brought back burgers) and the kids played. The day before on Sunday we had the birthday party for Lily and Brayden and we did not do a party and a meal like we had done before. It was sort of a let's see what we have in the fridge. I had made a huge pot of vegetable beef soup and we had chicken and cheese enchiladas and lots of sandwich fixings plus a huge Chef salad so no one was going to go hungry. 

 The next weekend Courtney and her sister in law Megan and I had a girls night out. We put a movie on for the kids and we sat outside. I am not sure what to call the space that we sit at. It isn't really a balcony but it isn't a patio either. It is a nice little area that overlooks the parking lot, the park and the front of the exit gate. Whatever it is we do have a beautiful view of the mountains. 

 The night of our girls night out we just put the kids down for bed and they spent the night. Megan and Bryan Lily, Gunner, Luke and Emma were up with the birds, and I forgot to add Celeste in the list as well. Celeste is pretty self sufficient. She can get her own breakfast and juice so no worries there, but the other kids are not able to get their own unless it is something like a pop tart or something similar and Celeste will help with that.

 The rest of the week was not a easy one and Courtney described it as the week from HELL. She had some of the rudest customers that yelled at her for the most part and one call lasted over a hour and a half. Courtney missed her entire lunch break day before yesterday. 

 She got her lunch break and one of her breaks today but missed one completely and I called Matt today (Yesterday) and he asked if she was ok and I said yes but was working and didn't come out for her break so she must have been on a difficult call. He said that she usually texted him during her breaks but he didn't hear from her. She called him when she got off work because her dad had eye surgery yesterday and she was texting her mom because something didn't go right with his surgery and he was having a follow up. 2 years ago her had had a complete eyeball transplant and he developed a cataract but something else had gone wrong and he may lose that eye. So Courtney was trying to understand what the doctor was saying to her dad. Matt understood so they are good.

 This is basically a recap of my last blog and I really wanted to blog about something else but I am really too tired to go into it so I will save it for my next post which I will try and do tomorrow or later tonight depending on if I get any sleep. 

 I will be getting a eye injection on Monday so I will have to blog tonight or tomorrow. It will take a few days to get my sight back so I will talk to you tomorrow... Be safe and Be kind to one another and take care of yourselves.... BB

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is really a zoo there! I can't handle chaos and lots of activity anymore. I guess I'm just too old. It does sound like your "girls night out" was very nice. Audrey and her friends do this every other week. (get together and enjoy hobbies, etc.) I don't believe in splashing childrens' photos and information all over the web either. For safety reasons.

    It's hot here this week, temps in the nineties. Looks like another "indoor" week. Ah well, I do have lots of crocheting to work on. You have a good day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of activity! I hope your eye procedure goes OK! I never publish pictures of children in my family either -- my brother has basically prohibited it for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...