Friday, August 30, 2019

As The Wind Blows



This page is made with Asian Allsorts Mini kit by Rosie H from our Daisy Trail free kits. Thanks for looking. I made this page using my granddaughter Cathy. It is her first day of school this school year.

Hi,
 I had a little inspiration so I wanted to do a page. I am really tired today so this is a really great way to decompress. I am beginning to really miss my digital scrapbooking so perhaps my dry spell is over. I really hope so. This use to be my passion but I finally had to have a break.
 I was on 13 teams at one time. What started as a hobby was taking over my life. 
 It is really awesome for a designer to invite you onto his or her team and put out quality pages to help them grow their business and getting the free kits were great too.
 But finally having so many pages to do, stores to post at, then the forums and it just came to a point that I said to myself, "When was the last time I just did a page for the pure enjoyment of it?"
 The answer was not for a long long time. So The break really did me good but now I am ready to begin again. I just don't want to be on any teams. I just want to do pages for my friends and family and just enjoy it like I did with this page of Cathy.

 Well I decided not to be making plans because they change as the wind blows. 
 The air at my daughters house in San Antonio is not working properly so the kids have come to spend the weekend with me. We are having so much fun. 
 Mama and daddy have the baby. They know that it is too much for me to deal with having all of them but I have been so happy to have the oldest three.
 We had mac and cheese for lunch along with baked beans and hotdogs mixed together with some onions and bell peppers. They said they only wanted the mac and cheese but Nathan wanted the beans and franks. We call them beanie weenies around here. Needless to say that we didn't have any of either dishes left over. For three kids who really wasn't hungry they demolished 2 pans of food haha.
 For dinner tonight Jonathan picked up a few things that kids enjoy and I really wasn't hungry. I ate a couple of tacos and that was enough for me.
 My appetite isn't really good right now. It will get better as autumn gets here and it cools off.

 I am heading to bed. I am going to have to get up early in the morning but before I head that way I do have to tell you that Nathan and Adrian moved the living room around today. It opened up the light in my living room. It looks really good and we cleaned really well. The only thing we forgot was cleaning the ceiling fan, but all the windows and blinds are clean and filters changed on the small portable a/c and floors are tomorrow. 
 I also cleaned the kitchen well again tonight too.

 Dante my grandson has been so sweet today. It is such a joy having all of three of the kids. I wish Damien was a little older because I would love to spend more time with him too. 
 I gave Cathy a bag of costume jewelry to go thru and pick out what she wanted and Uncle Jonathan AKA (Uncle Furniture) gave the kids his tv and a few games and I gave Dante my chair pillow to take home with him so things are going good. I am able to clear out at the same time.

 Good Night everyone. Talk to you all later on... BB

3 comments:

  1. I'm in Texas too, our first year. Dimi and I were transferred here from Santa Clara California. What a change that has been. Thanks for the blog entry. I go here in the mornings now, the news too depressing but here I hear from real people. That's so refreshing. Pronounce my user name slowly to know more about me...batty as a loon. My name is Tom. I have battled type 2 diabetes for more than 20 years, maybe 30 if I counted back. I am currently fighting melanoma cancer, about 10 years. I took care of my folks until they died, dad was 98, mom 10 years younger, they had been married all their lives, long time. Dad used to say that getting old was not for sissies. :)
    Thanks for the blog entry, it was a nice read and a beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, Thanks for stopping by. I am glad that you did and where in Texas are you? How are you enduring our wicked heat? UGH for me. I was born and raised here in Texas and this is where I have raised my children as well. I traveled for work a lot but when I got sick I moved to Austin to be with my kids.
      Speaking of which I have had Type 2 diabetes since 1990. I am so very sorry to hear of your melanoma. Please take care of yourself.
      Thank you again for stopping in. I understand how depressing the news is. I have stayed away from it for the past couple of weeks as it is upsetting.
      Have a great day and welcome to my blog and come again anytime. Beth

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're having a grand old time with the kiddies. Just don't overdo. You only have one set of legs, and they don't re-grow. Did the kids ever make it into school? I hope so. Tom sounds like a nice person. Does he have a blog? I'm off now to catch up with your next post. Woofs from Pogo, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...