Monday, January 6, 2020

Miss Rosie


Dream Big!

Good Morning,
 Well it is morning for some. Really early Monday for me. Almost 2:00am. I couldn't sleep so I just got up.

 I titled my post Miss Rosie because Miss Rosie and I are doing a project together.
I will tell you about it because I am excited. That is probably why I can't rest well tonight.

 I have always admired Rosie's work. Actually I really just admire Rosie.
 Not only does she have MS but she is blind in one of her eyes and she is almost deaf now because of many ear infections, MS and a host of other things.
 She also struggles with her hands. At times they swell and hurt and ache so bad that she can't paint but when she can she is just fabulous.
 We met years ago online. We were in the same group over at Daisy Trail and became friends. She would make kits and give them to the group and I just love all of them.
 I was really into digital scrapbooking then and worked on lots of pages. It was fun and it was something that I really enjoyed doing. I think that there wasn't a dry eye in the place when Daisy Trail shut it's doors for good.
 I have always hoped they would start back up again but I guess that really will not happen.
 They tried updating the site and was running into a lot of problems. Mainly it had to do with updating their equipment and it became so costly that they just couldn't afford to make the necessary changes.
 While I went over to Flickr and most of our group did gravitate there it just wasn't the same. We tried but the group we formed over there just kept getting smaller and smaller as the members tried out new groups.
 Rosie left us and she went over to JustArt and a lot of others joined her or branched out to other places. 
 I rarely go over to Flickr any more but I am friends with almost everyone on Facebook so we still talk to one another and try to keep in touch.

 Rosie branched out in a big way. She became the Darling of Facebook and as her followers grew she decided to join a few stores and started making her kits and putting them up for sale. She has made some stunning kits. 

Okay so I am going to back up for minute. Last summer when I took that nasty fall I really couldn't move around easily and so I spent a lot of time trying to be still.
 On my tablet I downloaded an App called Paint By Number. I love this App. I love to color and this is what this is. It is a paint by number game and while I love to color this is just as relaxing so I usually do a page or two a day.
I tried to download the link but I ran into problems. I downloaded the app from the Google Play Store but I am sure that you can just search it and download the App on your device if this is something you might like. It is called Paint By Number.
Anyway I opened my App one day right before Christmas and I went to the home page and I saw a new thing called Collections. It was called  Taro and I decided to color the pages because they really are gorgeous.
 I love my Taro cards but I really don't like doing readings with them because for one, they are  expensive and two they are a bit larger than I can handle easily. I also live with my kids who do not like me doing any thing Witchy. 
 So as I was painting/coloring these beautiful images I was like hmmm … As beautiful as these are I bet that Rosie's would be even prettier.
Then a spark of an idea formed. Would Rosie like to make a kit for a deck of Taro cards? I haven't seen a kit like it any where before so I sent her a message and asked after the holidays would she make me a kit. 
 She replied in the sweetest way. This woman is just so sweet anyway. "Beth of course I would love to make you a kit after the holidays".
 So we got together today and I explained to her what I had in mind and I sent her the images that I had colored to just give her an idea of what I have in mind.
 She thought that I wanted her to make the kit trying to make each card like the images I had colored and I said "Oh no Rosie. I want you to make the kit in your own unique style".
 I also told her that I didn't want it to be an exclusive kit, for her to put it in her stores and sell it. She might sell a lot of the kit in her stores.

 First off in the conversation she had told me that she already had 3 kits she was working on and I told her that I am not in any hurry at all.
 Then after reading my texts she text me back and said that while she was working on those 3 kits she might have to stop and do some Taro cards lol. 

 So the image I posted above is a Paint By Number from the Taro collection. After I finished it I emailed it to myself and I thought that I would post it as I thought it was so pretty and I want to make some pages as well.
 Rosie also said that she will send me the cards as she finishes each one. 
 She said she was worried she would let me down but that will never happen. I think that I am her biggest fan. She really has had a time of it with her illness and a couple of years ago she and her husband caught the flu.
 Her husband was admitted into the hospital. Becky had to come home from college out in Lubbock and help with her mom and dad.
 Stuart lost his leg during that ordeal. Thankfully he was in the hospital when the doctors noticed something bad happening to his leg. 
 So I am so very glad that she seems to be in good spirits and is doing what she loves best and that is painting.


