Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year 2019


Happy New Year!

I hope that this finds you doing well. I am better. We had some kind of a respiratory bug that hit us all pretty hard. Karyn is still really sick. I think that her illness has turned into bronchitis. She is not running fever anymore but she sounds as bad as I do. 
 Nathan went to the store just a little while ago and bought me some mints to suck on for my throat. I have some sugar free cough drops but they have something in them that makes me sick to my stomach so he got me a small package of mints so they seem to help.

 People are blasting their fire crackers and fireworks tonight. It is after midnight and they have been doing the fire crackers since before dark. It is time for them to put them away and go to bed lol.

 So I decided that I am going to do things differently with my blog. I am going to post photos of things of interest instead of a scrap page every day. I don't know what will come to mind but I thought that it would be fun to try things a little different. 

 I am on a mission to find old and interesting bottles so that I can use for things that I make. I have some great blends of teas that I like to make and I also would like small bottles for my moon water and so forth.

 I have a lot of privacy here at this house that I didn't have elsewhere that I have lived in the last several years so I can practice some new things, grow my herbs and charge my crystals and hold my rituals. Unless your looking over my 7 foot wooden fence your not going to see anything and if you are looking, your still not going to see much lol.

 I found a few photos of the types of bottles I am going to look for. I think when Karyn gets well we will go over to some of the thrift shops. They always have so much interesting things.

I know that I can probably find these kind of bottles at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, even JoAnn's. 
 When I was a kid we had all sorts of old bottles that things came in. I sure wish I had access to them now. But these with stoppers are pretty easy to find. I also have a few interesting canning jars but I don't want anything too big. I would rather have the smaller ones.


These are perfect for all sorts of uses. Here are a couple more....



I just love the fat round ones. I think that they are fun! And Fun makes me Happy....



I wanted to put this in... I was thinking that this would be a great way to gift my flower seeds to friends. I could write down the care instructions, manipulate the paper by adding tea or coffee water, wad it up a bit here and there and straighten it back out, include my seeds inside and fold in sections and then tie a dried flower like they have here. Or even a fresh flower or herbs. Anyway it looks like a neat little do it yourself project. 

 I am sorry this is rather short tonight but I am still trying to get over this bug and I have been up for several hours so I am going to close for now and try to sleep.

 Have a wonderful start for our New Year... Out with the old and in with the New... or so they say. I found something else to share... it is a new year so why not lol.....


I think that this sums it up pretty well.... I especially laughed at number 7.... That is me... Have a wonderful Tuesday. In our part of the world we eat Black Eyed Peas for New Year's day meal... For luck, health and prosperity. I had mine for our meal tonight. I will have more tomorrow.... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...