Sunday, March 18, 2018

Edna Is Flying Home Today



 This layout is done with a mixture of free kits when I first started doing pages. 

Hello and Happy Sunday!
 Miss Edna is probably in the air by now heading back home. I wish her a very safe flight and really hope that the weather will be decent when she gets back home.

 I had a good flight home. I was the first to board, I found my seat and as soon as my seat mates arrived I thought that I would watch a movie or play a game or something. Instead I closed my eyes. I vaguely remember the plane lifting into the air. I woke up as we hit the run way when we landed. Whew I needed that nap. I was so restless the night before afraid that I would over sleep and thanks to Edna, she woke me up as the wake up call feature did not work for us. Thank you Miss Edna.

 Matthew my son picked me up curbside. Let me tell you DFW was a nightmare. But the International ones are usually big and confusing. This one was for me but thankfully I had an attendant both ways that truly helped me out a lot. 
 The traffic home was horrible. Between the road construction and the drivers that didn't know how to use signals we certainly had our Guardian Angles looking after us. 
 I was so glad to be home after that drive. But the good thing is that these trips give Matthew and I quality time to spend together. It is really amazing to be able to spend time with our kids no matter where we are.

 Cisco was confused when I walked thru the door. He didn't know if he wanted to crawl into my lap or if he just wanted to keep an eye on me and the front door.  But things are better now. He will actually let me walk out of the room without beating me to the door lol.

 The first thing that I noticed when I walked out into the Texas sunshine was the humidity. It was so thick I could have cut it with a knife. But it is really a small world. 
 The young man waiting with me outside was going to Stephenville. I was like "No Way" and he knew my  niece and great nephew! They have lived there for years and years and years. Stephenville Funeral Home was where my brother was at. It has almost been a year now since he passed. April 20th. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone because it still feels so sudden to me. 

 I have a lot of things to do today. I emptied out my suitcase and put a few things up, but still so much I need to organize. This is the first time I have even turned on the computer. I didn't realize how such a short flight and drive home could tire me out so much but it did. 

 I have some great memories of Florida. The days just went by so fast but all were fantastic. I long for the cooler temps in Florida that we don't have here. It is just 10:30 a.m. and already it is 81 F and 67% humidity. It rained for about a half hour last night. 
 Joe and Karyn stopped by on their way to the store and brought me dinner. We talked for a little while and then I gave them a pot for one of their trees. They picked it up on their way back from the store and Karyn said that the skies opened up on them lol. 
 I had no idea. I ate my dinner and fell right to sleep. A couple of hours later Matthew called and said "Mom where are you"? I said sleeping. He asked me to unlock the door. He also brought me dinner but I told him I had already had dinner so he ate it. It was a free meal. He had a ride that ordered food and then they didn't want it. So when he called in to report the no show, he was told well you just got paid and a free meal. Enjoy it. He didn't stay long as his phone went off for another ride.
 It is South by Southwest here this week and he has been running his butt off with rides. He was going to work a few more hours and then he was going to shut his app off and go home and go to sleep. I did the same. 
 Cisco went to bed with me but he got down and into his bed. I felt him get down and I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

 Karyn is wanting me to come to dinner. She has new furniture. She wants to show it off and I can't blame her. Her friend just moved and couldn't move everything so she gave most of it to Karyn except the sofa. Karyn is buying that, but she got a table and chairs, a bistro style, a microwave, a coffee table, and a TV. I know that she was happy to get that as the one she had went out a few weeks ago. Some other things as well. I am not sure when I will go for dinner. 
 Today is laundry day for sure. I didn't get my bedding washed or my towels and some of my clothes, plus I have some from Florida that need to be washed as well.

 I will share a few things that I got from the internet then I am going to see about starting on my day.

I have heard this all of my life and so glad that it is a myth.

I just love this one....


And finally..... this is really sooooooooo true... lol

Stay safe and have an awesome Sunday..... BB
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...