Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Just Been Busy


Playing with some photos with a program on my phone. My granddaughter Cathy loves to read. She is so like her entire aunts and uncles and her Na-Na who loves to read. May she find magic in every page in every book she opens.


Hello,
 I hope that this finds you all doing well. We are alright here. It is a gorgeous evening, actually it is after midnight here. 

 We have a very nice breeze blowing and it is 79degress outside. It was very hot today, we reached a scorching 105 degrees and the weather channel was encouraging everyone to stay inside if possible, but the heat left and now we are really enjoying the cool evening.

 I have been busy this past weekend and few days. I have been trying to get a few things done and on Monday I had a phone visit with my medical team to go over my lab results.
 I had a really good report and it was encouraging. All of the foods I have cut out and the changes I have made have helped me have a better out look on my health.

 Today I was able to take Jonathan in with me to my endocrinologists office visit. 
 Today was a big day for me. I received my insulin pump and so Jonathan and I went to a training class on how to fill it, and how to place it and all the things that are necessary in using it. 
 It still makes me a little nervous because I am afraid that I will not close it off properly and that the insulin will leak out but Jonathan made me do it myself tonight at dinner so I am getting the hang of it.
 I will become more use to it the longer that I work with it so it will be fine. I will become less nervous every day. I was the same way when I first found out I had diabetes and had to learn to give myself a shot. Each day became easier and so I know this will become easier as well.

 After my first appointment I had to go to my Primary care doctors office and have a blood pressure reading and drop off a something for the lab. I think that I have a urinary tract infection so it was important that I went by the lab. 
 So after I had my training my dietician said that I earned a small treat so we stopped at Sonic and I got a small Sprite float. OMGosh it was so good. It had been years since I had one. 

 I have tried to remember the name of the place my first husband and I would go to when we lived in Indiana and I cannot remember the name of the place but it was a small drive in and their specials were Sprite floats.
 I think that because my neighbor and friend Emily went home to visit her family right outside of Indianapolis that it has caused me to think about that time in my life more often these past few weeks but when we pulled into Sonic I knew exactly what I was going to order and I enjoyed it to the last drop.

 After we left there and headed to my next doctor appointment Jonathan made a right hand turn and started cussing like a sailor... " The f^&%$&&(&ing power steering pump just went out."
 They had just got the car out of the shop because of a power steering leak.
 Jonathan was so upset. "This is the damn reason that I didn't want to buy a used car from anyone but a dealership and I knew we were going to have damn problems with the damn car, I should have not agreed to buying a used car without a better warranty......" and on and on it went until we made it home and I was able to retreat to the quietness of my room.

 I didn't get into the discussion on buying a car. That was between them two and I let it be. I don't know what they had decided about it but I do know that I have my new insulin to pick up tomorrow and to find out about a prescription that I should of gotten on the 17th but Jonathan said that the pharmacist said it isn't ready for insuramce reasons so I have to find out what is going on with that.

 I didn't get my curtains hung in my room. I am going to have to order a new rod it looks like and while I am at it I think that I will order another set of curtains for my larger window. 
 Then I will have Nathan help me hang them. I also am going to order a new comforter for my bed. I just am not sure exactly what I want.

 I lost my glasses today and have looked everywhere for them. I finally found them about an hour ago when I decided to take my new insulin pump medication to my room. They were laying on top of the box so I onow that Jonathan must have gotten them out of the car and brought them in for me. I am really glad that I didn't lose them for good.

 I am going to say good night. I am really tired so it is time for me to go to bed now..

 You all have a awesome day and take care... BB

 












 

3 comments:

  1. What good news you have today. I hope the boys get the car fixed soon. With houses and cars, it's always something. Enjoy your nap. I'll chat with you later. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good lab report, and as you said, I'm sure over time you'll get more comfortable with the insulin pump. So this means no more injections, right?

    Cars are always such a pain! I hope the repairs on this one aren't too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are on the upswing health wise. Be well. xo

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...