Saturday, February 16, 2019

The Weekend


Image From The Internet


Hello,

 It is early Saturday morning and I am up only because I wanted to write my blog but kept getting distracted and every time I sat down to do my blog I ended up doing several other things first... such as....

 My mail. If my kids check the mail they put it all on my desk. They don't even sort it to see IF they have any mail.
 So that little chore took about 15 minutes, then I had to open my mail, shred the letters I didn't need and then file what I did need away.

 After that I decided that I would refill my water glass and so I did that. Then I thought that I had better use the restroom before I sat back down and that done I plopped my butt down in my chair but Nathan asked me a question so I turned my attention to him and we looked up the question on Google. That done I remembered I had to look into my notebook for some information on a password for a site that I needed and kept forgetting to do it so I had to get up yet again.

 But finally here I am and hopefully I can get this blog done now. Not that I have that much going on. It is rather mundane around here for most part. But today was out of the norm.

 Karyn worked from here Thursday and Friday. I happened to be up going to the bathroom when I heard her car alarm go off. I was just coming out of the bathroom so I opened the door and let her in.
 We talked for a little while as she had my little girl with her. Of course we were both delighted. 
 What better way to start the day than with Foxy kisses? So she and I had a nice little visit before she went looking for the boys. Matt won. She woke him up with Foxy kisses too. 

 Karyn said she heard me in the bathroom testing my sugar. I went to start coffee and apparently I passed out. I am not one to just pass out. According to Karyn I just fell backwards and landed hard. I hit my head on the kitchen floor. She said that I was out for about a minute or minute and a half. She tried testing my sugar but after 6 sticks she finally got a reading. She couldn't get me to bleed.I don't remember any of this and I spent most of the day in the emergency room.
 They kept me because I hit my head and being on blood thinners is serious with a head injury. 
 A mild concussion and several hours later I was back home. I don't remember much of the experience other than drinking some orange juice and the interns  taking me in for a cat scan and the ride home. 
 I had Karyn stop and get me something to eat and I came home and laid down.
 I had several phone calls so I had Matt to turn my phone off.  I don't know if I ever turned it back on or not. I will check it when I go to bed in the not so distant future. I am really tired and they warned me tomorrow I will feel like I have whip lash all over my body so that pesky phone may just stay shut off until I feel better.

 My vision is really blurry but that is from the concussion. It should clear up in a day or two. As a result it is taking me a bit longer to type so if you see any mistakes I hope that you just overlook them.

 One of the things that my son Nathan and I share is our love of the night skies. When he was around 11 or 12 I bought him a small telescope for Christmas one year. Wow did we and especially he have a wonderful time with that instrument. 
 He wore it out actually and I was thinking of replacing it when he decided he wanted to go to Reno to school. By the time he graduated he decided to come to Texas instead of back to Vegas with me so I never got him another telescope. Tonight we had to go out and take a look at the sky. 

 March 3rd, the day that we all get to Florida, that night we should be able to see the International Space Station as it fly's over head of us. 
 I hope that we don't forget about it or that we are not to tired to go out and look up. 
 If all goes as planned I should get an email telling us what time it is to fly over us. As long as it isn't too late or in the wee hours of morning we might get a chance to see it.
 One year Nathan and I got a chance to see it really close to earth. We could make out various parts of it although we didn't know the technical names of the parts but we really enjoyed it. It was stationary at the time so we were really lucky to have been able to see it. We bemoaned the fact that we didn't have a telescope lol.

 Well Matt just got on to me for being up so late. It has taken me over an hour just to type this little bit because of my vision so I guess that I should go to bed now.

 You all take care, have a fantastic Saturday and be safe... BB

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've had quite the busy time lately. Are you okay now? Is this why Karyn is working from your house? To keep an eye on you? I hope you are okay really soon. This must be a bit scary for you.

    I'm watching fashion on QVC and I have to say that some of their clothes are ugly. It's amazing just what some folks think looks devine on them.

    Ah well, I did not sleep much during the night so I'm rather tired today. I'm trying not to nap though, because I'd rather sleep more tonight.

    Pogo is doing just fine. He's already napping! Woofs from him and big hugs from me, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, must have been a scary experience, you passed out on the floor!Good that karyn found you and took action.
    You should be taking lot of rest and not typong a blogpost at the moment with your concussion!
    Did you pass out because of the low sugar level? If so, you should be taking even more care to that, Beth!
    But am happy that nothing really serious happened to you because of that fall.
    Now you take it really easy, take your rest and don't be stubborn, LOL!
    sending healing hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...