Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Egg Salad Hump Day


My handsome boy Matthew.....

Good Morning,
 I decided that I had better get my butt over and blog so here I am. Right now I have my coffee and I have some eggs boiling to make some egg salad. I decided to make it on a whim because the idea of scrambled eggs or poached just didn't appeal to me but then I thought egg salad and that was that. I will enjoy that for my breakfast.

 Yesterday was horrible. By the time that it was over I was mentally and physically exhausted. I cannot remember the last time that I felt like that. I have been mentally and physically tired before but not like yesterday. Plus I was upset and that didn't help.

 I called my primary care doctor last week to set a appointment up for my daughter Karyn to have her and Jonathan's FMLA  (Family Medical Leave Act) paperwork done as they have to do it every year.
 When I made the appointment the lady asked me what it was for, was I sick or another reason. I told her it was for the FMLA paperwork to be filled out.

 I have an appointment on Friday. Well we got there and the nurse said "Where are your meds and blood sugar logs"? I told her that this appointment wasn't for me but for Karyn and why and she said "Well it looks like this appointment is to go over your blood sugar labs".
 I told her that I had done that on my last visit and my next visit is for diabetic foot care.
 She took us to the room and another nurse came in and said she would take over and she said "Her blood pressure is high but she just had coffee" and I said "No I hadn't. I made a cup of coffee but it's too hot to drink as I was making it when you called us back".
 I felt she was rude and I was irritated.

 The doctor finally comes in and said "I need your blood sugar logs and to see your medication. Why didn't you bring it as it is a requirement".
 I did not care for her tone at all. 
 "I told her because this is not an appointment for me but for my daughter and FMLA paperwork and that I was coming in to see Katie on Friday for foot care. 
 She shook her head and said that it was to go over my blood sugar log and labs and medication.
 I looked at her and said "Don't you remember that we did that at my last visit 2 weeks ago"?
 
 It is too much to go into all of it but she insisted:

1. I did not have an appointment scheduled on Friday so I felt like she was calling me a liar!

2. She insisted that she had never met my children before and Karyn said I was with her when she had the reaction to the medication that you gave her and I have been several times with my mom. She couldn't place Jonathan ever coming with me.

3. She said that millions of people have diabetes and they don't need FMLA paper work.
 Karyn told her that she agreed but I have more than one serious issue and that added to it I suffered from complications of Diabetes.
 She told Karyn that all of the paperwork was not there and Karyn told her it was front and back.

 She said she would have to think about it and needed more documentation.
 4. Karyn said "We have been coming to this clinic for 4 years and I have never had an issue getting FMLA paperwork filled out. Look back at my mother's file and note where the 2 previous doctors signed it and read their assessment. 
 Guess what? She found one but not the other.... It was missing from my file. So Karyn called Jonathan and he used his break to go upstairs and get a copy from his file and faxed her a copy. 

5. She accused me of wasting her time for not bringing my logs and meds and Karyn for wasting her time without all of the paperwork.

 I have seen Karyn mad before but I have never seen my girl this mad. We left and have to go back on Friday "For My Appointment" and I said we already had my follow up. Why do I have to do it again. I am supposed to be getting foot care on Friday!
 She said I would have to reschedule that appointment and Karyn said No we are not rescheduling. She accused me of not having an appointment on Friday. 

 We came home and Karyn called into work. She then got on the computer and she started a letter of documentation. 
 Then she pulled up Legislation on the FMLA Act and high lighted key parts to it where it stated a number of illness's I had that  made her and Jonathan eligible for FMLA.

 She put me to work too. I was on the phone having every appointment I have had from January 2018 to August 14th 2018 emailed to us. Same thing with  the hospital. (That occurred because she said that she didn't see in my chart where I had ever been to the hospital in 2018).  

 So I had to take a break and make my egg salad and she called me. She was faxing her letter.... Actually it is not a letter it is just a lot of documentation and her views on the visit yesterday.

There was more but I can't remember it all. She did not go home until 9:00 last night. She searched and found what she was looking for and when she was done she came and gave me a good night kiss. and she and Foxy went home.

 But I was so tired mentally from one phone call to the next lol. So then I took myself to bed.

 My egg salad sandwich was so delicious I think I will have another... Take care and be safe... BB


No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...