Saturday, August 31, 2019

Perfume Of Summer


This is a page that I did tonight of my sisters Susie, Linda and Kay in Cancun. This was taken one of the last nights they were there. I am so glad that they get to have a Beachy Vacation at least once a year.

Hi,
 Just a quick post. It has been a long day and I am ready to crawl into my spot with my pillow and just chill for a little while before sleep.

 I did my scrap page tonight and talked to my sister Linda for a couple of hours. She told me about their vacation. Usually they do a lot of excursions but this year from what I gather they just hung out on the resort.
 My sister Linda had a cut on her foot that became infected and she couldn't go into the water or walk the beach. It was a serious infection and she couldn't cancel her trip because of the expense but she said despite having to just stay on the concrete and in the shade she had a great time.

 I have had such a blast with my grandkids. They are old enough to really keep themselves occupied but Aunty Karyn got them a couple of activities to do.
 Cathy has a really nice velvet poster art set, Dante and Adrian have a new game that Uncle Nathan let them have and a deck of Uno cards. So they have had a lot to do. 
 They have been really good about cleaning up after themselves and not fighting. I figured there would be an argument some where along the line, but so far so good.
 They will be going home tomorrow. I am going to miss them but I am so happy that they don't live so far from me anymore. It was impossible to visit with them when they were in California.

 They are all in school except for the baby of course and they had plenty to share with me about their schools. 
 Dante the most since this is his first year. We are so happy that his experience so far has been a good one.
 My son Nathan never had a great experience in school. It was a fight from day one with him. He never really adapted either. I am not sure why. 
 All of my other kids couldn't wait to begin school. I had them all in some kind of learning school including Nathan. He is still a loner to this day. He just beats to his own drummer I guess but that boy is so smart.
 He has been studying the Bible in Hebrew. I would love to be able to retain just a little bit of what he retains. 

 The heat has been alright today. Not really to the point of being miserable but once again it is the humidity that has gotten to me. 
 We had sandwiches for lunch and ordered Pizza for dinner. That way I didn't have to heat up the house cooking.
 Jonathan ordered from Domino's tonight instead of Papa Johns. I guess they had a special going and we took a vote. Spaghetti or Pizza and Pizza ruled! 
 I will make the spaghetti tomorrow early so they can have it for lunch before they go home. 
 They are really easy to please food wise. It sure makes me happy to see them eat and not waste food or be picky eaters.

 Speaking of eating... I have a baby kitten that comes every night. I think that he lives next door but I have a bowl of food and water out for him and so far he will come investigate. Last night was the first time I ever saw him out back. Normally he comes around to the front.
 I hope that I can befriend him. So far he is really shy and spooks easily. 
 I say he is a he but it could be a she. I haven't been able to tell as he/she is really fast when I try to get close.
 I should name him Hermes if he is a boy... Swift as the wind lol.

 I have been studying Mythology and finding it fascinating. I just got my book. I ordered a used copy for $1.50 and free shipping and I love it. 
 I will have to share some things when I have a bit more time. Right now I am pretty swamped but I was able to look thru it and read a couple of chapters.

 It's time for me to say goodnight. I hope that everyone has a pleasant Sunday and enjoy the long weekend. I meant to say that last night. Take care of you and I will be back tomorrow... same time same channel lol... BB

4 comments:

  1. Mythology is always a favorite study subject among the kids at the school where I work -- and I remember finding it fascinating myself years ago. It's funny how we still pay so much attention to these stories concocted thousands of years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really strange that when I was in school we didn't study mythology. There may have been a few stories here and there but not many that I can recall. My kids on the other hand lots of studies. I remember my son Jonathan having to do reports on a few of the gods. I admit that back then I was lost lol.
      I hope that Mythology stays in the schools forever... :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Mythology when I was in school. I still find it intriguing. Some years ago, a friend and I took Hebrew lessons for a while so that we could read and understand it better. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the kitty eventually decides to befriend you. If it is coming by for food, then you know it is hungry and most likely needing a bi8t of TLC. Have you thought about making a little house for it to keep it out of the weather? That's what we did when stray cats began showing up in our yard.

    I'm glad to hear that all the kids are in school. It worries me when a child is denied a spot in school. Today I'm trying to scrounge up the energy to do some laundry. Then maybe I'll make a pie. We'll see. Enjoy the kids while you can, and have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yes Tom does sound like a very nice person and I do hope he stops by again. I do not know if he has a blog or not.
      The kitty ate half of the bowl of food last night so he must be hungry. I do hope to befriend it. Oh and there is several places he can get out of the weather but wouldn't it be nice if Foxy will like him and he can come into the house?
      I would love some pie. I have been wanting to make something sweet or have something sweet. Maybe we will get some ice cream later on. You have a wonderful day too my sweet friend and give Pogo lots of love from Auntie Beth xxx

      Delete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...