Friday, January 3, 2020

Welcome Friday


New Year;s Eve... Cathy and Oliver.

Stormy celebrating in the best way possible.

 Hello,
 Well our tree is still up but the ornaments are all off. We will leave it up until the 6th and take it down. It marks the day that the 3 wise men met baby Jesus so we leave it up. 
 Due to Stormy wanting to play with the ornaments as well as my grandson Damien we just have the lights on the tree. Good enough for our purpose.
 I am not sure what we are going to do with the tree when it comes down. We have all talked of getting another tree next year but really this one is still nice. It's just not really full anymore but I think that it serves it purpose.
 We would love a live tree but Nathan's asthma prevents us from having one. He can get really sick so artificial it is.

 I have been going thru some old photos on my computer and I came across these of my grandson Dante when he was almost a year old.





 I was babysitting the kids one night. I had gone to spend a few days right before Christmas and Laurie and David had gone Christmas shopping.
 He was so sick in these photos. I went with Laurie the next day to see his Pediatrician. He had been running a very high fever and had been crying most of the day.
 We had thought about taking him to the emergency room but Laurie was able to get an appointment with his doctor. I was really concerned because his fever was just so high.
 She had called his doctor and asked her to call her back and the doctor said that if she couldn't get the fever down to take him in, but luckily we were able to get it to break for a few hours.
 I was going to have to go home the next day because I had doctor appointments myself and so I told Laurie and David that I would stay home with the kids if they wanted to go and take care of Christmas shopping because I wasn't sure when I could come back.
 They didn't want to leave the baby because they were afraid he would cry and I wouldn't be able to tend to him. I say this because Laurie was breastfeeding and had never had a bottle and I came to find out that he wouldn't take one from me either lol, but it was so cold out and so I stayed with him and I was rocking him and singing to him. I don't know how I managed it but I took these with my phone. 
 This was the first time that he actually let me hold him and rock him for any length of time so I remember this time really well.
 The next day when we went to the Pediatrician we found out why our little one was so sick. He had a double ear infection that was very bad. His little ear drums were actually getting ready to burst.
 It was so bad that they gave him an injection, ear drops and an antibiotic. 
 One would never had known that he was that sick and especially his ears. He was not showing any signs of being sick until the fever set in and according to the doctor babies don't have to show symptoms and can come on seriously in just hours. That is what happened to our little guy. 

  Thanks for tagging along on my trip to the past. It is good to remember the good times and even the not so good times I suppose. 

  Tonight Laurie ordered some Chinese food and we are waiting for it to be delivered. 
 I have already eaten so I am not hungry but the kids are. I will have to close for now so the kids can sit at the table so I will post again when I can. Probably tomorrow...  BB



 


6 comments:

  1. Hello Beth,

    Happy New Year to you!
    I think we all want the same thing of it, some quiet and peace and for all good health! If that will be the case, I will be a happy camper!
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kyra so good to hear from you. Happy New Year to you too! I will have to go over and visit your blog. I have been hit and miss these past few months. My daughter, husband and family moved in with us so I have been super busy. I hope you and Jan are doing well... Love to you girlfriend... xx

      Delete
  2. Poor kid! Thank goodness you got him some treatment for his ears. I say if you can make that artificial tree last another year, why not? Less expense and less waste going to the landfill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe your right. I told the kids that we are going to take it down tomorrow and put it in the garage... I am so tired. I wanted to do my own blog but I am really to sleepy to try and stay up...

      Delete
  3. I agree with Steve. Use the tree as long as you can. Just cover bald spots with garlands. If you tie a string around the tree, then attach other end of string to hook on wall, this should prevent cat from knocking tree down. Just a thought. It will be nice when you are able to get your bedroom and privacy space back. How about a photo of Oliver when you can see his whole face and body? You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly will try to take a picture of Oliver to share. And great advice on the tree. We are saving it for another year. Hugs xx

      Delete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...