Saturday, February 9, 2019

Winter Weather, Snow In Austin


Image From Free Site

Hello,
 I hope that you will have a wonderful Sunday. In my little spot in this big old world, I am awake. I will not say wide awake because my eyes are finally getting a little droopy. 
 So I decided to spend a little while with Blogger and a cup of coffee. It is preferable to sit inside my nice warm house on this very cold morning. It feels like 29 degrees according to the weather app on my phone. Actual temperature is 34 degrees. 
 We have freezing rain and wind right now. Our high isn't supposed to get out of the 30's today. 
 Just this past week we were near 80 degrees for several days and now... wham.. Cold and Icy!
 Well... I knew this would happen when I put my bushes in the ground the other day. So I covered them with large paper sacks but my trash bags I planned to use to go over the paper sacks were too small.  I really hope that they make it. But if they don't then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

 Tonight I took apart my stove and cleaned it. I cleaned all of the counters and later today if I feel like it I will take apart my refrigerator and clean it as well. Last week I thought that I was out of one of my insulin. I called the pharmacy and they took the information down.
 Karyn and I went out to Cheddars for a bite to eat and stopped by the pharmacy to get my insulin. The girl said that it wasn't due to be refilled for another week.
 I spazzzzzed….. Karyn and I tried to figure out what the problem was and the girl said I needed to call my doctor because the insurance wouldn't pay for it until the 9th.. today!
 I said I would call my doctor and we left.
 Once we were home Karyn said "Mom are you sure you didn't just over look it?"
 I told her that maybe I did but didn't think so. She looked into the bottom bin and pulled out my unopen box of insulin. 
 I was relieved and annoyed at the same time and at myself. I looked in the bin. That is the only place I keep it so I know where it is. I still don't know how I over looked it but I was very thankful that it was there!
 Anyway I have caught myself over looking a lot of things. I keep misplacing things. I don't know how this happens. It just does. I still haven't found a couple of items just yet. It is aggravating. 

 I chose the image above because it is so beautiful and I just love pictures of the moon. Even as a little girl I was fascinated by the moon.
 Today I was playing a game when a quiz popped up. It was for a small Wicca shop so I decided to take the quiz.
 The name of the quiz was "What Kind Of Witch Are You?"
 It had 7 questions and I had to choose the answer that mostly fit me. They were fun questions and I really had to think because there were really more than one answer that fit me. But I didn't just click the buttons hoping for a higher score because I really did want to see if the description fit me. So I really had to think and visualize myself in these situations to see how I really felt.
 Well at the end of the quiz I was wide eyed with amazement. That answer fit me perfectly. 
 I am a Night Witch and my special connection is the Moon... not only that but I tend to work my spells, casting and cleansing during the moon phases rather than at any other time.
 I cannot tell you how many times I really do this. The last full moon I was really sick but that didn't stop me from taking my tools out to cleanse and charge. I also made a jar of tea with mint, chamomile, lemon and ginger. I was so sick with a stomach bug and that really helped me. 
  I am a night owl by nature and I have tried to reverse my schedule but I always end up right back up at night. 
 I do love the night.

 When we lived in Las Vegas it was a city that never sleeps. I loved the fact that I could grocery shop at 2:00 in the morning, or go and get a hair cut at midnight, or go to a specialty store, or out to eat any time I wanted to. I could go and see a show or a movie. And I worked all shifts so I could pick and choose and my boys were old enough that I didn't have to worry about them being left alone. Plus I had neighbors that watched my boys like their own.

 Even tho Austin is a big city and is always awake as well, it is still different. We have a 24 hour Walmart but not close to us and a grocery store but a lot of stores just are not open on weekends or they close early like 7 or 8 pm. It is so crazy that it is this way considering so many people work during the day and can't always get off in time to do things. 
 Jonathan is going to have to take a day off to go down town to register his car because the Department of Motor Vehicle's is closed on Saturday and Sunday. Right now they are discouraging people from taking off of work because they are working mandatory over time. 

 Anyway I really thought that was a cute little quiz and I don't take these little quizzes to heart most of the time. I usually take them with a grain of salt, but today it really did fit me. 

 Another thing that I have to do tomorrow is purge my stack of mail. I have a couple of bills I have to pay Monday and file away my important stuff.
 I don't get very much junk mail for which I am really thankful for. I get a couple of magazines and a few doctor statements. Most of my statements are all paperless and sent over the computer. I have been lazy with it the last few weeks. I toss it up on the bar after I glance thru it and now the stack has gone from a small hill to a mountain so I have to deal with it tomorrow. 

 I think that I am going to try and go to sleep now. It will be daylight real soon. It will be cloudy, gray and cold so I think that my bed will feel really nice. 
 Take care and have a great Saturday... BB

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'm a night person too. Maybe because I worked nights for so many years, I don't know. Now it really doesn't matter. Unless I have appointments.

    Get yourself some rest and I'll give you a call later. You have a good sleep, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...