Sunday, January 26, 2020

A Early Start


Kit is A Little Bit Shabby by Rosie

Good Morning,
 Believe it or not but I have been trying to work on my blog since 2 this morning.
 Why is it that 4 hours later I have only put up a scrap page and written just these few lines?
 Well... Well I really don't know where the hours went. I somehow got lost on a rabbit trail looking for one thing and that turned intp something else and so forth.
 
 Miss Edna, this is the photo of you and Pogo that I was looking for that I thought would have been wonderful on your Christmas cards. 
 One of the things that I was doing this morning was making a couple of scrap pages and I came across this photo. It is a wonderful one of the two of you. I hope that you like the scrap page as well.

 Paddy did you get the scrap page I made for you? I sent it to your email so I hope that it went thru alright. If you didn't get it please let me know and I will re-send it to you.

 I know that it has been a while since I have posted. Things here have just really been crazy. One is that my blood sugar has really been kicking my butt.
 I have a new routine and it is getting changed a lot because what works one day isn't working the next day.
 I went to see my doctor on Thursday and we talked about a chip that will go into my arm and all I have to do is put my cell phone over the chip and it will automatically send my readings over to my doctor. That way they will be able to monitor me better and even on weekends and nights it will be monitored thru a 24 hour service provided by my medical network.
 We are just hoping that it will be covered by my insurance but I don't think that it will.
 You would think that it would be covered since the goal is to keep me out of the hospital. But we will see.

 My son in law woke me up at 1:30 this morning. He was in so much pain and was looking for some Tylenol and instead of heat he decided to use ice.
 He didn't mean to wake me up but I was in between the sleep realm anyway. I was dreaming and felt like I was awake but not awake. I remember that I needed to use the bathroom so I was waking up anyway.
 
 After I talked with you Miss Edna I did lay down and ended up sleeping from that point all the way until I heard David up so I got some really good rest. Bad thing was I could never go back to sleep so I just got up and made some coffee and here I am.

 My kids, Laurie and David are moving back to California. This breaks my heart but I understand that they have to do what is the best thing for their family and this is going to be the best decision in the long run.

 You would think that being a disabled veteran he would be able to get top medical care but that is not the case. It is a very long and complicated story and I will not go into it all here but it is a shame that they make too much money to get help here in Texas but that he can get better health care in California. It is the cost of living difference.
 Anyway poor guy is just in so much pain and has crappy doctors. Every time he turns around they want to do surgery procedures on him.
 Since June he has had 16 of these so called procedures and they are very painful. Several times he has had to go to the Emergency Room afterwards and he made the decision not to have any more of them done. They are just making his problem worse instead of better. Somedays he can barely get up long enough to use the restroom.

 i9sh09fmgse.... (Stormy says hello)… Ha! he is such a funny cat. He just can't stand for me to ignore him and so he decided to climb on my laptop.
 Oliver got into trouble yesterday. He chewed and started to rip up his blanket. He can still use it but one of the corners is chewed and the filling pulled out.
 This is the 3rd blanket and 2 doggie beds that he has chewed up. He doesn't go after clothes or shoes thankfully but he will demolish his blankets and beds.
 I thought that perhaps he would just get bored and think that they are toys but I was hesitant about giving him that blanket from the start. 
 I have to say that he had it a couple of weeks before he decided to chew on it. I am not sure what we can do to stop the behavior. He has toys that he plays with. We talk to him and try to distract him from the chewing, ripping and tearing up his blanket but nothing is working right now. 
 We need a dog whisperer... and a cat whisperer too... Stormy has decided that he likes the kitchen table. I don't even scold him anymore because he knows he isn't allowed up here and ignores me. At least he waits until after mealtimes before climbing on up. I really just have to stare at him and he gets the message and gets down but I told the kids.. If you walk away from the table and leave your food on your plate and he gets it then that is your fault. 
 But Oliver is really bad about stealing food. David made Laurie a sandwich the other night and she had to go take care of one of the kid\s and came back just as Oliver snatched it off her plate!

 I guess I need to go. Stormy is trying to sit on me and the laptop. He is batting my hands.. Ouch... just got me good... Take care! BB


2 comments:

  1. Health care in this country is such a travesty. It boggles my mind that insurance companies are for profit and not for patient enterprises. I hope you and your son in law get the care and the relief you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Beth. I love the scrap page that you made for me and Pogo. Thank you. I've been having trouble getting to sleep all night so finally I just got up and cooked something for breakfast. Pasta with a bit of butter and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. And a cup of coffee. Delicious. I agree the health insurance business is definitely patient oriented. I hope Nathan feels better soon. I'll give you a call later today. You get some sleep, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...