Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Playtime Before Bedtime


My Matthew and the gentleman that I cared for while Matt was away at Truck Driving school.

Hi,
 Almost bedtime but I wanted to post this page that I did of Matthew and Ken that he sent to me a few days ago. They were having a good day and were taking selfies outside on the porch. Gosh I miss that porch. 

 Matthew and Ken both came to visit me today. I had a huge grin when they walked in the door. Especially to see Ken. It has been a couple of weeks since I have been over to see him. I need to go more often.
 I told him today that I was worried about him. His shirt was soaking wet. I said Matthew why is he sweating like this?  Matt says he sweats like that when he is in pain.
 I got him a pillow for his back and a glass of water. He has a fracture in one of his discs in his back we think. They did a MRI last night so he will get the results soon and I asked if he had brought his pain meds and of course he didn't so after awhile I could tell he was hurting really bad and my chairs are not that comfortable so I told Matt to take him home and get him settled and give him his pain meds.
 It breaks my heart to see him like this. We are so glad that Matthew is there with him as there is no way I can hold him up if he should fall. Matthew is able to get him in his shower chair and out so he doesn't fall. I can't do that. We would both fall.
 But he said that he misses me. Aww I miss him too. I miss Matthew too. We talk on the phone every day but not the same. I should go and spend the night or a few days with them.
 I just get into my routine here at home and I am a homebody. Funny how I couldn't wait to Go, Go, Go when I was younger. Now it is … You mean I have to get dressed? Whine.... sigh... lol.

 Another hot day.  The rain was really nice but it left everything steamy and humid. I was reading the weather on my phone last night and I can't remember all of the statistics but I do remember that August was the hottest summer we have had since they started keeping records back in something like 1899!!!! lol... That date is not correct but still impressive.
 Also we had 16 consecutive days of triple digit heat and then it fell to 99 degrees for 0ne day and then we had another 15 days of consecutive days of triple degree heat. I don't know what today topped out at but when I opened the door for Matt and Ken, the heat hit me like a furnace. 

 I only seen Karyn for a few minutes this morning before she went to work. She had to pick up her computer and laptop. Poor kid was running to my bathroom to throw up. It is her hormones raging. I checked on her through out the day but she never answered my text messages.
 I knew she wanted to call in but she had a very huge meeting today and had to be there. Hopefully she either got to feeling better or her boss let her go home after the meeting was over. 
I probably will not see her tomorrow because she didn't bring her equipment over here so that tells me she will be in the office again tomorrow. 

 Nathan goes back in to work in the morning. He will be pulling a double so I will be home alone tomorrow with Miss Foxy. My girl and I have plans to cuddle haha. 

 I didn't rest well last night. I tossed and turned but I got up early and stayed up until after Matthew and Ken left and then I told Nathan that I just had to lay down. I slept hard for a couple of hours. But my eyes are getting heavy so it will not be long before I will be going back to bed.

 I have gotten into the habit of shutting the ringer off on my phone. I have told everyone to just leave me a voice message. I am having to block all sorts of calls and it is frustrating. I am on the No Call register but it isn't helping and I am not kidding when I say I have 30 or 40 more calls a day. So now I just go in and block the number. Still they just pass my number on to someone else and it starts all over again. 
 I know why I am getting them. I signed up for Publisher's Clearing House and I did a survey for them. Well that opened the flood gate. I should have known better but I did it anyway and now I am paying for it with all of these calls.

 I really don't like shutting my ringer off because of emergencies. No one can get in touch with me if my ringer is off so I am always uneasy about shutting it off, especially at night, but it has been really nice not having to deal with it ringing every time I turn around. 
 The downside is that I miss calls from friends I would like to talk to. Today tho, I was so tired I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to sleep and it felt really nice to just close my eyes and rest. So I made the decision to just turn the ringer off. I need to turn it back on now so I don't forget to do it. 


 Ohhhh I cannot go without sharing this video I found today. I actually got it from the news but it didn't open well so I searched it on YouTube... 
 You Just Gotta Love This One...


 You know, this video is not in English, but sometimes, the language of communication is really universal.... Her name is Felia.. She is awesome. 
 Reading the story earlier, a woman was bitten by a lion at this same safari park by another lion a few weeks ago.
 It was rare that it happened as these lions are use to people and also the woman was not interesting in interacting with the lions. It makes me think she should not have taken an open tour when she really didn't care for the animals to begin with. 
 Animals sense hostility. They are unpredictable. You don't know their mind set and they don't know yours.
 Also did you know that Female lions are really the fieriest of the species especially when they have cubs. The males of course are very strong and they are not as friendly in their Prides. 
 Still I would have loved to have been able to do this. I would probably still be there with them tho.

 Someone asked me what my dream job would have been if I could have chosen anything and this type of work would have been it. To work with these animals and protect and care for them. But I didn't get to choose so I live vicariously thru others. 
 I hope that you enjoy this little video.... Good Night... take care of yourself and have a wonderful Thursday... BB
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...