Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Good Morning From Florida!!!



 This is a old scrap page made from bits and pieces from the early days I started scrapping. I think that this is really a fun page since I am in Florida but we are not real close to the ocean.

Hello and Good Morning,

 My flight was bumpy but it was not too bad. My problems began after I landed. When I talked to the transportation company, they neglected to tell me that they are not open 24 hours anymore. I had to take a taxi and it cost me the earth. 
 So I got to the hotel and handed the man my debit card and guess what? It was declined. I wasn't to worried at the time because I just told him to try it again. Declined again!!! Now I was in a panic. 
 My driver suggested that I go into the hotel and make sure that my room was ready. Good idea! 
 So I went to check in and I had booked online thru Expedia. The clerk couldn't find my reservation so I pulled up the information on my phone and showed him and at first he said... Hmmm and then he said well Expedia put the reservation for the next day which was the 4th. It was the 4th, but not 4:00 pm on the 4th... I was like your kidding me... 
 This was like 1:30 in them morning. The manager said they were booked completely. I was like... Please help me. My debit card is declined and I have no access to money and now your telling that I have no room! Not only that but my payment had not gone thru.
 I had no choice but to call my son... He called the bank and had my card unlocked but he had to pay the taxi with his card... But the manager told me that if I could wait until around 5:00 or 5:30 am, then if he had a cancellation he would get me into a room. I sat in the lobby and waited and let me tell you I was freezing. Thank goodness I had taken my shawl because it was 30 F degrees. 
 I got to my room after I had to pay almost a $100.00 and guess what...? I couldn't sleep. I was wide awake and starving. I had bought a can of ravioli and had no spoon and too tired to walk back to the office so I took a coffee stirrer and stabbed each one. I would have used my fingers at this point and I didn't care that it was cold.  I was just hungry. 
 I did sleep. The kids and the party outside woke me up and I got up and made a cup of coffee. As soon as that was done I took it outside and was drinking it  in the sunshine and Edna called. She was ready to pick me up... I jumped up and went to pack up what little I had taken out and went to the office to check out. They were supposed to give me back a refund but so far it has not showed up and I doubt that it will show up. Something tells me that I will not ever see it.
 I also lost my cane. I plan to stop and ask today when Edna and I get out. 

 Speaking of getting out, I need to go and get dressed as we are going out today and look around and just do something...
 Talk to you later... Hugs... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...