Sunday, May 31, 2020

I Don't Recognize Our Country Anymore


Allk We Have Left Is Hope.....

 It is Sunday Morning and I am at a loss for words.

What has happened to our country when the color of a persons skin can be so devalued as a human being?
 I understand standing up for our fellow man and woman. I understand the peaceful demonstrations.
 What I see now is not for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor or the man shot and killed by the son and father in Georgia and so many more.
 It is just violence that has been brewing for a long time and it never ends well. It has overflowed and has now I am not sure that it is even about George Floyd and the innocent men and women that have had their lives cut so short.
 Police brutality is really just a cowardice act that the men in blue seem to think that it is just fine to kneel on a mans neck until he died.
 It is ok to get the wrong address and start shooting. They think that it is alright for a Florida man to kill a teen and get off! Where was the justice for that poor boy and so many others that have died?

 Forgive me for being emotional but I cannot help it. This is a short story of what happened to my son last night.
 Nathan gets off work on weekends usually at 10:00pm but sometimes it is later. He got off a little early last night and got home around 10:45 or so and he walked over to the convenience store across the street to get a two liter coke. As he was walking back a cop passed him and turned around and slowly got behind him and continued to follow him. 
 Nathan said that he wasn't Jaywalking as he was in the cross walk. 
 It was just that they were looking for some reason to stop him. They even pulled into our parking lot and sat there for at least 10 minutes until they backed up and left.
 Why?
 Is it a crime to walk to the store for a drink? 
 I was married to a Police Officer. He did not ever abuse his power and he was respected for the man that he was and still is. He is no longer on the police force but I remember him talking to me and how he would handle a call. So many times he would just let people go with a warning or sometimes nothing at all. I know that many people would call him for help even if he wasn't on duty.

 I don't drive anymore but every time we go anywhere (or use to, as I am still home) and a cop got behind us I would get this fear in my stomach for fear that they would pull us over and something would go wrong.
 It is just a scary thought and a scary feeling. I use to trust police officers but now I just have a deep suspicion and fear and I just do not understand a world where we have to be afraid not just for ourselves but for our spouses, children, parents, friends and even neighbors. 

 Ok enough of my rant for now. I will talk to all soon. My grandson wants some num nums... His way of saying Feed me Now lol.

 Have a great day and let us all pray for a resolution for everyone to come together.... BB

5 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to comment. I have no sympathy for any of the protestors who are enjoying their violence and devastation. I have no respect for them either. All police are not bad. Violence, damaging properties and maiming or murdering people is not the way to overcome problems or bring about peace. It never was and never will be. Enough of my rant. Get lots of rest and try to eat so that you can get well soon. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Totally understand Edna. Peaceful protests are one thing, but this stopped being peaceful and stopped being about black lives being cut short. It became about nothing more than violence upon violence.
      Of course not all police are bad. Some are the most honorable men and women in uniform. But there are those that love the power that they abuse. It is a difficult time and we must all stand for justice. We must all stand for peace and especially for the peace of our country. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. That is a chilling story about your son. What have we come to, when innocent people get intimidated by police on the street? For NOTHING?!

    I understand the rioting. People are angry. Black citizens have been systematically deprived of justice for CENTURIES.

    I'm sure most police mean well, but they are trained to "stop the threat" (as they perceive it) in an almost military fashion. Nowadays, given their powerful weapons, that often means they overreact. It happens way too frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve the injustice that I have witnessed in my own life and how our black citizens are treated is horrible. I have no words for what is in my heart. I do know that I have grown up with the black community most of my life and I have seen some things that were just wrong. It was wrong then and it is wrong now and yes it has happened for Centuries upon centuries and it has to stop.

      Wasn't that crazy what happened to my son? It's not the first time. One night my sugar dropped really low and he ran all the way to the 7-11 to get me orange juice. Thankfully the police officer that stopped him that night asked him why he was running and he said my mom is a diabetic and her sugar has dropped. I'm getting her orange juice and he told Nathan get in the car I will take you home and he also went back to the 7-11 and paid for the orange juice.
      So I do have some good stories but there was no reason for what happened the other night. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...