Saturday, December 22, 2018

One Day Closer

Kit from Bellisima Designs called Christmas Delights

https://digital-crea.fr/shop/index.php…
*
http://scrapfromfrance.fr/shop/index.php…
*
http://berryapplicious.com/store/index.php…
*
https://store.alldolledupstore.com/index.php… 



Hello,
 Are you being good? Are you on Santa's Naughty or Nice list? I am on the naughty list this year according to Santa but I will try to be better this coming year lol. 

 This new kit is from my friend Patsy. The image is a free one  from Caroline Blue. The rest of the embellishments are from Christmas Delights.

  I was sitting outside just a bit ago listening to the sounds of the neighbors behind us barbequing and playing music. I was also looking to see if I could see my bats and sure enough they made their nightly exodus. It is so amazing to watch them.
 People say how can you tell them from black birds? Well bats sort of flutter and they have a small point on their backside... like a small pointed tail. You can see birds wings as they fly in an up and down motion. Bat wings sort of flutter like an over grown butterfly. But they are fast!

 Jonathan has just left to take Nathan to work. By the time he gets home it will be almost time to go and pick him up. He just works from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm on Saturdays. Then tomorrow he will work an entire 12 hour shift. His work week will start all over again. So I get to have Nathan home most of Saturday.

 I promised you guys Christmas Tree photos. I am sorry that they are not very good. We were in the car and traffic was a nightmare and coming and going so I didn't get a chance to really get any good pictures.

 The story or I have been told is that this was started by one person. He wanted to decorate a tree so he found one on the loop here in Austin and he decorated it. He took a ladder and 3 large boxes of ornaments and made almost a hundred trips up and down the ladder. 
 Before he was even done there were people stopping and offering to help him and he said.... Go find a tree and decorate it. Come back after Christmas and clean up and take your decorations home so you have them for next year. 
 So that is how the tradition started back in the late 60's. 
 Since then people go out and they decorate a tree. Hospitals, schools, individuals, school groups such as FFA FHA and Bands, football teams, cheerleaders and others. 
 Some are simple and decorated with artwork from pre-schools and elementary and others from even Texas A&M. 

 My camera for some reason had a delay which caused some of my pictures to be delayed by a few seconds and that made me miss a whole lot of them. But Jonathan and I are going back one day this week and park along 360 so I can get some good photos. I will make sure my camera is in top working condition before I go tho... lol.














They have a tree that just cracks me up... It has big huge smiley faces with Google Eyes... then they have one with the M&M little men with arms and legs. 
 They also have one with stuffed animals, Santa hats, Rudolph horns, wreaths, candy canes, and some with lights. Others have the reflective tape made into ornaments so when your headlights hits the tree it lights up in orange, green and yellow. Awesome idea.  I am going online now and see if anyone has an update on it this year. Who knows, I might find a different story than the one that I was told.

Oh wow, I found a bunch of photos.... These trees are really a lot larger and taller than they look. I hope that you enjoy them. Mine are horrible in comparison, but again I was in a car going down the highway lol.










 Isn't this a cute idea? As long as people clean up it will be a great thing to continue and it must be working as this tradition started in the 60's so.... 
 I think that next year I would like to do this. I think that I will make mine with things that the birds and animals can eat so there will not be a lot of clean up to do. 
 I could make some peanut butter pinecones, and figure out some other things to go along with it. Peanuts for one. I will have to search this out and start putting a few things together. 

 News is running short here. The boys did help me today with the back yard. We loaded some more bags and I found 5 more so that will make 15 bags of leaves. Still have a pile in the back yard and the front and side yard hasn't been raked yet. 

 I believe that as soon as Jonathan gets home I am going to shower and call it a night and watch a movie. 

 Take care of yourself and have a wonderful Sunday! Before I go I thought that I would share a few funnies I found online... :)… BB

I really enjoyed this one....

I love beagles. They can just flop down anywhere and be happy. My Cisco was half beagle and he was such a wonderful laid back little man....


Have a good one!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...