Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tuesday!!


 

Hello,

 This morning is fast leaving and lunch time is creeping up slowly. It is ok I guess. I am still not able to eat much at all but I did get my Bragg's apple cider vinegar late yesterday from Amazon and I had my first tsp in a little Pedialyte this morning. My stomach is still not doing feeling well and I had some soup last night and sad to say that I lost it about an hour later but one thing good happened  and that was that was I was able to sleep all night last night.

 I said goodnight to Matthew and I was afraid that he would be gone if I awoke during the night and of course when I got up this morning he was gone. I knew that he had to be at the shipper early this morning and he is heading to Portland Oregon and he is going to be heading into that winter storm so I called him and we chatted until he had to get off the phone and get ready to be loaded. He is hauling cases of water this trip. He brought in a shipment of Coke products Sunday. 

 So I am not sure what happened with my last post but it did not publish all of it. I have had that happen before but usually the entire post is lost, not just part of it but it is what it is and I also have some new notifications. As long as I can post then I am happy for the most part.

 We have been looking at houses but so far they are way out of our price range and Courtney contacted the office to see if any 3 bedrooms are coming open for rent where we are and there is one that might be coming open the end of June and it is on the first floor.

 I am having problems navigating the stairs. They are a beast for me and each time I have to use them I feel horrible pains in my legs and walking is extremely difficult.

 What I will miss about where I am now is the awesome view of the mountains from the balcony and the cool breezes late evenings and mornings. We have direct sunlight and a metal door and it is so hot that when we have to go in or out the heat sucks the breath right out of you. 

This isn't a great photo but Saturday we had snow on the mountains. This is actually Lake Tahoe from our balcony.

 
Packing will be hard and it is going to be a bit of a financial crunch, I think that it is so sad that apartments don't want to work with disabled people. I guess that if they rent to you at all then we should be lucky. I know that in Austin we were turned down several times because the units were not handicapped accessible, but we were lucky to be able to get first floor most of the time.

 Speaking of which, my kids are not finding anything right now that is renting or leasing, and Karyn and her guy are not even finding a house to buy that fits their needs. I have visions of my kids pitching a tent somewhere but Karyn assures me that they will go to a motel if they have too. I don't find that funny in the least because they have been looking since March and have spent so much money on application fees and hold fees and nothing is available even in the outskirts. 

 I was going to go home for a visit in the next few weeks but since I might not have a place to go to visit I decided against it. Also the heat and the fact that I am just not feeling my best all made me decide that my case of being homesick is just going to have to be that. A case of homesickness, and I do miss my kids. I miss Foxy so much. No pets here. Courtney is allergic to cats and dogs and that is so sad to me because Celeste wants a Dalmatian and has since she was just a little thing. I wish that I could just have a little baby like my Cisco or Foxy but I know that it is not possible with all of the allergies that they both have. 

 Well it is time for me to get off of here and figure out something to eat other than saltine crackers and ginger ale. Have a great day to everyone. Stay safe and wear your masks when you have to. BB

 

 Thursday: Update

 Good morning,

Brrrr it is cold here. The photo I posted of the dark sky I mistakenly said that it was of a winter storm. I stand corrected. The weather app said that it is a Late Spring Storm moving in from Canada. Well it is here and the wind is really kicking butt and taking names. I actually got caught in a huge wind gust and sand storm yesterday. I was standing outside waiting for my taxi to get here and suddenly the wind started blowing and loose gravel, sand leaves and twigs came bombarding me but the temps were not bad. I didn't even need a jacket but wow it is a different story this morning.

 Speaking of wind gusts, I went out this morning because I was really hot. I get those darn hot flashes! Anyway I heard this rattle as a huge gust of wind came out of nowhere and I grabbed hold of the railing to keep from falling over and I turned to look over my shoulder and our neighbors lawn chair was flying up and almost went over the railing but fell back down as fast as it went up.  It was funny in a way and not the first time that it has happened.

 On Monday I think it was, I had to go out as I was having a package delivered and Celeste wanted to go out with me. She was wearing this really pretty dress with a full skirt and I had witnessed the chair flying earlier but I didn't think much about her coming out until the wind caught her skirt and she looked like Mary Poppins without the umbrella lol but thankfully she didn't fly away but she agreed to go back inside lol. 

 Well I will have an adventure today. I have to go for a echocardiogram and I think that I am going to be sort of lucky in one way. I have been trying to get a appointment with an endocrinologist to manage my diabetes. I have called and called and the all I get is the answering service, so yesterday when I was at my PCP I told him what a time that I was having and he looked up the address and asked me which location I was going to and I told him and he smiled. "After your finished with your test just walk right into their office and tell them you want a appointment. They are in the same building." I am so happy to hear that. BUT... after I do that I am going to have to go back to the ER. 

 I am not sure if I mentioned it or not but I had to go on Sunday since I was so sick and I already knew that my electrolytes were low since I had seen my doctor on Friday I think it was. With all of the throwing up that I was doing I knew that I was dehydrated and my doctor said yesterday that I am still dehydrated. With only one kidney he said that it is a HUGE concern. When I got home Courtney said that she would take me and I told her that I wanted to wait just a little while. She had a horrible headache and Celeste was throwing up so perhaps there was a little virus going around but she was better after a little while and we cuddled for a little while and I fell asleep.

 I woke up around 3:00 this morning and when Courtney got up she told me that she couldn't wake me up. She said she tried but... I am not surprised. With all the sleep I missed, feeling better one way and my body needing sleep well I guess my body said... Your sleeping and sleep I did lol.

 Anyway I will go and get my fluids and I really hope that all of my tests turn out alright. I will say that I am a little worried and that Procrastination is my middle name. I hate going to the ER for anything but I know that I better go so I will. (If I don't get blown away by this wind.) first.

 My morning coffee is gone and so I need to do the rest of my routine and make my bed and get something for breakfast and pack a few snacks to take with me so I better get off of here. 

 Have a great day everyone... BB 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...