Friday, March 23, 2018

Long Days And Nights


My grandson Alex when he was little... He loved this tea and his Mimi always gave it to him at night before bedtime. I drink it myself when I can find it. So glad that they came out with the tea for kids. This page was made using a free kit called Dreamland. The lady that designed the kit is no longer in business. Thank you for looking.

Good Afternoon,
 Just like my grandson Alex, I need something to help me rest and sleep but I won't be able to drink any tea until tonight!
 It has been super crazy on my end. That is one of the reasons I am so late in posting my blog today.
 
 Yesterday of course started of as a disaster as Cisco was so sick. And he didn't stop being sick until today. He is still not eating normally, but he is eating a bite here and there and that is good. 
 The medication seems to be working well so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
 But the mess..... OMGosh... it didn't stop. I got home from the doctor and I am not sure if Karyn came into my room to use the bathroom and didn't shut my door all the way or what. So back to square one.
 Then just after I got that cleaned Karyn was yelling at me from the main part of the house. "Mom Cisco is being sick again." So I had to hang up with the conversation I was having with one of my doctors I was trying to make an appointment with.
 We made sure that we kept a very close eye on him.  (And Doors Shut).
 Jonathan came home at lunch and gave him his medication and he seemed ok until Jonathan got off work. Last night and this morning was uneventful thankfully. 
 I put him in bed with me last night and we cuddled and played with his little piggy but he got down on his own and went to his bed in the living room. I shut the door and he never tried to get back into my room. I think that he knows he needs to be by the front door and Nathan stays up super late so he would have been able to get him outside in a hurry. Nathan said he slept all night. 

 I had my kidney appointment yesterday. I had been worried about that as my potassium had been very high. It is in a good stage right now, still a bit elevated but not dangerously high like it was earlier. 
 My white blood count was high and still high so I do have some kind of infection but he and my primary care doctor wants to see if it will leave on it's own. I have had way to many antibiotics this year not counting all I had last year and then again this year with the various flu and bronchitis and the boil that I had. So maybe this isn't all allergies as I thought it was. Maybe I caught a cold.

 The tests that I had were pretty good. I have a small kidney stone tho and they hope that it will pass and not grow. I will have to keep an eye on it but I am not surprised. I had one right before I went to Florida and it hurt like the dickens to pass but I did pass it. 

 The ultrasound did show a lot of scar tissue where they took my right kidney. That is where the pain is coming from. I will have to have it removed at some point but right now is not a good time to have it done. 
 I am supposed to talk to my pain management doctor and let her know so when the scar tissue is inflamed she can temporarily increase my pain medication if I need it. But I wont ask for more. I don't like taking pain medication if I don't have to, but I cannot take anything but Tylenol for break thru pain and only 2 a day and as sparingly as possible.  
 At least I can contact her if I have to, but knowing me I won't. I am already on a good pain management plan. It has helped a lot and for that I am grateful.

 I discussed my tiredness, my sleeping habits, and all I had written down to discuss with him.
 He said first of all high potassium makes me tired.  I complain all the time about being tired. Not normal tired, but just bone tired.
 Second of all is the medication that they are giving me to keep my heart rate down and the pressure down of the kidney. It is a very important medication because it protects the kidney.
 The morning one I take is to control my blood pressure and heart rate. If I do not take this my heart rate is very high. Even yesterday my heart rate was 127 and that was with the medication. That had a lot to do with my worrying about Cisco and trying to clean everything. I was stressed for sure.

 I told him that I am a night owl and he said that I have to find a balance. Great idea... I have been trying to find a balance. I don't know what it is. I take my meds after dinner at night so that they can start helping me relax but I don't. Even if I shut everything off at the same time every night, was in bed by say 9:00 pm and lights off, that does not mean that my mind shuts down. And I will also sleep a couple of hours and then wake up and be awake for hours. 
 I also just do not want to go to sleep at 9:00 or 10:00 pm. For me this is the time that I enjoy watching something on Netflix or tv. The reason being is that it is the time I am least disturbed and I am the type of person that if I get interrupted during a tv show or movie, it's over. I get so aggravated that I will just turn it off. 

 Last night I did go to bed early. I had dinner over and the dishes done by 7:00 pm and took my meds and my shower and had a cup of my chamomile and vanilla tea. I went to bed. I slept until 12:40 am.  Then I was totally awake. I decided that I was not getting up, but I finally had to go to the bathroom but I came straight back to bed. I tossed and turned but I did not get up. I did what he said to do. I had barely gone to sleep when I heard Jonathan get ready for work. I got back to sleep and slept until about 8:30 and just got up. I will repeat this schedule for the two weeks he has recommended. He said it might take my body that long to get use to it. So I hope so. 
 I turned my phone off as well and turned it face down so the light does not bother me. 

 Matthew came over this morning. He has an important email that he had to fax to a business but could not get into his email account. He keeps getting locked out over and over on emails and on Facebook. 
 I worked on that for ages, going round and round with Gmail and Google. UGH.... But he had to get the email printed and faxed today. It is about his car so very important.
 He finally talked the girl that was handling his car and she told him to go to Office Max where she would fax them the paper work, he would sign it and fax it back to her. 
 Now this sounds just to darn easy.... But I believe in Miracles.... 
 I also set him up another email account and I have all of his information written down so I know what is what. 
 But do you know that it is not as simple to set up an email account anymore. You have to have a secondary account to confirm the new account and your screwed sometimes if you cannot get into your original account to click on the confirmation for the new account! Good Grief.
 
 My ex boyfriend had surgery and I don't know how it went. He has no family and I don't have a way to get in touch with him at the present time. I am sending an email and hope that he gets it.
 Even tho we are not a couple anymore it feels like we are in so many ways. We stay in regular contact. After years together it is hard to let go when you truly love someone. 
 I tried the dating thing after we parted but it was not for me. No sparks, all DUDS and I just wasn't interested enough I think and I still am not interested. I don't think I ever will want to go down that road again anyway.

 Thank you for stopping by. I hope that everyone has a fantastic weekend. I am going to the library tomorrow and I have a couple of books to add to my reading list to put on hold. They are new releases so I know that I won't be able to get them anytime soon but I have a Nora Robert's book I want to read. 

 Take care everyone... BB

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...