Monday, March 26, 2018

Plastics And Other Stuff

Oh Goodness, I really love Facebook Memories. I found this one I had done in my memories section. I will try to find the original photo to add.

Good Morning,
 I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Mine was nice. Jonathan and I went to the library. Not to the one downtown because it was going to be a really crowded area with the Marches going on downtown. We also went to a different one because of the easy access in and out and agreed that we liked the one that we went to best because it has a bigger selection and also because it is in a better area of town. I put a couple of books on hold and I checked out a couple. We had some other things to do so we didn't stay a very long time but we did enjoy it. That was on Saturday. 
 Sunday was a laid back day. I just did a few things on the computer and got off. I spent the rest of my day just enjoying the time with my son and doing a few things in the house. Taking my time and lingering over a few things.
 
 A month or so ago I had received some coupons. I needed to go over to Walmart and pick up a few things and tissues was one of them. I had a coupon that if I bought 2 then the 3rd one was free. The cost difference was 40cents from the regular price so I looked at them and thought ok why not. I would get a free package and save .80 cents. 
 I regretted it... Not that the tissues were bad but the packaging. They were made out of this soft plastic. It looked cool at first and I thought... hmmm nice little invention. I put one in my bedroom, one in the bathroom and one in the main part of the house.
 They were okay until you started to get to the bottom and then you had to literally pick them up as a whole because they were so light I would end up tossing them someplace and have to go and get them. But worse than that I have been reading article's on how much plastic alone is ending up in our oceans, destroying our eco system and endangering marine life. Also there was a big article that spoke of the trash in the Pacific Ocean is twice the size of France. Or double the size of Texas and we are a huge state.
 I have always been one for recycling, and for using as much natural products and for things that are better for our planet. So I regret that even used that coupon. I will stay from now on with cardboard boxes of tissues! 

 I caught up with an old friend on Facebook a while back and sent him a friend request and what a blast he and I have had talking. He had sad news to share and I had to in turn share the sad news with some others. One of our friends passed away and another had been shot and is going to have to have his leg amputated but he is alive. It is still sad. We shared other things and he had a surprise for me and called me using the Facebook phone app so I could talk to a whole group of people as well. He is going to get a phone number for me so I can talk to another friend of mine. It will be a surprise. It is my best friend from Arkansas. Her husband is the one that passed away a few months ago. I hear that she is doing well and still working. She had retired a few years ago but got tired of having too much time on her hands and went back to work. Good for her. She always enjoyed working and still works at the same place. 

 The weather here is hot and muggy. I think that we are going to skip spring once again and jump right into summer, but we have a chance for rain later on in the week. Some of it can be severe tho and in our area we can see up to 3 inches or more. I don't mind the rain as we need some good rain but I am not looking forward to the severe threats of possible tornado's and too much rain at once as it can cause flooding. Not that we would be flooded because we live higher up but getting Nathan back and forth to work is not good and I will worry. The nights are to drop from the 70's back down into the 50's so I will most certainly enjoy that.

 Matthew had car trouble but it sorted it's self out. I just hope that it continues to run well. Karyn worked on a new resume for him and he has applied for a lot of jobs that are better paying. They are back for the railroad and as much as he didn't like to travel, it is important that he gets into something that has insurance and a decent wage. He has barely been making it this past year so I am hoping that things will turn out well for him there.

 Cisco is back to sleeping in my room. Right now he is in my bed. He wanted up with me so I put him in with me. The door is open so he can go in and out as he chooses. He is such a great fur friend. I love this dog to distraction. I know he loves me too and that makes us both enjoy each other even more.

 News is short, so I will try and find the original photo from my scrap page and share it. If I can't find it I will just leave you with a wish for a great beginning of the week.... 
 I have looked and it must be on my external.... I will come across it again... Take care to all... BB



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...