Friday, May 14, 2021

A Cool Afternoon


 Hi,

 So I made it thru the last doctor appointment of the week and I am NOT going back to him again. I have a call in to my PCP to get a referral in to see a new pain doctor. So here is my complaint and don't you just love the fact that I just jump right in after a hello with a complaint? 

 So beware I am on a roll. Marijuana is legal here. When I say legal I mean you can buy it, roll it, vape it, put it in a pipe, a blunt, or stick it up your toes and smoke it if that is your fancy, but do not ever under any circumstances go to your pain doctor to see the person who works under your doctor for your pain meds.

 I was made out to feel that I was a Texas Druggie looking to score some pain pills or worse... that my pain is not real.... all in my head. 

 HE made me feel like a bug like a big bad ugly bug. I was almost ready to catch the next plane home to Texas just so I could go see my old doctor for a hug. (She gives the best hugs ever) and cry on her shoulder at the injustice of it all. But I got over that, got boiling mad and decided that either I will continue to see the doctor assigned to me and not his PCP or I will call the insurance company and make a huge complaint. 

 It all started over Tylenol. I have 3 out of 5 kids that cannot take Tylenol for various reasons. For Laurie and Karyn they get nauseated and vomit and for Jonathan he gets very dizzy and has actually passed out before. I told this man that I was uncomfortable with the amount of Tylenol in my medication and that I did not have it in my medication back home and he came unglued on me. He told me that there is no such thing as a drug interaction with Tylenol and that they were not going to change my meds and in fact he refused to fill them while I was there. 

 So I have a list going to tell my doctor and I also think that I am going to take a page out of Miss Edna's playbook and contact my insurance. Oh and he tried to tell me that my medical doctors have misdiagnosed me and so I don't think that this guy is qualified to diagnose a ant!

 Steve before I forget this... I am like you with the hereditary cholesterol. I got it from my mom's side and I just wanted to tell you that I am taking a injection twice a week that has cut it practically in half. It is called Repatha. I know that names of meds are different in the UK but if you want more information on it I will be happy to give it to you. The injections do not hurt and Courtney gives them to me every other Sunday. My endocrinologist told me about it and What??? No known side effects What??? and when I had my heart attack my cardiologist ordered it for me to be given before I was discharged. So far my labs are looking better than they have ever looked.

 My sleep pattern has been terrible. I have always had problems sleeping but this past week has been awful. I finally did go to bed last night and sleep a good deal of the night but I awoke several times during the night. I was just so hot.

 Courtney went to Walmart last night after she got off of work to pick up some of my refills and she also picked up another fan because we needed one for each bedroom and one in the living room. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on the Repatha. I'll look into it! Perhaps you should see the doctor rather than the PA, and talk to him/her about your concerns. The doctor should know that the PA is sending those judgmental vibes to his/her patients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steve, I actually called my primary doctor yesterday and she is sending me a new referral and on top of that she scheduled me a appointment with my doctor to tell him about how I was treated at my last appointment and etc. and yes please do check into the Repatha. I cannot believe how much it has helped me. Have a great weekend xxxxx

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about inconsiderate medical persons. Makes me wonder how they ever got their licenses. Good luck with the new referral. I'm meeting my new primary care doctor this week. I sure do hope I like her. Get some rest friend, and I'll call you later or tomorrow. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...