Friday, December 21, 2018

Merry Christmas!



This page is made with the latest free kit from Rosie H... (Private Group). It is called "Christmas Is For The Birds"

Hello,
 Well Christmas is almost here. I can't believe that it is so close already. The days are getting closer!
 I have some photos to share. So I hope that you enjoy them.


A work in progress. Karyn started decorating the tree. When we opened the box we found that there was no tree stand. Well the tree was just a dollar so she didn't really lose anything. It is a 6 foot tree and see the green ceramic vase in the bottom? She improvised with some cardboard and made a tree stand.
 We had to put it up against the wall to stand but it is still close enough to see it from the outside window. She just got the lights on. What a mess. I picked up the lights and when we got home discovered that they were not a string of lights. They were a net. I wanted to take them back but Karyn was not wanting to make another trip back and said she would get them to work and she did. 
 We took the top of the tree off and draped them down the bottom, put the top back on and pulled them up and worked them inside of the branches.
 The good thing about this is when we store it next year we can leave the lights  on and just fold up the branches to go back into the box. We don't have to take all of the branches off. They just fold upright!



Ok so this is the finished product... Now the boys and I agreed not to buy presents for each other before we even moved into the house. We decided that we would buy something we needed for the house and so Hello Washer and Dryer... But I do have presents under the tree.. They just are not visible in this photo... But remember the little green vase the tree is standing in? Yeah... Karyn put this pack of little wrapped gift packages (they were ornaments for the tree) inside the little green vase... snickering she said.. Mama no one can say you don't have any presents under the tree... hahaha... lol.



Karyn put out a few other things in the living room. I had told her to go for it. I was going to do something else but I changed my mind since I really had and still have to finish unpacking things we need that are still packed away. I am working on a box a day. Or was until I sort of twisted my ankle yesterday. Not bad but enough that it hurts if I stand on it for longer than 5 to 10 minutes at a time. So I just left the decorating to Karyn.

 I also have some other photos to share of the house. These are of the day we were moving in.






They are pretty bare. We still didn't have all of the apartment packed up so I was just basically emptying out boxes so the boys could take them back and pack up some other things.
 I had to be here to await for the gas man to come and turn on the gas for us. I know by the end of the first day/night we were all 3 awaiting for hot water so we could shower. 




Our bathroom is not really big but it is big enough. to the left of the vanity we have 2 closet shelves at the very top is great to store things we don't need at the very moment. They are large and deep.
 Under that cabinet is another one that has 3 shelves that are great for our personal items. Nathan has the top shelf because he is the tallest of the three of us and Jonathan the middle and since I am the shortest I have the bottom. They are the same size as the upper cabinet so they have a lot of room.
 Under that cabinet is a clothes hamper.
 I am not sure if you can tell but the walls are painted a really pretty medium gray with white crown molding. We have new vanity, hardware, tub (With my handheld shower) and new water saving toilet. She also sent her handyman over to install a new towel rack just for me.
 The shower curtain she had here I took down and refolded and gave it back to her since Jonathan had just bought a brand new one for us. I wanted to keep it as she gave it to me, but I knew that Jonathan wanted to use the one he bought because it went well with the new towels he got for us. And I knew she would need hers back for another property, so I told her I had it for her. 

This is all of the yard and the front and side of the house in the next photos. 










Well you can see all of the leaves, the front part of our patio where all of the leaves are bagged up and ready to go out next Thursday. We didn't put them out Thursday before last because it was raining and the paper sacks would not have held up so they are sitting in the garage waiting for next week as long as it is not raining. So many leaves. The front yard gets raked this weekend...

You can see the areas before the racking and after. I think every tree was giving us their leaves in welcoming... lol.

Then there are some photos of the front and side yard. I had to fix Jonathans blinds for him. He had no idea how they worked and the photo from the outside makes his window stand out oddly lol. 
The bushes are blooming. One is small red roses. I am not sure if they are tea roses, mini rose bush or a wild rose but it is so pretty and they are still blooming here in December. I will be scattering wildflowers in the side yard and plant something around the tree stump.

 The fence really needs painting but we may not paint it because it is weathered wood so we may just leave it. She doesn't own the other property on the other side of the long fence that separates
us so the paint might leak onto the other side of the fence and then that side would need painting. It isn't bothering us right now. We have a lot of other things to do first.

 The photo of the bags, right behind them is a small area I will use for my herb garden. I have been giving this area a lot of thought and I have pretty much decided to grow my herbs in pots so I can move them in out of bad weather or when it gets cold. Herbs will grow in a window sill so I have places for them.

 Here are some pictures of my bedroom. I have 2 very large windows in my room that gets a nice bit of sunlight.




So this is my room... My bed is just under the window of the bottom photo. All bedrooms and the living room has ceiling fans and Jonathan's room and mine have 2 windows and Nathan's room has 1 large one facing the outside of the front. Jonathans faces the side and front and mine faces the side and the back yard. The living room has 2 large windows in the front and in the kitchen is a glass sliding door going out to the patio. 
 The garage also has a back door going to the back. And... No carpet. We have weathered wooden floor slats. 
 Oh and the blinds... I just put my had under the center of the blinds and lift up. Pull down from the center and to open and close just takes a flick of the hand.

 Can you tell I love it here??? Oh I really do! I have lots of birds, I have my bats here. I have very nice views of the moon and that is just outside.
 The inside is nice too. It looked so tiny when we came to see it and I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough room but we have more than plenty of room. We have the garage for storage and a front closet so all is good. The kitchen does need a bit more cabinet's but we are going to get a metal utility shelf  for the garage and my pots and pans  dishes I don't use all of the time can go out there. 

 So that is all that I have to share tonight. Tomorrow I will share about the Christmas trees out on the loop of 360 and the stories of what I know about them.

 Until then.... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...