Wednesday, August 28, 2019

What The Hell



I guess that you can tell we are Texas Longhorn fans here... This little girl is my great niece Alissa. I made this page when I first started doing digital scrapbooking. This kit is one that I started with from Daisy Trail years ago. We all cried the day that they closed their doors. 
 Not only did I have an incredible network of friends and I still have them, we all just moved around. I am at Flickr and some of the other ladies went over to Just Art and some just posts to Facebook now.
 Anyway this is one of my very first pages and now I need to make a new one. This little girl is fixing to be a mom. A first time mom. We are so excited. My little girl is having a baby girl.... WTG Alissa and Willy...

I am so sorry to have been missing in action but lack of internet can really screw up a persons schedule. Someone dug or cut or however they managed it, they rendered us internet(less) for several days.

 So tonight I wanted to post some pictures and What the hell happened to Google photos???? 
 I went to get the kids school pictures to post and wow what a surprise. There are photo files but none of them open. I remember they said that they were doing something with Drive and Google photos but I really didn't understand any of it.
 Then so I go to my drive but nothing opens there either. What is going on?
 Not a good time to be surprised after not having the internet for a few days. This is a nasty surprise for me.

 On top of that we had a huge tree limb fall on our roof. Mine and my neighbors so we had to change our sitting area due to the danger of the limb possibly falling on someone so we moved out to the front. 
 Not as nice out there because the sun is so bright and in full force.

 The tree limb is no longer there. Some company spent 2 days removing it and then they came this morning and cut up the logs and hauled them away. 
 It sure looks different now. I know a lot of little critters were displaced. The bats and squirrels and probably some bird nests as well. 
 Well my neighbor Julie and I knew that it was only a matter of time before something happened. We are just thankful no one was hurt and that it didn't do any damage to our roofs.
 Funny thing is the neighbors must have taken care of it because my Landlord was looking for a company and he text me last night asking if I knew what was going on and I didn't. 
 Now they got the limb, they trimmed the trees back where it had fallen into Julies trees but they did not trim any of the limbs that are low and hitting our roofs. 
 I guess that they were just paid to take the tree limb down and leave the rest. But I will get with my Landlord and point out to him where these tree limbs are going to cause some roof damage. Just wait till a mighty storm comes thru!

 I had company over the weekend and have loads of pictures that I cannot find. Funny how I had things in albums and I cannot even get the file to open. 
 I am going to have to go online and do a lot of reading. I guess it is my fault because I should be on top of all this technical stuff and I have put it all on the back burner.

 I am planning to go to my daughters in San Antonio next week for a week. The baby turned 2 on August 26th and we are going to have a little birthday party for him, go down to the Riverwalk and the aquarium. 
 I am not sure how her internet is set up so I might not can post but maybe I can use my tablet or something. 
 I am looking forward to seeing my grandkids. It has been a few weeks. The last time they were here I was sleeping and Laurie and Jonathan both said they had no idea how I slept thru all of that noise lol.
 I must have been tired.

 Well let's see. I have been cleaning, getting a few things done in the house that needed to be tended but I have to go slow these days. It is a pain to be able to do a few things and have to sit down but these legs really hurt. Especially my left one. 

 Karyn brought me two really pretty Citronella plants. They are huge and I have rooted one and started it in another pot. My Christmas cactus doesn't look to healthy. I am a bit worried I might have killed it but I will baby it tomorrow. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. It is really hard to know what to do sometimes. Conflicting information is my biggest source of regret.
 That and this house has no real light. 
 The living room has the best source of light but there is no place to put my plants. It gets morning sun and then the afternoon sun.
 The back yard is mostly shade. Or was. Now that huge limb is gone I am not sure what kind of light is going to come thru. I was to busy today to observe.
 My bedroom would be good where my dresser sits but the window faces the sidewalk and road and I really don't want people walking by to be peering into my bedroom. We have a lot of people walking their dogs, kids riding bikes, families and kids, and just people. Also the bus stop is right there! Seriously anyone standing and waiting for the bus can look right into my bedroom if I have the blinds open for light for my plants.
 Nathan and Jonathan's room have sucky light.
 This is the 3rd place in Austin that I have lived that we just do not have good lighting. 

 Karyn and Nathan went grocery shopping for me tonight. I just didn't feel up to going. I washed our bedding today and swept and cleaned the kitchen and did some of our laundry that we will be needing for fall. Sweaters and such. Then tomorrow I really need to do our regular laundry. I wanted to do it today but Nathan needed to do his laundry and get ready for work this week so I can do ours tomorrow. Trust me, laundry is always something that needs to be done. 

 I want to catch up on a lot of blogs I have missed so I am going to say goodnight for now and go read a bit and go on to bed.
 Maybe I should go and read about using our new Google photos and My Drive.
 Till later... You guys take care of you and thank you ever so much for stopping by. BB

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad the tree is off the roof and that there is no damage to your roof. Now you just have to worry about the other limbs near the roof. gosh, you've been having bad luck with your internet. Beth, I hope you have a grand time being with your family for the whole week. How wonderful for you. Just don't overdo. Be careful of your legs.

    Today Deanne and I are going grocery shopping. With these new food restrictions, it's not so easy to shop anymore. Ah well, time will help with that. Your scrap page is adorable. Amazing how quickly these little ones grow up.

    I have to get ready to go out now. Beth, you have a super day. I'll call you later this afternoon. Pogo sends woofs, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you got rid of that limb. I hope you figure out the picture situation! It can be frustrating how technology changes. I still use Flickr too.

    We have a Christmas cactus in the library and we don't pay very close attention to it -- but it DOES have a lot of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I would have light in the living room but my son has a massive game system with the TV sitting right in front of the only good windows in the house. I am going to talk with him about moving things around on his next days off.
      I think Christmas cactus is so pretty and your right about not having to do much with them. This one was a Christmas gift from my son Matthew one year along with a living tree. So it's special. I tried to keep the tree alive but I failed. Hard to keep it in a pot along with little light.
      How is your mom doing? Are you still going to be able to go back to Florida? I have been thinking about you and your family as well as Mary and her family with Hurricane Dorian.
      I will talk to you later. Take care!

      Delete
  3. They grow so fast, the little ones! I'm glad the tree didn't do any damage to your roof, or to anyone. Enjoy your time in San Antonio with the family. Glad you're feeling better than you were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, oh I know the kids seem to be little just a little while and then they are going to college ha!
    I am feeling better. I turned 40 and fell apart! How are you hon? Where did you live in Texas? Have you ever been to San Antonio?
    I really appreciate you stopping in. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never did live in Texas, but I visited San Antonio a lot at one point, for a job I had, the one that took me to Comfort once a month. We used to stay in San Antonio and commute from there. But now my niece lives in Dallas so I may get to know another part of Texas better!

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...