Monday, July 13, 2020

A Very Early Morning


Family is the fabric that holds us together!

 Early Monday Morning. It is 4:13 am and it is 82 degrees, 76% humidity and we have another heat index warning until 8:00pm tonight. I expect that will change to extend the heat. Our temperature is supposed to get up to 105 today where we are. A bit further south of us it can be 110 or higher. UGH...

 I woke up Sunday morning tired. I didn't want to even get out of bed but I dragged my tired lazy butt out of my comfy bed and made a cup of coffee, took the dogs out and cringed at the heat that blasted me. The dogs didn't like it either and so we came back into the cool.
 I had brunch with Jonathan which was Arby's roast beef sandwich. When I first declined I could tell that it hurt his feelings so I sat down and ate the sandwich. 
 I first had to test my sugar and take my insulin and I was very happy to have such a wonderful reading. So I did a quick calculation and I knew that I was going to have to add carbs so the beef sandwich was perfect after all.
 I use to love Arby's but I have seemed to have lost my taste for it. Actually I cannot think of a single food place that I enjoy now since I eat so different than I use to.
 I have lots of salads and soups. Some soups are canned and others are fresh. It just depends on what I feel like making. 

 Afterwards I decided to make a scrap page of Olga for Steve Reed and I really enjoyed sitting down and working on it. 

 Just as I finished it Karyn came and we had a good visit. It just wasn't long enough. Foxy was so excited to see her.
 Jonathan had given her a bath and as a reward for being good he had bought her a little ball. She had nothing to do with it.
 Jonathan moved on to Oliver and Oh How Funny... He ran from Jonathan and it was so funny seeing him chase Olly. 
 He finally corralled him and shut the bathroom door and a few minutes later Jonathan called me to come and take a look.
 I wished I had my camera. That silly dog was laying in the tub of water, his eyes closed and sighing deeply as Jonathan lathered him and brushed him with a new brush.
 I don't think he wanted the bath to end but Jonathans back couldn't take much more so the dry off began and then as a reward (as if the bath wasn't reward enough) Olly received some Breath bones for his breath and teeth and a new ball to play with. So the dogs were happy.
 Well at least Oliver was. Foxy was sjivering with the cold so I carried her outdoors so she could dry and then she crawled into bed and under the covers and stayed there until Karyn got here.

 I think that I forgot to mention that the boys bought a car from Nathan's manager at work. I don't know what year it is but it has been pretty well cared for. It is a Lexus it is just to get around and build up Nathan's credit. It will be traded in on something else in a year or two. It is silver and a 4 door so plenty of room for all of us but I have not even taken a ride in it.

 After Karyn and Foxy went home I decided to read for a little while. Jonathan was watching a movie and I told him that I thought that I was going to bed early and he said that Nathan had texted him and said he was working over and would Uber home so Jonathan said he thought that he would go to bed early too so at 8:00 pm he and I were tucked in our beds and fell asleep.
 The bad thing about that is that I woke up around midnight and have been up ever since. 
 I am getting sleepy now and think that I will go back to bed.

 Good Morning to everyone just waking up and Good Night to all going to bed and in some cases going to bed again lol.... BB

3 comments:

  1. Sleep well, my friend, and wake refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had Arby's in YEARS! I'd forgotten all about it, honestly. But I used to like their sandwiches, and Hardee's too, when they did mainly roast beef (before they turned into a subpar burger chain).

    I'm blogging Olga's page tomorrow! Thanks again for making that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing about Ollie's bath. He probably never had one before. God Bless his heart. He's a special doggie and you've been blessed with him. I can't remember when I ever had a sandwich from Arby's. Hmmm, I may have to do something about that. Enjoy your sleep, I'll chat with you later, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...