 I went to look for the woman who did this Taro collection to ask if she was going to do an entire full 52 card deck but I cannot find any information on her so I am going to contact Customer Service and see if I can get her website or something. The only thing that she has is a small introduction that says she lives in Paris and has been a freelancer for I think 6 or 7 years. That is it other than her name.

 When I asked Rosie if she would make my kit I told her that I was Wicca/Pagan  and if doing this was something that would offend her then I understood if she didn't want to do it and she replied  I am Pagan too Beth and as a matter of fact Becky (her daughter) had given her a new set of Taro cards for Yuletide. 
 I am so excited as I now have another friend that we can do things sort of together... She lives up by Fort Worth so we still have distance between us but I am really excited that I can ask her things that I have no one else around here to even ask except on my groups. But it will be really nice to have someone to do a moon ritual with or some small spell work. One can never have too many friends in this world.

 I also have a new friend from Facebook. He is a friend of a mutual friend and we have been texting and so I invited him to my blog. I don't know if he will stop by and comment or just read and stay silent but I did invite him. His name is Travis. So Welcome Travis if you stop by.

 Miss Edna was saying that she hadn't seen my blog posts and that the last one that was showing up was done before Christmas. The one where I posted my Christmas tree. Then she remembered for some strange reason she has to go in and delete the older link that she has and then go hunt my blog and get a new link because unlike the rest of her friends my blog posts just stop the last of the year. Mine doesn't roll over to the new year.  
 Does anyone else have this issue? I told her that I might have to adjust my settings and she said and I can't agree more, that with my luck I should just leave it alone lol... I have lost my blog a few times and could only start a brand new one. It was a huge pain in the butt to do that. So she is right in telling me I better leave it alone. No telling what might happen if I try and adjust my settings.

 I am not quiet sure what happend the other day, actually it was day before yesterday but Foxy must have tried to get a drink of water or maybe she got to close to Oliver's food bowl but he went after her and she yelped in pain and ran under the sofa. 
 Nathan finally was able to get her out from under the sofa and she wasn't bleeding any where but she was crying and shaking something terrible.
 I didn't see any blood but Karyn took her home with her for the night and the next day she told me that Foxy has 2 puncture wounds right under her eyes and side of her nose.
 Olly must have had her entire head in his mouth at one point. She is ok but she is not really herself. She will not come out of Nathan's room. 
 She is drinking but not really eating. I know my little girl got hurt really bad.
 I now have Olly's food dish in the garage or I take it outside if I am with him. I put hers in her regular spot but Olly eats her food and so now I am going to have to just pick it up after she eats. 

 Stormy is sprawled out in my spot on my bed. I keep moving him to his pillow but he doesn't seem to care for that very much. He wants to sleep on top of me.
 He really likes Foxy's little house during the day. I guess because it is nice and dark but if I try to put him in it at night he gets this huge attitude. He will let out a Meow that is spooky. lol. He is so funny.

 Miss Edna I will try and take some good pics of Oliver for you tomorrow. I will just have to pretend not to take his picture. Now how do they know not to cooperate when I try to take their picture? Stormy doesn't care if I take his but Foxy and Oliver act just like Pogo does.

 Well believe it or not but I am getting sleepy so I will say good night for now and I hope that everyone has a fantastic Monday and I also hope that every thing goes great for you all this coming week.
 Until tomorrow take care everyone and be safe.... BB

1 comment:

  1. Beth, what name does Rose go by and what stores are her kits in. I looked up some of the Tarot color cards on Google and found some really beautiful ones. I would love to see Rosie's Tarot kit. I'm so sorry to hear about Oliver and Foxy. I'm sure they'll work out their differences after a while. I just hope that Oliver doesn't get banished to the garage now. Give me a call when you are up. Have a good sleep, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...