Sunday, January 27, 2019

Cold Wet And Damp



A page that I colored over the weekend....

Hello,

 This is a page that I colored over the weekend. I made a copy of this one and have it along with a few more that I have done from my adult coloring book that Miss Edna sent me for my birthday a couple of years ago. 
 Daughter Karyn loved it so I made copies of some of the pages and gave to her. Coloring relaxes her as well it seems.

 It is cold here for us.. Not for those of you in really cold cold cold weather, but for us it is chilly as we are used to winters a little more warmer. And it is supposed to get cooler the weather said. But our high today is supposed to be up in the 50's and then drop close to freezing by Tuesday. 
 I cannot and will not complain about the rain (at least too much) because this summer we will all be begging for rain. I have learned not to complain and just take it day by day. It would do no good to complain about something I can't change!

 I am sorry to have been away. We had a crazy few weeks. We had a death in our family and it was very hard. She had been on hospice since right after our Thanksgiving. The last few days she was just made comfortable and she slept a lot. 

 I was down for about 4 or 5 days with a stomach virus. I thought that it might have been something that I had eaten because I am the only one that has gotten it so far. Everyone else has had runny noses and coughs and sneezing. 
 I seen on my Facebook page where someone posted that worked in the health field said to take a cotton swab and put a little antibiotic ointment on the tip of the cotton swab and to rub it inside your nose because most virus's, colds and flu are air born and mainly we breathe it in so I did that as soo as I heard Jonathan sneezing.
 I have been spraying my can of Lysol disinfection spray too. 
 Matthew was very sick a couple of weeks ago. He ran a very high fever, body aches and I just know that he had a case of the flu. I had my flu shot and I was lucky I didn't catch it in spite of being in close contact with him. On the other hand I got the crud and had exposed him about 5 days before he came down sick. 
 Nathan became really sick. He came home from work on a Monday night running fever and cold and aches and pains. Mainly the fever and a bad head-ache. Thankfully he was off work the next two days and although he wasn't well he wasn't contagious any longer so his boss let him come back to work.
 By Saturday Jonathan was sick. A few days later I was just really tired but I did see Matthew during that time. Only for a little while as he came thru town. That night I came down with it. It was no fun at all. So I think that I gave it to Matthew when I seen him. He wanted me to see his truck and I went on a small run with him so I was in his truck and not surprised when he called me sick. 
 I was afraid that it would run thru the house again, but knock on wood it hasn't other than a few sniffles here and there.

 My doctor gave me some masks and gloves for when I go out to wear and I have them in my purse. My sister said the other day when she called me and I had the stomach virus she said "You all are the sickest bunch I have ever met. I don't know what is wrong with you all." It really hurt me but I cannot help that my immune system is compromised and I think that my kids have low immune systems as well. We all take vitamins and drink plenty of orange juice and wash our hands frequently. They all have had their flu shots so.... well anyway there you have it.

 Day before yesterday a friend of mine told me I had a package coming in the mail. It was a late Christmas gift. Yesterday Fed-Ex knocked on the door and handed me my package. Matthew grabbed it out of my hand picking on me... "I am opening it" he said holding it above his head laughing. I was laughing at him too saying "Uh Uh that is mine!"
 He cut the tape off of it and handed it to me... WOW was I surprised!



A tablet with an detachable keyboard.... I love it...

I really love it. It is just perfect for me to take to Florida. My computer is really so heavy and I will only be able to carry one carry on with me on the plane. Granted it is just a tablet but it will do everything that I want it to do so I am pleased. 
 I downloaded NBC last night so I can watch Dateline but I might have to uninstall it because for some reason it is not accepting our cable provider. I tried to download it to my computer too and same problem. We have AT&T U-Verse so we shouldn't be having this problem. I will have Jonathan look at it later on today and if he can't fix the problem I am going to have him call the company and see what the problem is.
 We get NBC on the big t.v. so we should be able to download the app. I want to try and download a few programs so I can watch them in Florida. I already have a couple of movies so I can watch on the plane and if go on a trip I can watch a movie while we are driving. Knowing me I will fall asleep on the drive lol.
 Last year I was watching a movie on the plane and we landed with about 15 minutes left for the end of the movie. Once landed I thought that I would stay on the plane and let everyone else get off and I could see the last of the movie but NO... The movie shut off. So I was hoping to catch the ending on the way home but my plane going home did not have the DVD player/Tablet and I couldn't remember the name of the movie so I think that the tablet will be great to have on my trip. 

 We have had to have a few things fixed around here. Our heat went out one day. It was cold too. I was lucky that my Land Lady was across the street doing some things with her handyman and he came over and worked on it and on Nathan's ceiling fan. It was coming loose from the ceiling. 
 The handyman said she was going to have to call in a Heat and Air guy and he came straight over and had it fixed really fast. He had the heat going before the handyman was finished with the ceiling fan lol.
 Now I am just waiting on another part to my dishwasher. It should be here this week. It should give me no problems after that gets put on. I really like this dishwasher. It is so roomy and I can take out the top rack and add big pots and tall tea pitchers and vases and things of that nature to clean easier than by hand washing them. 
 Now I noticed that my venti hood light and fan has stopped working. I will have Nathan take a look at it before he heads off to work.

 Well I guess that this is about all for me this morning. Have a wonderful and day and until next time, please take care... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...