Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Oh My December! Where Did You Come From?


 Wow,
 It is December and I am still behind, I need to go back about 6 months and catch up with everything....

 This is a page I made for my Nephew Eddie and his lovely bride of (Not sure how many years now) Amy. I loved this photo she posted onto Facebook. It was a rare night out for Mom and Dad to be an actual couple. They went to a Christmas party and I was so happy for them to be able to get out there and just have fun... WTG Eddie and Amy... Get a sitter more often!

 So much has happened and yet not all that much at the same time. How can that be? LOL it just is. First of all we have moved!
 Yes no more apartment living. Now we have a 3 bedroom duplex. It is different than most duplex's in the layout. There is a block of 4 duplex's. Mine and one next to me separated by a garage so we don't have to hear our neighbor next to us and the two across the street is built the same way.
 I have met 2 of my neighbors and will meet the other family sometime soon.
 They are at work when I wake up and home later on in the evening and have children so they need to have family time.
 However I did meet the lady diagonally from me. I found out that the family across from me and next to her are her daughter, husband and grandchildren.
 The lady next to me is single and she works varied hours and I rarely see her come in or out but I love just sitting outside and I hear her in her own back yard in the evenings and weekends.

 I love our new house. It is simple, older and set into a really nice neighborhood. It also reminds me a lot of my first house when I lived in Nevada and I think that has a lot to do with how we feel about this house.
 Nathan was the first to point it out but I was thinking it as he said it. We had a 20x20 deck on that house that my boyfriend and the boys built and our back yard is not quiet that big but it is longer in length. Of course the yard in Nevada was huge but this one is just right.
 I have been planning my landscaping. Of course that is what I sit outside and daydream about. I have decided on Fire Cracker sun flowers....

This is the firecracker sunflower. Isn't it beautiful? It is also a dwarf so it will not grow overly tall but I will add some regular sunflowers in the back of these.
 They will go into the end of the back yard and across the fence line.

 I am also going to plant two different types of butterfly bushes....

This one is named Miss Molly..... It will grow really well but take up width so I will have to space this one. I wanted 3 but have decided on just having 2 of Miss Molly and in the spaces I will plant this kind of butterfly bush.....

This one is one of my very favorite. The Kaleidoscope..... I just love this one and believe it or not so do the bees.... So these will be planted at the far back of the yard. 

 And of course Snapdragons. I totally love Snapdragons. I prefer the tall ones but have better luck with the dwarfs. Then of course petunias. The more you pinch those the more they bloom, so I have lots of luck with my petunias.

 Jonathan asked if we could use one side of the concrete porch for strawberries and I had to burst his bubble... Uh No... Strawberries are great but I am not a fan of the tarantula. Tarantula and strawberries go hand in hand. They are not poisonous, but if you get to close to their strawberries they will bite. Usually it takes several years to attract them but I have seen a few in the first year patch.  Mostly they stay in the desert areas (the big ones) and love Arizona... but Texas this close to the Southern Border have them as well. Just not in abundance but since we have sandy soil the conditions are ripe for them most of the time.
 But I will compromise... I am going to order the hanging pot of strawberries. Just for him... it is a surprise.  

 One other thing that I love about my house is my bedroom. Located at the back and side of our home every night when I go to bed I hear a sound that lulls me to sleep and throws me back to a summer that my family spent in Marshall Texas not far from Shreveport Louisiana.
 My dad was working construction and he rented a 2 bedroom trailer house. Back then we did not stay indoors all day in front of the tv. We played outside. 
 The days were hot and long. Shade trees were not plentiful where we were located and neighbors were not close so we were a bit isolated but we could walk to a small store, go swimming at the small pool, get an ice-cream from Dairy Queen and my dads boss had 3 girls around our age not to far away from us.
 This trailer had a small alcove and a twin bed. The second bedroom had bunkbeds. I was the oldest and assigned the top bunk because my parents were afraid the other 2 would fall off. What happened was my 2 younger sisters ended up sleeping on the bottom bunk because the youngest was afraid to sleep by herself even tho we could probably reach out and touch her lol.
 So I ended up in the alcove and I loved it. At night we usually kept the windows open until it got really hot but I can remember loving that small bed and the window where I could actually look out at the stars.

 Early mornings I would wake up with my mom and dad. I would hear mama opening the door and letting our dog Rontu outside. Rontu was a Husky pure bred. We didn't have leash laws so he could roam around.  Daddy would call for him and let him back inside and go to work because Rontu would try and chase him to ride. He loved to ride.
 I was usually up by this time and as soon as daddy left mama and I would go and set on the small steps and watch the train go by. It got to the point that we knew the train schedule and sunrise was coming. We would sit there and count the train cars.... I have seen a lot of trains that had a lot of cars but I still think that those trains had the most. 
 I would go to sleep at night looking at the stars and waiting to hear the train whistle blow.... I would fall asleep listening to the clack clack clack of the train.....

 Here in our new house there is a train track not very far from us. I listen to the sound of the train whistle and the train going by. If I am lucky I do fall into sleep. It isn't close enough that I can hear the clacking but I have such great memories of that summer that it soothes me.

 It is now 7:00 am and I have to get my breakfast and insulin and start my day so I will close.... 
 Wishing you a wonderful day and will try to be back tomorrow.... I am not going to promise but I am going to try harder to sit down and blog something even if it is just a few lines.... Before I go I will share a couple of things I found online... BB








This one is really ME..... I found out that I am on the Naughty List on Facebook for Threatening to End Santa if he didn't bring me Lots of Chocolate.... LOL.... Have a wonderful day....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...