Saturday, May 16, 2020

Happy Saturday




Happy Saturday,

 I hope that all are doing well today. I guess that I am doing ok. I'm having some pain in my left side and am a bit worried that my left and only kidney is trying to give me some problems. 
 It is worrisome when I only have this kidney to work with. My doctor called me yesterday to tell me that my potassium is very high.
 The last time it got really high I was in Florida with Miss Edna. They really wanted me to go to the hospital for a treatment but I didn't go. 
 If I knew then what I know now I would have gone. It is really serious especially with only one kidney.
 My doctor told me that they had called me in a medication and Karyn went to pick it up for me. Apparently we only have one pharmacy in all of Austin that has this medication I needed. 
 I took it as soon as she walked in the door and it knocked me out and I slept deeply.
 I have to have a lab test on Monday to see if it has helped drop my potassium any. I cannot eat certain foods right now that might be high potassium like bananas, tomatoes, oranges etc. 
 Now I have another big problem. I can't pee. I have drank 6 bottles of water since I got up this morning and I cannot pee. I am going to have to call my doctor office at 4:00 pm when they open for extended hours and see what they want me to do. 
 I am almost positive that I have a kidney infection because of the pain in my left kidney and because of the fact I am drinking but can't pee. 
 I have not spoken of this very often but my family and myself know that I am headed for dialysis. My pain management doctor and I discussed it the other day. I have one of those telemedicine appointments scheduled for Monday with my Nephrologist and my pain medicine doctor told me that my kidney function has gone down. 
 I apologize for my blog post turning into a doctor's visit for you guys. It is just that this is serious and I am scared because there isn't much that I can do about it.
 If nothing else my wish for you is to please take care of the kidneys that you have. Be kind to them. Try to eat healthy and to exercise so you do not become a victim of diabetes which will take a toll on your body very fast.

 It's a bit cooler today but still muggy out. We had a very wicked thunderstorm during the night. We are also supposed to have a week of thunderstorms with high wind, hail, flash flooding and even a tornado is possible.
 I got up during the night and was overwhelmed by the wind and thunder and lightening. It was scary. I stayed awake listening for an alert and was really relieved that my phone never went off. I was ready to take shelter if I needed to. Thankfully I didn't have to. We have really bad thunderstorms here in Texas. We always need to be on guard.

 I know that this is short but I have some things I need to take care of in case my doctor wants me to come into the clinic. I hope and have crossed all my fingers and toes that I am not going to have to go to the hospital but I will not fight it if that is what they suggest I do because I know that the pain can lead to major issues with the kidney, especially if I have an infection. It will be better to get the antibiotics intravenously than to wait for an oral antibiotic. Wish me luck everyone... 
 Take care of yourselves and all my love to everyone... xxxx BB

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth, I am so sorry about all these health problems you've been having. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the infection clears up soon. I'll call you in a while. Hang in there kiddo, big hugs and love, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh -- I hope you're OK and you don't need to go into the hospital. Please keep us posted!

    At this point I would LOVE some thunder and lightning. We haven't had a heavy rain in what seems like months.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...