Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Texas Bluebonnets


Texas Bluebonnets. I love this flower!

Good Morning,
 I really love this flower. It is our state flower. The story goes that First Lady, Ladybird Johnson when Lyndon Baines Johnson was President made it her mission to beautify our roads and lands. She had bluebonnet seeds spread all across Texas. 
 Today we can see the bluebonnets nearly everywhere. When we see them popping up then we know that Spring has truly arrived. A while back I posted about taking a trip to Fredericksburg with my daughter Karyn. We are going down during the Spring so we can enjoy seeing these gorgeous flowers everywhere in masses. 
 I have another photo but decided not to post it. It was  an April Fools joke but it sort of back fired. People actually thought that it was real. It went crazy over the internet for a couple of years. 
 It is of a rattlesnake called the Bluebonnet Rattler. It is gray with blue markings said to have evolved since rattle snakes are very prevalent in bluebonnets.
 It is scary but I do believe that beauty comes with a price and that in our case  is rattle snakes. But as with everything we just have to be aware of our surroundings and be cautious. I am not a fan of any kind of snake but if you want to take a walk in the bluebonnets please do! Just take a long stick with you and make a lot of noise.
 I truly believe that some creatures are more scared of us as we are of them. Just use your stick to hit the blue bonnets as if your thrashing wheat as your walking and they will go the opposite direction if any are close. 
 Most people that are bitten are the ones that sneak up on them. So don't let the thought of rattle snakes scare you away from enjoying these gorgeous flowers.
 Oh and by the way, Texas blue bonnets are not the only types of flowers that snakes of all kinds love. Lavender fields and tulips and many others are also homes to creatures of all kinds. 

 It is damp and dismal in my corner of the world. On Monday I rode with Jonathan to pick Nathan up from work and we were so surprised. The sun peeked out from a few clouds for about 2 or 3 minutes. We were like... Look it is the sun! LOL.... 
 I have never seen this much damp and rain since the month of June 1983 when my son Jonathan was born. It rained heavily every single day that month. 
 My son Jonathan was one of the first babies born in the new hospital and during his birth they said that the storm was so bad that it blew in the revolving door in the lobby. 
 It hasn't been that bad for us this month tho we have still seen a lot of rain, the last couple of weeks it is just drizzling. Today is the last day of warm mild weather. It is supposed to turn cold and miserable starting tonight.
 
 Matthew is home for a few days. Sad to say this job didn't pan out for him. He is so mad at himself for turning down an offer from Tyson Chicken to go with a friend (Not a good friend either). 
 At first everything seemed ok but the truck kept breaking down, and his friend has anger management issues and Matthew has no idea how to deal with that. 
 The owner doesn't want to pay him for the last 3 days that he worked and Matthew had to threaten to call the police to be able to get his belongings out of the truck. 
 Well anyway he is going to move back up north to be close to his kids. He has several job potentials there so I really hope it works out for him... but I regress...

 Yesterday Matt and I raked the front and back yard and he planted my two bushes. I was a bit leery of planting them knowing it could get really cold but I can cover them if I have to with some paper bags and burlap. 
 They were going to die in the pots that they were in so they had to go into the ground. If they don't make it well at least I did what I could with them over the winter.

 All of that work really wore me out and that isn't taking into consideration of the cleaning I did. When I did get ready for bed my son Nathan was in miserable pain with his mouth. He has a couple of teeth that are hurting him. When he gets up we will call the dentist office and get him an appointment. He has been up most of the night and I right along with him. I went to bed several times but I heard him up and then I was awake. I will be going back to bed soon. I am really tired.

 I have some things that I have to do first before I can rest so I will close for now and get my calls taken care of and my chores done. You all have a great day and I will talk to you all later on... BB

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I hope you get some rest, and that Nathan can see the dentist really soon. I feel so bad for him. Aching teeth are really painful. Those Bluebonnets are just gorgeous. I can't wait to see color blooming in my yard.

    Matt sure is having a bad time getting settled into a decent job. I wish him luck. With a good job under his belt, he'll really begin to feel good about life.

    Now I want to finish my morning blog reading. You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...