Thursday, July 16, 2020

Another Sleepless Night In Austin Tx



A scrap page I did a few years ago when Matthew was working for the railroad and Karyn drove him to his house in Arizona only to have to turn around the very next day and drive back to Arizona and get him and take him to his next job, They were exhausted in this photo. They were indeed howling at the moon lol...

Good Morning,
 I hope that this finds you doing well. I am alright on this end, just tired. I can't seem to sleep. I figure that I am going thru my yearly bout of insomnia so you might see more of me during these sleepless nights.

 I have had a busy day. Nathan had a bad headache today and I told him if he would get his laundry together and take to the garage where our washer and dryer are that I would do his laundry for him so he wouldn't have to since he has to work Thursday, Today now.
 So he did and I didn't mind doing it. I had just finished my own laundry so doing his laundry wasn't a big deal.

 After the laundry was done I spent a good deal of time going over my calendar to see what appointments I have coming up and also a call in to my doctor as I scraped the top of my foot on the threshold of the front door checking the mail the other day. It had come loose and when I opened the front door I managed to get my foot in the way and got a really nice scratch. 
 Being a diabetic I have to watch a foot injury. My foot started to swell so I figured that I had better call my doctor. Oddly my left foot is swelling as well. In fact I feel like I am retaining water so I l bet that my doctor calls me back to check on my foot tomorrow and maybe decide to change my blood pressure meds with a water pill added. I didn't pay too much attention until yesterday when I put on a night gown and it was way too tight and I thought back to when I had the bone density test done last week and the scale showed I had gained 11 pounds. So yeah I feel like I am retaining fluid.

 After that was done I did a little cleaning and then Karyn stopped by to pick up some mail and said that she had a couple of errands to run but she would pick me up afterwards and we would go and get a drink and spend some time together.

 We went to Taco Cabana and she got a couple of tacos. I had already eaten my dinner so I wasn't hungry. Then we ordered 2 lime margaritas to go. So funny to see them hand us two little bottles of tequila and 2 small plastic glasses filled with the frozen lime that turned to slush in this Texas heat in a matter of minutes.
 We don't have bars open or even dining in right now. 
 I said to Karyn, "You mean we can get a real drink?" I was surprised but yeah they will give it to us but we can't drink on the premises. So we drove home, sat in the car and I drank mine while we talked but Karyn gave hers to Nathan.
 I told Karyn that I was going to turn into a Lush... lol. She was like... "It is going to take more than a couple of drinks once a month before you will turn into a Lush mom," LOL... I couldn't help but laugh. I will never be a Lush but I might wanna be haha.

 Then I watched Criminal Minds for a couple of hours and then decided to do some more laundry and before I knew it I had been up a very long time. 
 I think that I am getting use to not sleeping. The lack of sleep will hit me in a few days and I will sleep for hours and hopefully I will be able to get back to normal sleeping hours. 

 Speaking of which I am feeling rather tired. I have to switch the laundry I am doing over before I can go lay down so I will get going and finish it up and try to sleep.

  I will talk to you all later on. Take good care of yourself and each other. It is really important right now to make sure that we take care of one another and check on one another. Especially for our loved ones that are home and can't get out. 
 Today was the first time I left the house since Jonathan and I went to Chuy's when our power went out a few weeks ago and other than to my Endocrinologist, so it was time for me to get out for just an hour even if all I did was ride a couple miles from home, get a to go margarita and sit in my drive way and talk with my daughter. It felt really nice.
 Have a great Thursday! BB

 

3 comments:

  1. At least you were able to get your drink to go. Up here, you can't get alcoholic drinks to go. Maybe you should talk with your doctor about your sleeplessness too. Maybe he/she can help. Maybe today you can get some sleep. You've reminded me that I have a lot of laundry to do. I hope you have a good day Beth. I'll chat with you later. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything better than sitting anywhere and talking with a beloved daughter? Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of that foot! I'm glad you're continuing to get some family time. I don't think becoming a lush is a danger. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...