Monday, February 11, 2019

Another Late Night


Playing around.... 

 Hello Monday,
 It is late here. Nearly 3:00 in the morning. I am going thru another insomnia round of not being able to sleep. But it has been alright.

 My son Nathan and I don't really get to spend much quality time together because of his crazy work hours. So when we get a chance to do so we make the most of our time together.

 He eats really different from the rest of the family. He cannot have gluten so he gets frustrated when Jonathan is really inconsiderate and orders a Pizza for dinner and knowing he can't have any.
 So to combat this we have been preparing him meal portions and freezing them. I have joined him in not eating gluten when it is he and I and frankly I think that we should all eat gluten free foods. It tastes basically the same as regular foods. Gluten free foods just cost more. It is a shame but it is the truth. 

 Tonight we chopped 4 different kinds of bell (sweet) peppers. Red, yellow, orange and green. We bagged them separately in Ziploc sandwich bags and then put them in a larger bag into the freezer. All he has to do is just reach into the freezer to get a few spoons of how much he needs and not have to spend the time washing and chopping. And the biggest benefit is that the produce doesn't go bad.
 We have onion and mushrooms cleaned and bagged as well. He has gluten free bread loaves in the freezer too. He just has to thaw and back the bread. 
Last weekend he made pasta with gluten free noodles so we rinsed the noodles after they cooled and packed them into single service size along with containers of pasta sauce.
 He also have stuff for making really nice omelets. I have also been hunting up some recipes for him too. He is buying the foods to make some soups next time we go shopping. 

 Anyway so that took a while for us to do. I was going to bed but I saw him in the kitchen and we started talking about ideas and what not and we ended up chopping and bagging and it was a nice couple of hours that we spent with each other.

 Other than that I have just been sort of lazy. Cold rainy and damp weather sends me to snuggle up in bed and read. My mama and I used to love days like this. Since I was a little girl. It is a good memory of mama and I that I really enjoy.

 A dense fog has moved over our area. It will be this way until almost noon tomorrow. They say that the sun could peek out at us tomorrow if this storm moves out of the area. I will believe it when I see it lol. They have been saying that for 2 days now. But just maybe the sun will shine for a few hours.

 I have one more thing I want to say and then I am going to bed. I really need to get up at a decent time in the morning. I need to wash my bedding and make some phone calls.

 Last night I checked my email and I had a letter from the U.S.O. I support our troops and signed up for one of their newsletters or emails and I opened the email and read it and the stories and so forth and at the end of the letter it asked to take a quiz for feedback. I love quiz's so I took it and asked the usual questions like select A-D for the best answer for yourself. The questions were  How important to do think support for our American Troops is... A: Very Important B: Important C: Somewhat important and D: Not important and so on.. this is not exact just an example from the top of my head.
 I answered them all and got to the last page. It was the very last question that just ticked me off.
 Of course they were asking for a donation amount and A-C was a donation amount. Then came D: No, you don't want to support American Troops.
 YES I DO!!!!!!
 I just cannot afford another donation. It has nothing with me Not wanting to donate to the cause!
 In my opinion they could choose different wording such as.... I cannot afford to donate at this time.
 or 
 I cannot make a monetary donation but what other ways can I support my Troops....

 Anyway I emailed them a letter and in it I expressed my opinion. I am not sure if they will respond or not but at least I got it off my chest. 

 Now I am going to bed... Have a great Monday and if you see the sun... say hi for me lol.... BB

1 comment:

  1. I stopped doing those survey things for such a same reason. They shouldn't be making me feel guilty when I cannot afford to send money every time they ask for it. (which is quite often) I don't do the surveys and I don't cash the checks. I do keep the coins. Actually, I think they could come up with a better way to ask for money.

    I also don't believe in these charities having grand give a ways and lotteries. If they can afford to do this, they certainly don't need my money. When they send me the lottery chances, I stop giving to them.

    I'm getting ready to start on my taxes. Wish me luck. Pogo sends woofs. You have a good sleep today, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...