Friday, February 16, 2018

Coffee And Blog Reading


kit used is "Feeling The Beauty by dreamingwithbella.com/
This is a photo of my sister Linda on her first cruise in January 2018

Good Morning.
 It is early here and hot and muggy. Jonathan got up at 1:00 am and turned on the a/c. It was that hot and muggy. I had my bedroom window open and couldn't sleep with it open so I was so glad to have him turn on the a/c. As soon as it cooled off I was able to go to sleep. (I shut and locked my window when he turned on the a/c).

 I wanted to update my blog yesterday but I just didn't feel well. I wasn't sick. It was just one of those Blah days. I had breakfast then went back to bed and did a bit of reading in a magazine, then I played my game and took a short snooze. 
 After I had lunch I laid back down but couldn't rest so I got up and made this scrap page and notepaper. I have a couple of them done now. My niece is in cahoots with me. I am sending them to her on messenger and she is printing them out for me and will send them back to me so my sister doesn't see them.  I will at least have help getting them printed out. Thank you my sweet niece who I shall not name at this time!

 I got up early this morning. I had to go to the bathroom and I heard Jonathan up preparing to go to work. I was awake. I wasn't sleeping well so I just stayed up. 
 I had just turned on the coffee pot when I heard Karyn at the door so I let her in, Nathan was still sleeping so he was able to sleep during the packing up of Karyn's computer and stuff. He is up now so he will probably lay back down for a nap a little later on. 

 I just took this photo of Cisco. He sleeps in such weird positions.....


 I see where he has pulled a pair of my jeans down from my table. He does that. He wants my scent. His blue blanket Miss Edna made for him is on the other side of his bed. He must have been hot too! 
 The other day I couldn't find him. I knew he had to be in the house some where. Well Nathan moved his little house under the computer station in the living room. He was snuggled up in it sound asleep. I think he likes it better in the dark so it is a good place for him, but most of the time he is right here in his bed. 
 He still gets in mine, but he isn't there long. Well he was when he was sick. He needed his mama. 
 I am so glad that he has had a good life. 

 He came to us by my daughter Laurie when he was not even weaned yet. They moved from Texas to Nevada and Laurie had already claimed him. She bottle fed him the entire trip and then when she came to my house we took turns feeding him. 
 Laurie and Jonathan kept my house when I moved to a few towns over. Then Jonathan moved to my town as he got a job where I was working and Laurie was alone. Her husband was working out of town.
 She went to her girlfriends house for a birthday party and was on a bus and the bus went down a hill really fast and she was having to stand and the bus slammed on the breaks and she fell forward and hit the seat in front of her. 
 She spent the night with her friend and called me really early the next morning asking me if it was normal to have a lot of blood with labor. It was actually her due date.
 I said Laurie is it a lot of blood or a little blood that looks like a lot? and she said it is gushing down my legs.
 Oh my heart was in my throat but I didn't want to scare her so I said, You have to go to the hospital right now. I was calm on the phone. How I don't know.  I told her, honey your like me, you are just going to have a fast labor. Inside I was in a panic. I was throwing clothes on as fast as I could.
 When I got to the hospital she was in hard labor. My girlfriend drove me to the hospital in Las Vegas because my vehicle was in the shop.
 We barely made it. The agreed to give her an epidural and the relief on her face was so worth it. They were trying to control the hemorrhaging. 
Apparently when that bus hit it's breaks, it pulled her placenta away from the uterine wall.
 My grandson Adrian was born less than ten minutes after the epidural. I was there to cut the cord and the first to hold him. They handed me the baby and I walked over to Laurie and placed him in her arms. I was also lucky enough to get a special band that would allow me in the nursery. I carried Adrian to the special newborn nursery, helped give him his first bath and carried him back to his mother who put him to her breast. Adrian went with her to her room. The only time he went to the nursery was the second night when fatigue finally hit Laurie. They gave her something to help her sleep but Adrian refused the bottle and I was fixing to leave to go home with my girlfriend who carried me to the hospital to visit her and the baby  so they brought him to her but said they were worried she might drop him or something even if they put pillows around them it still wasn't safe and they were also worried since they had given Laurie something to help her sleep that she might roll over on him  so I said I would stay the night so she could sleep. Adrian snuggled right next to her and stayed that way most of the night. 

 To make a long story short, they knew that they couldn't afford the house anymore. She decided to stay at her girlfriends house and the land lord cleaned the house out for her. She had no where to store the furniture and just wanted her personal clothes and stuff and Cisco. Her friend told her that she couldn't bring Cisco. I didn't have transportation to go and get her things and Cisco. My vehicle was in the shop. 
 She called me and I talked to Jonathan and he caught a bus and went all the way to Vegas (26 miles) to go and get him. Cisco wasn't allowed on the bus and so Jonathan called a cab. It cost him $60.00 dollars to bring Cisco to his house and he has had him ever since. 
 He is a spoiled little boy! 
 When they moved to Austin, Jonathan could walk to work and he walked Cisco before he went to work, and on his lunch break he would walk all the way back to take him out. So Jonathan never really had a real lunch break to eat. He ate on the go! 
 But Jonathan was making sure that Cisco was taken care of. Many times he would call me, where ever I was on his lunch break and tell me he was home walking Cisco before going back to work and that is when we had our chances to talk. When he got home at night he didn't want to talk to anyone lol.

 Gosh this is the longest post I have written in a long time. It is good to travel down memory lane sometimes. 

 Karyn is working in the office today and Jonathan went in to work, even tho he had a note from the doctor to have the day off,  his boss is sick too so someone had to go in and since he is a supervisor he went in so his boss could take care of herself and I think she was needing to go to the doctor too. 

 Nathan is at home today and tomorrow. He goes back to work on Sunday. Jonathan and Karyn get Monday off since it is President's Day and a holiday for us.

 I don't plan to do much. Since I didn't sleep well I think that I will just go back to bed.
 Take care everyone. Stay warm too. For us we are going to enjoy the a/c today until the cold norther comes in late today or tonight then we will need the heat again.... Talk to you later on.... BB



 

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable photo of Cisco in his bed. I'm so glad that he likes his little house. It's just another little safe place for him. Pogo has a few and he's quite happy about it.

    It's good to walk down memory lane every now and then. It sure does bring back lots of memories, doesn't it? I have a lot of catching up to do here, so you have a good night. Hugs and woofs to Cisco. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new layout and papers such pretty colours. Cisco's photo is nice too although I wouldnt have thought it was very comfortable lol,
    That was a lot of memories glad it all turned out well at the end, hope you got the rest you needed, take care x

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...