Thursday, February 21, 2019

Do You Believe In Fairies?




Good Morning,
 I believe in Fairies and I have been reading about them. A part of my studies is researching topics that interest me and I am always looking for answers to questions that pop into my brain at any given time.

 So many Fairies and so little time. There are as many Fairies as there are days of the week and months of the year and more.
 Not all Fairies are nice ones tho. In our minds we picture tiny little Fairies like Tinker Bell and that simply is not the case. 
 They have as many different shapes and body sizes as we do other than they are a lot smaller than we are.
 We have Garden Fairies and they are actually akin to Gnomes. Although it wouldn't be wise to call a Gnome a Fairy just as calling a Garden Fairy a Gnome.
 But they do the same job. They help tend to your garden. Gnomes are more likely to tend to your vegetable garden while Garden Fairies tend to your herbs and flowers.

 The House Fairy keeps your home safe and comfortable by keeping the peace in your home.  These Fairies are known as Brownies. There are also other names they go by.
 Contrary to popular belief they do not like bells or chimes, mirrors or any thing made with iron. They will not come in no matter how many times you invite them in if you have a horseshoe above your door. 
 There are a lot of  things about all of these Fairies that are interesting.

 Take the Garden Fairies. A nice circle of stones in the garden is really nice. They enjoy these circles and if you want them to stay make sure they have a home. A small birdhouse settled in the middle of the circle is great shelter. Pets and small children should never go near as to disturb their home. That makes sense as we would not want our homes disturbed either.
 A nice tree stump or a wood pile that is not used is great shelters for the Gnomes and close to vegetable garden is a perfect place that they can monitor your garden patch.

 Never thank a Fairy. They do not like or want to be thanked for their work. Instead they would appreciate a meal or a food offering.
 For a Brownie for instance, you can leave a small portion of your evening meal on the table. They enjoy wine among honey, baked offerings, milk, butter and mead or ale. 
 It is best to leave your offerings in the same place each evening. A step near the front door or the back door is good. They also like variety. You would get tired of the same food offering daily and they do as well.
 If you are lucky enough to have a Brownie, make sure that it is a place as high up as you can find. The cupboard above your refrigerator is a good place. Just make sure that you put in a small blanket like a baby blanket and a small pillow. You could put other things in their as well such as a battery operated candle for light, they can turn it on if they wish so leave it in the off position so as not to run down the battery.

 Anyway I hope that you enjoyed these little tidbits. You can search the internet for Fairies if you wish. Like me you might just find conflicting information so I stick with the articles that I find that say close to the same thing. Sometimes researching certain things I find that too much information can be confusing.

 Also we will soon be saying goodbye to Google+ as it is taking down the site due to low usage.
 Our photos that are backed up on Google+ will still be available but it is advised to do this before April. 
 Already Google has made a huge change to Blogger. I am rather glad they took away the Google comments. I don't have very many people coming in now as most of all of my people came from Google+ so I am going to try to get my blog in tip top shape and that means blogging more.
 It has just been chaotic here at my house for the last month or longer. With the move, then the sickness of all of us and just every day things. Nathan is off Tuesdays and Wednesdays and so I have been busy on those days. 
My son Matthew is here and has been sleeping in the living room and it has been really cutting down my computer time as my computer is in the living room and that boy is out for the count by 8:00 pm most nights. 
 Tonight I am sitting here listening to him snore with the hall light on so I can see lol. I realized this tonight as I went into the kitchen to make a glass of water and turned the hall light on and he never moved a muscle ha. So unless I am going to bed super early or sick I should be able to use the hall light for a few more days. He is moving back to Nevada to be closer to his kids. He also has a job interview as well. And the trucking company that he use to work for has called him back wanting him to come back to work so that is good too.

 Speaking of Matthew we had to have a trip to the Emergency Room yesterday. He has Gout. 
 I knew exactly what it was when it hit him really hard and all of a sudden and his big toe.
 The medicine was really expensive but they also gave him a shot to get the medication in his system as soon as possible. They also gave him a really nifty looking shoe to wear. He can drive and walk with it so it doesn't cause as much pain as trying to wear a regular shoe.

 I didn't realize it was so late so I better say goodnight now and try and get a few hours of sleep. Take care and enjoy your Thursday. BB

1 comment:

  1. Some very interesting information about the fairies. I wouldn't be able to leave food out for them because that will draw the mice to that area. I can't leave any food out. It all has to go in to the fridge or the microwave to store.

    Tell Matthew to go online and get himself a Good RX card. It is free and it helps to pay for your medicines. It's a good deal. If he moves of state, will he be able to work for that trucking company

    I did it again. I fell asleep early and woke up at three thirty. It's okay, but it makes for a long day. Today I'll make another stab at my tax stuff. Hopefully I can get most all of it done this week. I need next week to get ready to leave for vacation.

    I'm watching the ShopLC program and oh my, the buys are soooo tempting! I'm off now to post on my blog. Beth, you have a wonderful day. I'll call you later. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...