Thursday, July 23, 2020

Stuff Still On My Mind


My Sister Sharon and her hubby Raymond. I actually won this 50's kit years ago when I first started getting into scrapbooking. I heard today that the lady that designed this kit is going to start designing again and I am super excited because I am sure that she has this kit still and I have lost my original kit. It might be backed up on my external hard drive and I need to check because I loved this kit.
 Also the local college back home has a Sock Hop dance every year and they combined a Elvis night along with the dance and this is where I got the photos. I need to get some more from my sister. I have lots of ideas and would really love to do a entire book for her and Raymond.

Hi,
 It has been more than a few days since I posted to my blog. I have not been feeling very well the past week or so and it shows here when I am not feeling well. I tend to be absent lol. I wish I could say that I am feeling better now but the truth is I am not feeling good but I will take every day with a grain of salt and hope for the best.

 For some reason my body has started to swell. Especially my legs and feet, arms and face. My doctor called me in a fluid pill and I will talk to her tomorrow and she can make the decision to see if she needs to increase the dosage.
 It would ease my mind tremendously to know what is causing the swelling to begin with. If it is a medication then perhaps she can switch it to something else but I don't have any idea why I am swelling. I just woke up one morning this way. The fluid pill isn't doing much to make the swelling go down so it looks like it is just going to be a guessing game.

 We have a Tropical Storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. If she forms like they think she will her name will be Hannah. 
 The weather station said that here in Austin we could see 3 to 4 inches of rain just as she comes ashore and then more as she moves inland.
 I am really surprised because while we do get rain we don't usually get that much. The hill country will get more than we will. 
 The year that Harvey came in we ended up with a ton of rain. Our apartment flooded and we lived on a large hill so that was a sudden surprise. I was with Matthew the day before Harvey made landfall. We were at Walmart getting groceries and he put his car in there shop to have the oil changed and I took loads of pictures of the clouds coming in. 
 Matthew was with the Rail Road back then. 

 Oh speaking of the Rail Road, one of his old supervisors came across his Facebook page the other day and messaged him. He said Boy what are you doing driving a truck? You need to be driving my trains lol.
 Matthew decided to go to truck driving school because it was easier to get his CDL license. He wasn't going to be able to get it with the rail road unless he took off of work and then took classes etc so this way he could learn to drive a truck and make a living too and then if he does decide to go back to the rail road then he has his license and can advance in the company. I am not sure if that is what he will do or not. He changes his mind like some people do shirts. But that was his goal and I am not sure if he wants to go back to that particular company but it was great that his old supervisor got in touch with him.

 Wow I have only been typing less than 20 minutes and already I am getting tired. I haven't done enough to be tired but I am headed there.

 I cleaned the bathroom today, folded a load of towels and I did a load of laundry for Jonathan. So I haven't done anything to be tired.
 Last night was a different story. Today was garbage day so Nathan and I got the bins ready to take to the road. I swept the front area and there was a pretty big oil stain so Nathan scrubbed it down with an old mop and I was hoping that it would all come up but a large part is still there.

 The boys bought a car from Nathan's manager at work. It had a power steering leak so that is where the oil came from. They put the car in the shop but it will not be ready for pick up until Saturday and Jonathan and Karyn are both now on mandatory over time with the storm in the Gulf there will probably be a lot of displaced people and power outages so they can start filing for local FEMA and so the Governor opened up the State's resources. 

 I am going to get off here for now and go and rest. I hope that everyone is doing alright and I will talk to you all soon. I am so far behind in my blog reading. I will catch up as soon as I can. In the mean time you all take care of yourself and loved ones... BB

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Take care of yourself, especially if that storm heads your way! (I haven't even heard about that...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better, Beth. I hope you feel better soon. You're doing a lot for one who isn't feeling well. Very little makes me more tired than laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow down a bit Beth. You shouldn't be up on your feet at all while you are swollen. Hopefully, the fluid pills will be able to help. I'll call you in a while. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...